Sno Improvements You Would Like to See for 07/08

trackbiker

The idea for this thread is provide a forum for and a summary of improvements that Sno's best customer's would most like to see for next season. From this list we can then generate a poll where you can prioritize the improvements in the order you feel would most benefit you and Sno. A preliminary list will be summarized for your comments prior to the actual survey.

liftguy has generously offered to present the list to management. He (or I if he doesn't want to) will email the list to Sno management with their response being posted here. Hopefully this will provide them with a tool to evaluate their projects and prioritize them according to what their best customers want.

While Sno has made a lot of improvements in the short time they had this season (not the least of which is the improved snow making :D ), I'm sure we could all make a long list of things we would like to see. In order to give everyone an opportunity to contribute and to get the most benefit for you next season, I suggest the following guidelines:

1. At the beginning of your post state if you are a Season Pass Holder: Yes/NO

2. List the Number of Times you Skied/Rode Sno this year.

3. Remembering the bad start to the season and based on your experience this year, list the number of times you expect to ski/ride Sno Next Season.

4. List the #1 Improvement you would like to see for next season. Why you would like to see this improvement. How it will benefit you and Sno Mountain. Feel free to add to previously listed comments.

5. List ONE other NOT previously listed Improvement you would like see for next season. Why you would like to see this improvement, and how it would benefit you and Sno. I'm thinking limit you posts of new improvements to 1/day in order to give others a chance to respond?

6. Please keep your posts positive. Feel free to bitch about your experiences but also offer a SOLUTION! Otherwise you're just bitching.

7. Please be realistic. Sno is a business that has to show a profit to survive. Posts suggesting the new lift is a Tram or that they offer free lift tickets will not be considered. If other suggestions are debatable, we'll debate them.

8. Please try to stay On Topic. While we all like to have fun, if the thread gets hijacked too much, we all lose. If one of the suggestions generates a new topic, please start a new thread.

Have fun! Please feel free to suggest any ideas to improve the thread.

Season Pass Holder: No

Number of Vists: 3

Next Season Visits: 6

#1 Improvement: Better Lighting for Night Skiing.

Reason: I skied Sno this past Sunday night because I thought the conditions would be good considering the low skier volumes and that it wouldn't be skied off. I would have gone to Camelback if Daylight Savings hadn't changed and if the sun wasn't setting at 7:00pm because the lighting for night skiing is really bad.

The North Face is better, but Whistler is essentially dark except for one spot in the middle. The bad lighting would effect my decision to ski at Sno at night. I would choose Blue, Big Boulder, or Camelback to ski at night.

Better Lighting would make me choose Sno more often to ski at night. While Elk has limited slopes for night skiing, I'd choose it over Sno for lighting. Those "parking lot" lights just don't cut it. Blue has the best lighting for night skiing.

Season Pass: No

Rode Sno 5 times this year

Next year hopefully 10

#1 Improvement: Blow snow nightly on the NF headwalls. Because it's sooo much fun the next day. No ice, great riding, why not (other than when Smoke is used for racing)?

One other suggestion - run the new quad or longhaul during the week instead of just on weekends

Season Pass Holder: Yes

Number of Vists: 34

Next Season Visits: More then this year.

#1 Improvement:Park passes,more flow in the park,and definitely better lights.

PS:Im tight with the one owner,ill ask him to get brighter lights for next year.

xNick11, I didn't mean to steal your post about the lights from the other thread. I didn't see that post until after I posted about the lights. Otherwise, I would have posted something else.

Good point about the park passes. Keeps the newbie's (who shouldn't be there anyway!) out of the big park and provides an opportunity to teach about smartstyle. Makes the park better for everyone.

Ok, It's a day later so I'll add my second Improvement.

Number of Visits: 3

Next Season Visits: 6

Improvement: New High Speed Lift

Reason/Benefit: Sno says on their website that they will have new lifts for next year. BUT THEY HAVEN'T ORDERED ONE YET and the time is getting close for them to have it engineered, manufactured, delivered, and installed in time for next season! These things are not "off the shelf" items. They are designed and manufactured for each particular installation/mountain.

If Sno wants to be a premier resort, they have to have a High Speed Lift. Just bite the bullet and order it! liftguy mentioned a new drive for the Long Haul. This leads me to believe that they are thinking about delaying the new lift. Getting the existing lifts up to design speed would be enough for me, but I'm not your typical customer. The new snow making is great, but to get people to drive the extra miles to Sno from Camelback or Blue you need a HS Lift. And to get the people heading to Elk (which has better terrain and faster fixed grip lifts) to go to Sno you need to give them a reason.

I mentioned my experiences at Sno this year with much better conditions to other diehard skiers and their response was either, "Yeah, but Elk has really good conditions too." or "Yeah, but the lifts are REALLY SLOW." They know they have to do it in the next year or so, so just do it. The volume didn't justify running the Long Haul on weekdays. "Build it and they will come." :D

xNick11, I didn't mean to steal your post about the lights from the other thread. I didn't see that post until after I posted about the lights. Otherwise, I would have posted something else.

Good point about the park passes. Keeps the newbie's (who shouldn't be there anyway!) out of the big park and provides an opportunity to teach about smartstyle. Makes the park better for everyone.

Its cool man.Actually I think they added more lights on mainline cause when sno first was opened in the season that was the only slope opened and when I went in the lodge the main owner asked me how the lighting was.

And all the owners are skiers to so im sure they will see they will need more lighting for next year.

