Tuesday March 6

SkiCamelback

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I am going to get a hand held wind anemometer and put this to bed the next time there are high winds at Camelback.

http://www.windandweather.com/store/Weathe...p;page_number=1

There are anemometers at the top of the Stevenson and Sullivan lifts. I would imagine that the lifte reports the wind gusts to lift operations and based on some formula they have to close the lift. There also used to be weather stations in the lodges years ago but I don't think they work anymore.

So until someone gets one of these hand held devices to actually measure the wind, we are just guessing the speed.

Hey everybody. I'm new to posting on this board but I've been a lurker for a while. I have been going to Blue for the past 5 years.

I was talking to a close friend yesterday about this topic while blading at Blue and he said that his cousin's best friend is a liftee at Cameback. He only works on weekends and thus normally works the Baily Lift. He said that the Baily can run in winds less than 70 mph. The wind limit on the Stevenson can't be much less than that.

So let me get this straight. Your friend's cousin's best friend works at Camelback on weekends, and he somehow got the message to your friend that the Bailey wind limit is 70 mph. Then, you not only believe him, but make a conclusion from this about the wind limit on the Stevenson, a completely different lift that you know nothing about.

I can tell you and Papasteeze are related.

So let me get this straight. Your friend's cousin's best friend works at Camelback on weekends, and he somehow got the message to your friend that the Bailey wind limit is 70 mph. Then, you not only believe him, but make a conclusion from this about the wind limit on the Stevenson, a completely different lift that you know nothing about.

I can tell you and Papasteeze are related.

Who are you, some sort of expert?

mommawhinyrodhopper

You and knobslobmethod4455 are definately gay lovers. Silly faggot, dicks are for chicks.

Owned? Not close crotchjocky. However you get owned on a daily basis on this board. You are just too stupid to realize it.

CB will be in business way longer than this message board lasts. Go ahead and boycott the place. They don't need jackasses like you who are so full of themselves that they think they can run a ski area better than people who have been doing so for years.

Oh yeah I guess you played Ski Resort Tycoon so you are an expert.

You claim CB is your second favorite place but you also admit you have nothing nice to say about it. WTF??? You are so out your ass.

mommawhinyrodhopper

You and knobslobmethod4455 are definately gay lovers. Silly faggot, dicks are for chicks.

Owned? Not close crotchjocky. However you get owned on a daily basis on this board. You are just too stupid to realize it.

CB will be in business way longer than this message board lasts. Go ahead and boycott the place. They don't need jackasses like you who are so full of themselves that they think they can run a ski area better than people who have been doing so for years.

You claim CB is your second favorite place but you also admit you have nothing nice to say about it. WTF??? You are so out your ass.

it is possible to state your opinion without always personally attacking someone.

Does this thread have any value at all?

Bottom line is that CB does close down list / trails for some very "conservative" reasons, has done so for several seasons and will continue to do so.

For those of us that actually ski / ride there this might be reason for occasional comment or complaint but it's not going to change anything.

For those that don't ride there, it's just pointless bickering and sh!t-stirring. It adds nothing to the value of this board and just degenerates into the personal attacks and misinformed crap that is rife in this thread.

All the ski areas will be closed soon, make the most of it while you can.

mommawhinyrodhopper

Classic

Does this thread have any value at all?

Bottom line is that CB does close down list / trails for some very "conservative" reasons, has done so for several seasons and will continue to do so.

For those of us that actually ski / ride there this might be reason for occasional comment or complaint but it's not going to change anything.

For those that don't ride there, it's just pointless bickering and sh!t-stirring. It adds nothing to the value of this board and just degenerates into the personal attacks and misinformed crap that is rife in this thread.

All the ski areas will be closed soon, make the most of it while you can.

In general, I like Camelback. I think they get more criticism than they deserve. There's decent variety and a good amount of lifts. I personally think that conditions have improved over the years and weekend crowds have been bearable this season. I even appreciate random stuff like the fact that they seem to have a decent program for disabled skiers (in case anything ever happens to me).

However, there is a value to this thread - if there is something to complain about, then voicing these opinions are the only thing that we can do to at least let it be known that their decisions are not popular and there is room for improvement. Shutting down half the ski area and charging full price for potentially poor reasons deserves some discussion and bitching. Conditions were still quite good last Saturday, but their decision to not make snow since mid-Feb seems to demonstrate a lack of interest in preserving quality skiing after making money on the holiday crowd - not good for anyone who is considering buying a season pass.

Unfortunately, most of the Camelback threads do degenerate into pathetically immature territorial pissing or an onslaught of uselessly repetitive, negative comments. This thread seems to have killed the morning reports from Craig, even though it had useful information - at least he told us first thing in the morning that lifts were closed so I know not to go there. But legitimate complaints are partially why these message boards exist.

However, there is a value to this thread - if there is something to complain about, then voicing these opinions are the only thing that we can do to at least let it be known that their decisions are not popular and there is room for improvement. Shutting down half the ski area and charging full price for potentially poor reasons deserves some discussion and bitching. Conditions were still quite good last Saturday, but their decision to not make snow since mid-Feb seems to demonstrate a lack of interest in preserving quality skiing after making money on the holiday crowd - not good for anyone who is considering buying a season pass.

Unfortunately, most of the Camelback threads do degenerate into pathetically immature territorial pissing or an onslaught of uselessly repetitive, negative comments. This thread seems to have killed the morning reports from Craig, even though it had useful information - at least he told us first thing in the morning that lifts were closed so I know not to go there. But legitimate complaints are partially why these message boards exist.

well said....