BB Park Update

stevePSSC

havent heard much about BB's park lately so i figure i should give an update..

Freedom Park is still the same.. 1. Rail/box option 2. downrail/jump option 3. box/jump option 4. box/jump option 5. widebox/flatbox-drop-flatbox option

the jumps were a real good size for being the beginner park (15-20ft) and they rails/boxes are all good height and they all have a good size gap on for beginners.. as for the wide box at the bottom, it is somewhat slanted up and extremely sticky.. it seems that ever since they put it where it is now it is ALWAYS sticky.. my suggestion is make is a slight down slope instead of up..

Merry Widow Park same as well.. 1. downrail/downbox option 2. hip 3. hip. 4. 30 ft jump 5. 35ft jump 6. battleship box/A-frame option 7. wallride

the top box and handrail are smooth and were set up very well today.. my only suggestion is put the longer handrail back up, the one that is there now is really short.. the landings on the hips were icy but still not to bad.. the first jump was extremely nice, it had a good lip and it was nice to see the park crew take the time to fix the jump properly mid day.. the last jump was nice as well good lip with a nice long landing, the wallride at the bottom had no trany up to it at all.. it was just sitting flat ontop of the snow..

Boulder Park 1.Flat-Up-Flat/Flat rail option 2. Channel gap 3. Jump/handrail option 4. jump/upslope box option

i really hate that they have the DFD set up as a flat-up-flat.. and its pretty much ride on.. other then that the park was fine

NOW.. my big problem with today was the crowd.. i knew it was going to be crowded but something has to be done here with the parks.. there were so many times where i had to wait forever to hit the jumps (mainly in merry widow). I went through boulder park once but there were so many people just standing on every take-off/landing/jump.. you name it and ppl were standing on it.. over at merry widow i would wait untill i knew i had a clear shot at both of the jumps and i wouldnt have to worry about ppl on the landings.. So i hit the first jump fine then bomb it towards the second.. as im in the air just doing a 3 i look down to see some kid just sitting where im about to land so ofcourse i yell WTF then i land right before him and just completely spay him with snow and when i asked what he was doing.. his reponse was taking a break!! i could of broke his neck if i was going any faster, since i would of just landed right ontop of him..

Im glad i only have a weekday pass and i dont have to deal with the weekend crowds all the time, but honestly something needs to be done at BB.. maybe no this year since the season is coming to an end but definitly next season!

The short handrail is the first section of 2 parts, apparently it broke and hasn't been fixed yet. But yeah that an awesome street rail that would be sweet if it was back up.

okay that makes sense then.. thanks papa i didnt know that.. and yeah the Flat-Up-Flat is just wrong.. haha

biggest jump is 35ft....thats kinda pussy

yeah merry widow is their advanced park.. not their expert.. and its just a medium sized jump there i never said it was the biggest..

Boulder Park is where the jumps are at.. the smallest is prolly around 40 and the money booter at the bottom is 45-50ft i would say.. and dude Big Boulder is definitly not pussy haha

Edited by brtndominant

the welds broke on that down rail. i told you this steve, i think.

theyre just too lazy to move the other perfectly fine rail (midway on widow, at the top of the pipe if its still there) up and replace it. or just fix the other one.

Too lazy and/or to stupid to....

seriously? eww. that rail was amazingly set up before, why would you bother changing it. it was one of the few rails that was actually hard to clean, yet still fun. upward kinks are lame.

I greased it a few times and that sh*t was hootttttttttt. Now I guess I get to look forward to eating sh*t on it.