1.Season Pass Holder: Yes/NO......no but am I employee

2. List the Number of Times you Skied/Rode Sno this year. over 39

3. Remembering the bad start to the season and based on your experience this year, list the number of times you expect to ski/ride Sno Next Season. by Thanksgiving, until Mid April

4. List the #1 Improvement you would like to see for next season. Why you would like to see this improvement. How it will benefit you and Sno Mountain. Feel free to add to previously listed comments. I would have to say either a high speed quad(or 6 pack).....why and how, easier control of lift lines esp if they put those 3 new slopes up which would be sweet as well....

5. List ONE other NOT previously listed Improvement you would like see for next season. Why you would like to see this improvement, and how it would benefit you and Sno. I'm thinking limit you posts of new improvements to 1/day in order to give others a chance to respond? Dunno if it was listed but a slope or 2 maybe on the beginner side of the mountain a well, even a partial slope there

6. Please keep your posts positive. Feel free to bitch about your experiences but also offer a SOLUTION! Otherwise you're just bitching. How to offer my solution to that problem.........do the damn solutions ppl say i guess, makes sense, still obviously u can not please everyone

I dunno there is more I feel but its nothing to do with this thread.......I just can pray to see a new lift, a damn good water park, anything else that would make a improvement, even a tram fromthe parking lot like a mini gondola even, but most of all I want to see this place ROCK with the most people all season, any season!!!

Number of Vists: lots

Next Season Visits: even more...

#1 Improvement: Better Lighting for Night Skiing/ Add mougles to easy slopes...

Reason: I belive that night skiing is way to dark, I know we have enough lights to ski, but Like nick said, we could use brighter lights. Also, My first couple times down lightning where a bitch, just because of the amount of mougles, now i'm not saying take them off, otherwise that would be boaring... but I think you should put them on whistler a couple times or something... that way kids and adults can learn them, and get a breif overview of how to ride them...

high speed quad would be awesome in place of longhaul or have it start somewhere at the bottom to take you directly to the top. other than that, ive been riding at bb for the past 2 years, this was my first time out at another mountain and i have to say that sno mountain has alot of potential in the freestyle industry. the terrain is great, nice long runs. ( something i havent been used to ) i think im going to be riding there either this sat or sun with a few good friends of mine, flag me down ill be in all black with an orange hat ( huge ball )

Edited by Jar3d

They should turn the lift that's on the North Face into a high speed quad..than you could get 15 laps an hour on it. 3 minutes up..1 minute down..that would be sweet.

7500 vert per hr x 6 hrs per day x 100 days per season = 4.5 million vert.

You're the ultimate vert whore.

If only Sno was open 100 days a season... :tinfoil:

At least 121 next season :rock

...yuengling

They are a sponsor---$2 post race Yuenglings...

Team FGT needs a private lounge for us to drink in after the race league! I lined up some strippers cheerleaders for the league.

Yeah baby!

1000071.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I admit after reading Post#1, that it was too wordy. I probably had a few too many beers the night I wrote that! :cheers:

I could have just written- Post one improvement you would like to see and why. How's that for being brief and to the point? (At least I'm a happy drunk! :drink::rolleyes: )

I'm adding one more thing to the Wish List:

Free Ski Check.

Convenience. Less stolen skis and boards causing a bad rep.

Here's a summary to date in no particular order with the number of mentions in ( ):

1. Better Lighting (3)

2. Blow Snow on NF Nightly (1)

3. Park Passes (1)

4. High Speed Lift (3)

5. Moguls on Easier Slopes for Learning Bumps (1)

6. High Speed Lift on North Face (1)

7. Club Room for Race League (1)

8. Free Ski Check (1)

9. Parking Lot Tram to the Lodge (1)

Anything else or what is most important to you from the list?

The $3 ski check sucks...for one thing, passholders had to remove their skis and go to the ticket window to buy it, then go back to the shed. And $3? Every once in a while I'll forget my locks at home, but $3 per skier turns it into a bad mistake...

And my other suggestion is tied into it: more ski racks. There have been weekends when it was impossible to find a safe spot to lock 'em...

That's why I modified it from a "private lounge" to a "Club Room."

A lot of areas have club rooms, but I don't think they allow keggers in them! :beer:

It can't be private anyway since it's when our single guys will be trying to hit the drunk girls at the bar.

Here's another improvement sort of along the lines of the $3.00 ski check: $1.00 lockers

Who needs unlimited access? Most people open them once or twice. Elk and Blue both have 50 cent lockers. Even if I locked it 3 times that's still half the price of Sno's. They put up signs for people not to put bags over top of the lockers. (which were ignored by the way.) If they block that space off people will just put stuff on and under the tables cluttering up the whole lodge. Stratton has a free bag check to avoid this, $1.00 lockers, and $2.00 ski check.

Here's a summary to date in order of the number of mentions in ( ):

1. Better Lighting (5)

2. New High Speed Lift (4)

3. Free Ski Check (3)

3. Park Passes (1)

5. Moguls on Easier Slopes for Learning Bumps (1)

6. High Speed Lift on North Face (1)

7. Club Room for Race League (1)

8. Blow Snow on NF Nightly (1)

9. Parking Lot Tram to the Lodge (1)

10. More ski/board racks (1)

11. More Rails in Park (1)

12. Bigger Jumps with Booters and Steeper Landings (1)

13. A Back Country Trail (1)

14. Top-to-Bottom Black Diamond Trail (1)

15. Bigger Half Pipe (1)

16. $1.00 lockers

my suggestion is cubbie holes..like they have at Stowe.. :tinfoil:

And at places like Belleayre. It's as if ski areas hire someone just to come up with ideas to nickle and dime you in every possible way. Just let some things be free, like where you leave your shoes...