Park Update

riderossi

Went to sno for the first time since last year (and it was montage then) so first time ever. Everyu single jump was nassstttyy. The long takeoffs floated you better then any i have been on. All the rails/boxes were real nice yesterday a little sticky though. Complete turnaround from last year. more then i could have expected. Kudos to sno's park crew.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wax , lol for racers and pipe jocks.

Just so you know---because you don't right now--wax is important for all skis and boards, no matter what you do with them. Without wax, your base material dries and flakes off. If you don't give a shit about your gear, that's fine. But your statement is just plain dumb. Wax will also allow you to ride a flat board without suction---it allows water to pass under the base.

Not taking two minutes to throw on a rub on at the very least, just once in a while, is just lazy. This isn't just opinion, btw, it's fact. So yell at the manufacturers and not me, if you disagree.

Not taking two minutes to throw on a rub on at the very least, just once in a while, is just lazy.

Hey, you're taking 2 minutes away from adjusting thier sag, or getting rid of goggle gape or claiming which hit they are going to get nastiest on.. I will never forget the ass chewing I got for waxing a set of skis one night for a kid with dried out bases that over shot a jump the next day, it was all my fault.

(don't waste your breathe ski, 90% won't listen and the 10% who do wax will never admit it)

Went to sno for the first time since last year (and it was montage then) so first time ever. Everyu single jump was nassstttyy. The long takeoffs floated you better then any i have been on.

i hear you either love them or you hate them at sno... weird?

Just so you know---because you don't right now--wax is important for all skis and boards, no matter what you do with them. Without wax, your base material dries and flakes off. If you don't give a shit about your gear, that's fine. But your statement is just plain dumb. Wax will also allow you to ride a flat board without suction---it allows water to pass under the base.

Not taking two minutes to throw on a rub on at the very least, just once in a while, is just lazy. This isn't just opinion, btw, it's fact. So yell at the manufacturers and not me, if you disagree.

it is fucking pointless. fuck my base it only lasts 1 season anyway like i was saying before. ive had to buy a new board every year for the last 4 years b/c they all snap like twiggs and cant be warrantied.

my statement wasnt dumb since its pointless to do so since it ganna break half way through the fucking season.

im sorry i dont ride the backcountry in alaska , slaloam races and hardcore pipe runs and comps. untill i do, fuck wax.

Edited by poop

it is fucking pointless. fuck my base it only lasts 1 season anyway like i was saying before. ive had to buy a new board every year for the last 4 years b/c they all snap like twiggs and cant be warrantied.

my statement wasnt dumb since its pointless to do so since it ganna break half way through the fucking season.

im sorry i dont ride the backcountry in alaska , slaloam races and hardcore pipe runs and comps. untill i do, fuck wax.

Then perhaps your should either stop buying piece of shit boards, or get the right size board for your size

aside from that, i rode the pipe today for the first time and had some fun. I got worked a few times but it's nice to try something new out.

You know the wax prevents a lot of scratching right? I wax every 4-6 days of riding on my regular board and at least that on my park board. If you wax it you won't get those super fine scratches just the gouges, then you ptex that and its good to. Untill you snap the board it will ride much better and slide much smoother over rails. As for him getting a cheap/wrong size board - you break them in the park no matter what quality you buy, but I still wax the board. Its cheap and the differance between a waxed and unwaxed board is a bigger difference than the right and wrong snowboard. People spend ages talking about which board to get - but if you don't wax it you might have just bought a piece of crap anyway because thats what you are riding. The biggest difference in board feeling is how much fiberglass and size, so a biaxial versus triaxial board is a huge differance. The big difference between a cheap and expensive board is the base material - yet you see people riding expensive boards with no wax going slower than cheap boards with wax.

The only thing holding people back from waxing is cost, if you have an iron its cheap but if you have to pay someone else to do it then it is expensive. And rub on wax doesn't do shit.

You would never believe the crazy look I got from my 2 roomates who supposedly snowboard. As of now I think they are pure gapers. Neither of them brought their gear to school!!

I broke out the iron, scraper and wax and they looked at me like I was crazy. I honestly couldn't believe it when they asked me what I was doing. Then he dropped the bombshell "Sometimes I take it to a shop before the season and they do it for me. Besides, it comes waxed from the store." :thud: I'll admit I was niave about the whole waxing thing back in the day, but never to the point where I didn't get it done at a shop at least 2 times a year. At this point I can't imagine life before I started waxing my own gear.

Ya the pipe was really fun today. It was my first time ever hitting a pipe, and by the end of my day i had a run down i was happy with. Riderossi, were me and you talking on the lift, and then numerous times in the pipe?

