johnnypowder

Come meet, greet, and ski with Daron Rahlves on Sunday the 4th. :rock

All of the details are being finalized but:

there will probably be a skier cross competition,

there will definitely be an autograph session,

and who knows what else.

Buckman's will be there, ATomic will be there, Red Bull will be there,

so should you!

For those of you a little slow on the up take, Daron is a former Olympian and World Cup racer (with over 21 podiums) in DH and GS. He retired from the race circuit after the '05 season and has branched out into freeskiing and skiercross.

He was in the finals of the X-Games SkierX this year and was looking good for the win until he got tangled up with another racer and crashed out. His racing experience is making him a force in the skiercross world.

Guys like Daron don't get to PA and ski at places like Bear Creek very often so don't miss this!

The timing of the events will mostly be in the AM as he needs to leave town by about 2:30 to catch a plane.

Watch for more details as they get finalized. :yes

Chances are his GS skis are 186's, 191's tops. He now races skiercross, so he's probably skiing a pair of Atomic SX:12's. And a world cup racer can turn a pair of 186's like most of us mere mortals can turn 165's. Believe me, he'll be ok at BC.

Most guys are at 190+ for GS. I know 'Dude said at NASTAR Nationals, D$ was running 190+'s for NASTAR. The #1 guy on our team is on 190s, with the rest of the top guys on 186's...my 183's feel so short. I wouldn't mind 186's.

Don't know what skis he rides exactly but i was told that they are sending in a special pair for him as he can't ski anything off the rack. Even though he's not a big guy he destroys stock skis. Skier cross is his thing now.

Schedule for the day:

8:30-9:30am - FREE registration for FUN skier cross

10-11:30am - FUN skier cross

Daron will Pre-run course, Open to anyone, FREE registration, Challenge your buddies, race your family. Winner of each race is entered into raffle for great prizes from Atomic, Buckman's, and Red Bull.

10-11:30am - Ski with Daron, sign up to ski a few runs with Daron in small groups of no more than 8!

11:30-12:30pm - Autograph Session in the lodge.

See you there!

For those of you a little slow on the up take, Daron is a former Olympian and World Cup racer (with over 21 podiums) in DH and GS. He retired from the race circuit after the '05 season and has branched out into freeskiing and skiercross.

For those a little slow in the PR department, he retired after the '06 season. :rolleyes:

We can't really accept any congratulations on bringing this even to you, John Lotz from Buckman's and Kent Fried from Atomic brought the event to Bear Creek and we thank them for that.

On a side note, we will also be having a rare Saturday NASTAR event this Saturday, 3-3-07, from 1pm to 4pm with former US Ski Team/Olympian AJ Kitt as the guest pacesetter.

Fees will be the same as normal NASTAR, $5 for 2 runs and $10 for unlimited.

We can't really accept any congratulations on bringing this even to you, John Lotz from Buckman's and Kent Fried from Atomic brought the event to Bear Creek and we thank them for that.

On a side note, we will also be having a rare Saturday NASTAR event this Saturday, 3-3-07, from 1pm to 4pm with former US Ski Team/Olympian AJ Kitt as the guest pacesetter.

Fees will be the same as normal NASTAR, $5 for 2 runs and $10 for unlimited.

I'll be there! OOORAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of skiing will it be? Will it be a race to be able to ski with him, or will it be more of a cruise around the mountain?

No public racing for Daron - sorry!

Don't want someone getting overly excited thinking they can beat Daron and wiping him out into the woods or something!

Daron will cruise the mountain with small groups (be sure to stop by the Buckman's tent to sign up) with each group getting about 30 minutes. I am sure the group will still motor at a pretty good clip. I don't picture Daron moving very slow.

Before you start moaning - the groups with Daron will use the ski school lift lines and won't have to wait. Each group should get a few runs before the time is up. You will have a couple of minutes on the lift to chat with Daron and a few runs to compare your style/ability.

Should be fun, I know I'm looking forward to this even though I have to work all day! (yeah, some call it work...)

URGENT!

THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED! :crymore:

Apparently Daron got hurt over the weekend and his doctors won't let him fly. I don't have all the details but something with blood clotting and the like.

We were really psyched about having him here.

We will try to reschedule but realistically this will probably happen next winter.