Not for ski999

skidude

Picture a slope a little wider and steeper than Marjie's or Razor's Edge. Then put 800 Aholes on it. Sure, 10 of them will be just swell people--- the June's and DMC's of the world, for those that know them. But the other 790 people that will be on Hellgate are absolute scum.

And when I party, the last thing I want to do is end up in stupid fist fights. But the Hunter scum line up in gauntlets to the women's room at the bar we used to go to and would grab the butt of ever girl on the way by. Same on the dance floor.

We used to club a lot...five or six nights a week when we were near Philly. Hunter nightlife is where all the sleezeballs that wouldn't be allowed past the bouncers at our old clubs have free reign.

In other words, I hate everything about that place.

Uh, great snowmaking, though.

Picture a slope a little wider and steeper than Marjie's or Razor's Edge. Then put 800 Aholes on it. Sure, 10 of them will be just swell people--- the June's and DMC's of the world, for those that know them. But the other 790 people that will be on Hellgate are absolute scum.

And when I party, the last thing I want to do is end up in stupid fist fights. But the Hunter scum line up in gauntlets to the women's room at the bar we used to go to and would grab the butt of ever girl on the way by. Same on the dance floor.

We used to club a lot...five or six nights a week when we were near Philly. Hunter nightlife is where all the sleezeballs that wouldn't be allowed past the bouncers at our old clubs have free reign.

In other words, I hate everything about that place.

Uh, great snowmaking, though.

SKI999,

You mentioned June. Does she have a condo near the tubing area at CB?

June that worked in Hunter's marketing department back when I did my Instructor Training Course renewal at Hunter. Not a PA person that I recall.

There are some cool locals, but any good things are blown away by the countless idiots.

If you doubt me, just go stand at the top of Hellgate on any Saturday. It would be great Warren Miller footage. I know Skimom has had some good deals and experiences there, but I cringe when I hear she and the little 'Dude are headed that way. :paranoid

Yes, I know both of them and I knew a bunch of that gang stayed down there.

Shelley was my middle school Phys. Ed teacher and years later I student tought in the same school with her. I now see her from time to time around South Jersey and also in the Poconos. She has been a Diehard skier at CB for more than 25 years. Next time I see her I'll tell her you said hi.

Shelley was my middle school Phys. Ed teacher and years later I student tought in the same school with her.  I now see her from time to time around South Jersey and also in the Poconos.  She has been a Diehard skier at CB for more than 25 years.  Next time I see her I'll tell her you said hi.

Better tell her "the lady with the bell who moved out west" or she'll never know who you're talking about.

Sure, 10 of them will be just swell people--- the June's and DMC's of the world,

Greetings, all. Tis I, June from Hunter. I got several PM's through the HM MB (Hunter Mtn. Message Board) that I was famous on this board. I don't know about that, but it's wonderful to know that some of you think I'm swell. :D I left Hunter in Jan. 03, but still stay in very close contact with the very special people, DMC's, etc. that I was privileged to get to know while I was there.

To say Hunter has great snowmaking is an understatement. I know snowmaking, after 25 years in the business, and their snowmaking is un-freakin'-believeable, when they crank it. The mountain itself is better-than-average - and if you get to know the very special people there, you get to explore the very special stuff at Hunter that only they know about. :P

Have a good one, ya'll - whoever you are!

June

"A ray of sunshine in otherwise flat conditions."

haha

glad to have you here!  You said you left hunter, where did ya go?

Hi there, Atomic Skier! I left the ski industry -- and 50 years of living in the mountains -- for the Jersey Shore, Atlantic City to be exact, and now earn a paycheck from Harrah's, as a Special Events coordinator. Stuff for high rollers - like Blackjack Tournaments, New Year's Eve Gala, etc.

Cool, huh? :D

Hi there, Atomic Skier!  I left the ski industry -- and 50 years of living in the mountains -- for the Jersey Shore, Atlantic City to be exact, and now earn a paycheck from Harrah's, as a Special Events coordinator. Stuff for high rollers - like Blackjack Tournaments, New Year's Eve Gala, etc. 

Cool, huh? :D

Ahh, welcome Dixie, that sounds very cool.... How 'bout comp rooms for the PASR crew ;)

Sounds like fun, but I'd be interested to know if most of the "high rollers" are happy, or a-holes.

Ahh, welcome Dixie, that sounds very cool.... How 'bout comp rooms for the PASR crew ;)

Sounds like fun, but I'd be interested to know if most of the "high rollers" are happy, or a-holes.

LOLOLOL - I don't even get comp rooms. Half off at any other property we own (which is 53 world wide now that we bought Caesar's Entertainment), but nada here. I cannot even gamble at Harrah's. As to your question about high rollers - they are people, and people are people no matter what yer talking about. Some are very, very cool. Others - not so cool. This business is not boring, I can tell you that, fer sure!

To answer skidude - if you know the ski business, you know that the people who WORK in it do not get to ski as much as you think they do. I've done more skiing since I left than when I was at Hunter. Granted, I did some skiing in primo conditions when all I did was walk outside my office door - literally - but as for sheer vertical feet, there was no time with a 7 day a week job, and with Hunter's long season, not much time to catch good conditions at other places early or late season. I'm also making LESS money, but MUCH better bennies, and a WHOLE lot less stress, and a TON of less hours. :) Which means I'm aging at a much slower rate now. :P