Yeah that was me. I was thought that may have been you but i didn't want to look like an ass if it wasn't :rofl I only got 1 run that i was satisfied with but i was getting the feel for it. I took off once the sun went down because i didn't need to be busting my ass on that thing once it hardened up. I landed on the deck a couple times but thankfully nothing major :rock , i'll be spending some more time there tomorrow afternoon/night.

How could you buy boards for the last four years if you are only two years old?

Yeah that was me. I was thought that may have been you but i didn't want to look like an ass if it wasn't :rofl I only got 1 run that i was satisfied with but i was getting the feel for it. I took off once the sun went down because i didn't need to be busting my ass on that thing once it hardened up. I landed on the deck a couple times but thankfully nothing major :rock , i'll be spending some more time there tomorrow afternoon/night.

Ya i was liek 80% sure it was you. But i saw some of your deck hits, luckily i only had one but it wasnt to bad. I wish i could go up tommorow but i got work. Definetly friday.

Ya i was liek 80% sure it was you. But i saw some of your deck hits, luckily i only had one but it wasnt to bad. I wish i could go up tommorow but i got work. Definetly friday.

The first hit i wasn't popping out enough but i've got that down now. I don't know if you saw the one where i did a messed up rotation and landed on my ribs then front flipped down the wall onto my back but it was actually pretty fun :wiggle . I also caught up my nose on the deck and dropped to the flat on my back but it was the soft side so no problem there. It seems like skiers have an easier time making it out on the hard pack side than the boarders do..i can't come close to getting out on that side.

How could you buy boards for the last four years if you are only two years old?

oh shit people we have an acclaimed comedian on the board. oh wait nah its just some guy in his mid 30's trying to be a smartass.

and i dont buy cheap boards, and only boards with sintered bases.

b/c i buy the previous seasons shit and save a ton.

Good work, it doesn't do shit if you don't wax it. An extruded base with wax is faster than a sintered without. You could have the fastest base material in the world, if there is no wax on it it will be slower than the cheapest.

Sintered base is more durable - but put a layer of wax over anything and it will be more durable because the wax gets scraped off before the ptex does.

Sintered base is more repairable - but if you don't even bother waxing you definately don't bother with a stone grind and ptex and all that.

So why are you wasting your money on sintered bases even if they are no last years models? If you saved $50 by buying 1 cheaper board you would have covered everything you need to wax it. So basically to me you just look dumb. Its certainly your choice but I have no respect for your opinion on gear if you don't even bother to wax your shit.

Guys I would just stop arguing with Poop.

Hes just a park rat who can care less about his snowboard(even tho most park rats will actually wax and p-tex this shit before every major competiton).Poop just doesn't care,hes probably a little kid who doesn't know anything and lets his parents buy him his snowboards every year so he can really care less about the stuff he buys.

Guys I would just stop arguing with Poop.

Hes just a park rat who can care less about his snowboard(even tho most park rats will actually wax and p-tex this shit before every major competiton).Poop just doesn't care,hes probably a little kid who doesn't know anything and lets his parents buy him his snowboards every year so he can really care less about the stuff he buys.

your the park rat tyke, not me. I only ride park now b/c theres nothing better in the mid atlantic. My parents havent bought me a snowboard since 7th grade. Ive always had a job since I was 12 so dont tell me I take handouts. so its been 5 boards since the last time I was given one. I wish I was a little kid still but no I happen to be 19.

Id sugest you shut the fuck up tough guy since you have no idea what your talking about.

It also seems to me that your the park rat with that gay picture of yours, go cry about your camera fag like you do in the other threads.

your the park rat tyke, not me. I only ride park now b/c theres nothing better in the mid atlantic. My parents havent bought me a snowboard since 7th grade. Ive always had a job since I was 12 so dont tell me I take handouts. so its been 5 boards since the last time I was given one. I wish I was a little kid still but no I happen to be 19.

Id sugest you shut the fuck up tough guy since you have no idea what your talking about.

It also seems to me that your the park rat with that gay picture of yours, go cry about your camera fag like you do in the other threads.

HAHAHAHA!

I like how your typing this to me over the computer.Grow up.

PS:I can't wait till you get banned. :wiggle

would you prefer in person? b/c i like taking road trips :TSX:

i bet you'll make great strides to get me banned btw .

especially when your one of the few provoking me tough guy.

PS:I can't wait till you get banned.???

grow up??????

he's only 16 so he's really trying hard and cant wait to get his license .

i honestly dont have a clue what person can break boards like you. You must suck on jumps, im guessing you go off a jump and put your tail down and dont land flat.

And you must have to do all street rails or just park rails to screw your board up so bad you cant repair it.

Or your a person that has a few scratches on your board but thinks they need a new one. And im just wondering, what boards do you have and did you have.