Sno Improvements You Would Like to See for 07/08

trackbiker

And at places like Belleayre. It's as if ski areas hire someone just to come up with ideas to nickle and dime you in every possible way. Just let some things be free, like where you leave your shoes...

I like the idea of cubby holes as well. Some people will never use a locker whatever the price. If they don't have a place to stow their stuff it ends up on and under the tables. On crowded weekends that means less table space. At $3.00, even less people will use the lockers, or it factors into their decision of where to ski. "Junk all over the place and $3.00 lockers? Plus $3.00 ski check? Think I'll go to Elk, Camelback, or Blue."

Sell ONE more lift ticket and you just made MORE than 16 locker or ski check sales! (Like ski said, some things should be free!)

Another improvement: Ski and Board Racks that will actually hold skis and boards on the outside of the parking lot shuttles.

Reason: Safer (no skis, poles, boards in the bus) Convenience: Don't have to hold skis, poles, boards, along with boots, ski clothes, food, drinks, etc. on the bus.

I know it doesn't matter to the regulars who boot up at the car and head straight to the NF. I did the same 2 out 3 times I was there this season, but it does to matter to people with little kids, those who want to get dressed in the lodge, and the gapers. And that's where the incremental money is. They already have the season pass money.

Edited by trackbiker

1:high speed quad bottom to top (in place of long haul)

2:ROUND COPING ON THE BOXES

3:more step downs/step ups

4:more rails, not boxes

5:more creative features

6:top to bottom black or double black

7:CUBBYHOLES!!!

8:better grooming

9:more trails.... possibly off the backside?

ski mentioned early on that a blue trail is needed from top-to-bottom. The drop-offs on Lower Fast Track and Lower Runaway result in a lot of yardsales for intermediate skiers. It's even tough for experts when you hit those drop-offs at the high speed you pick up from bombing the top 3/4 of the mountain.

It's nice that the NF is sort of isolated, and well marked that it is expert terrain. That keeps most of the gapers off of trails that they shouldn't be on.

When I was skiing Sno this year I thought it would be nice if they had a connection from Whistler and Upper Runaway to Cannonball. I know there's some trails through the trees, but most gapers won't take them.

I think that both ski and GSS are right. Sno needs a top-to-bottom blue trail to appeal to the masses. The terrain won't support a top-to-bottom black diamond. Maybe the solution is to make a new top-to-bottom blue trail and a connection from Upper Runaway and Whistler to Cannonball.

Any thoughts?

Yeah, you don't want to mess with Cannonball. You can pretty much mess with anything else on the mountain---but not Cannonball. The top to bottom blue access is important, but it's got to come from the east side.

That's why I asked.

Cannonball is one of my favorite trails at Sno.

But why not the link? To keep the nubs off it? To keep it in the NF pod?

That's why I asked.

Cannonball is one of my favorite trails at Sno.

But why not the link? To keep the nubs off it? To keep it in the NF pod?

Yep, to make sure newbies have to work a little to get there and not just wander onto it. The best way to ski it is to have speed going over the headwalls...but the headwalls have flat entries, so they are totally blind. You can stop at the top of Boomer or WL and wait for the slope to clear, but Cannonball is best skied/boarded top to bottom, non-stop, with no newbies sideslipping...

Yep, to make sure newbies have to work a little to get there and not just wander onto it. The best way to ski it is to have speed going over the headwalls...but the headwalls have flat entries, so they are totally blind. You can stop at the top of Boomer or WL and wait for the slope to clear, but Cannonball is best skied/boarded top to bottom, non-stop, with no newbies sideslipping...

Just bomb the headwalls. Its going to hurt them more than you if you hit ;)

Good point. I agree. Keep the Nubs Off of the North Face! The nubs are bad enough at the bottom of Fast Track and Runaway!

That's the way I like to ski Cannonball as well. You can get some serious compression at the bottom of those drop offs though! I almost wiped-out backwards one time from it!

Here's the latest summary to date in order of the number of mentions in ( ):

1. Better Lighting (5)

2. New High Speed Lift (5)

3. Cubby Holes in the Lodge (5)

4. Free Ski Check (3)

5. Keep the North Face Trails Isolated from the rest of the Mountain.(3)

6. More Rails in Park (2)

7. A Back Country Trail (2)

8. Top-to-Bottom Black Diamond Trail (2)

9. Park Passes (1)

10. Moguls on Easier Slopes for Learning Bumps (1)

11. High Speed Lift on North Face (1)

12. Club Room for Race League (1)

13. Blow Snow on NF Nightly (1)

14. Parking Lot Tram to the Lodge (1)

15. More ski/board racks (1)

16. Bigger Jumps with Booters and Steeper Landings (1)

17. Bigger Half Pipe (1)

18. $1.00 lockers

19. Ski & Snowboard Racks on the Outside of the Shuttle (1)

20. Better Grooming (1)

21. More Step-Down/Step-Ups in the park (1)