late season JFBB plans

jordan

Jack Frost is closing for the 06/07 season on Sunday, March 25 at 4:00pm. Tubing at Jack Frost is closed for the season.

Big Boulder will be open this weekend with limited terrain Trails open for skiing/riding are Mittl-Weg, Boulder Park, Snowdrift, Draufganger, Bunny Schuss,

and Bunny's Elbow.

Tubing will be open this weekend.

There will be no ski school.

Rock Maple Racing at Big Boulder

this weekend.

Big Boulder Spring Weekend Skiing/Riding

(starting 3/31/07 weekends only)

Big Boulder will be open on weekends with selected lifts and trails open for late season park riding. SnoPasses will be available out of Guest Services only. The main lodge will NOT be open to the public. The Double Decker will be open. BBQ on the deck.

Lifts: Merry Widow and Big Boulder.

Trails: Mittl-Weg, Boulder Park, Snowdrift, Draufganger, Bunny Schuss, and Bunny's Elbow.

Tubing will be closed.

There will be no ski school or rentals.

looks like they are cutting all possible costs so they can stay open as late as possible... I give PEAK props for doing this :rock

Jordan

I'm still bummed that JF is closing this weekend :crymore: . Oh well, I guess it's off to Blue for half price and maybe Sno, Elk, or CB and BB on weekends. They could actually have all of the trails open, except for Edelweiss, with the lifts that will be running. As long as Mittl-weg is open for free skiing, I'll be happy...that's my favorite one at BB.

Edited by bigdaddyk

I'm still bummed that JF is closing this weekend :crymore: . Oh well, I guess it's off to Blue for half price and maybe Sno, Elk, or CB and BB on weekends. They could actually have all of the trails open, except for Edelweiss, with the lifts that will be running. As long as Mittl-weg is open for free skiing, I'll be happy...that's my favorite one at BB.

no, they could have edelweiss open too, just not the very top unless you want to hike a few feet

If they're not using all the other jibs, they should set up some of the better ones on Snowdrift towards the bottom where it meets into Boulder Park. Then they could even put a little quarterpipe/log stall thing right where that "banked turn" thing is with all the orange/yellow lolipop signs.

That disappointing on a lot of fronts. I thought they had plenty of snow at JF? And if there is such a base on BB your saying its going to melt away in the sun all week just to have it (partially) open on the weekends. I can accept pretty much all of it except that some trails will be closed when there will be enough snow left on them to ride late season. If you already have the lifts running, plow out the jumps on merry widow and open it as free ride open to ease up the crowding on boulder park, I sniff some camelback style coddling here.

I guess Ill be hiking freedom when i go saturday....

oh and, does anyone know what the setup is on it?

seems like they plan on using that side of the mountain for the snowmobile race, so unless you want to get run over by a snowmobile, i wouldnt reccomend that...

when i was up there yesterday it was dead...

JF has been getting a decent amount of people in the morning/ afternoon, for this time of year. I was at JF today and there were a few people there, which I was pleasantly surprised. More people go in the mornings at this time of the year...hence that's why a lot of places end night skiing. The more I thought of it, it wouldn't make sense to close JF and open BB in the mornings during the week. It probably would make more sense to close BB at night and just run JF during the day, during the week. I guess they just decided to ditch both of those options and run BB on weekends only. They told me that the hours would be the same on weekends, opening at 8am. So I'll be happy to get in my morning runs a few more times, after everybody else closes. I still think that once all of the other places close, BB could even do a decent business during the week.

That disappointing on a lot of fronts.

The fact that the season is coming to an end is disappointing :( .

seems like they plan on using that side of the mountain for the snowmobile race, so unless you want to get run over by a snowmobile, i wouldnt reccomend that...

i have snowmobile alot, i have a house up in the adirondaks. i was just wondering if its an open competition cuz ive been snowmobliling ever since i was 3 and im pretty good at it.

i have snowmobile alot, i have a house up in the adirondaks. i was just wondering if its an open competition cuz ive been snowmobliling ever since i was 3 and im pretty good at it.

http://www.rockmaple.com/pages/member.html

looks like you need to join rock maple and pay the race registration fee, as well as have your own sled

so does this mean they wont be open next week? i was hoping to get up tuesday and wednesday. the new schedule does not say anything about before the 31rst, except that theyll be open this weekend. what gives?

looks like BB will be open next week..regular hours

looks like BB will be open next week..regular hours

I don't think they are open during the week, between March 25th and 31st. I think it's only weekends after this weekend. I'd call first to be sure. The website isn't too clear on this, but for some reason I think that I heard that it was weekends only, after this week.

do they realize that they'd still get a crowd on weekdays if they kept up with the opening at 3pm every day?

They'd do even better by opening in the morning. I hope they realize this and at least give it a try, after everybody closes.

very disappointing.. but oh well it was good while it lasted.. im just hoping i can get footage next week

The thing that is making it really hard to take this year is that it is mid-winter conditions, right now. If the snow was brown, shitty, and bare, it wouldn't be quite as bad.....well maybe it would :banghead:banghead:banghead

Edited by bigdaddyk

yeah def keep us posted. if they are closed im going to have to head out to seven springs or southern vermont for a day trip, becasue i have a feeling that bear wont be open next week, and i swore off blue. maybe snotage will stay open though, who knows

Edited by collective addiction

haha you guys have no clue what big boulder park is going to be like....i guess u should just shut your little bitch mouths and wait to see what they r going to do. you relize the only terrian they will have open is park, and all the other snow from the other trails will b pushed to the other trails soo just wait and see what they do.

Yeah I agree, they have so much snow still that I know they are going to push it up into the park and build some of the sickest features of the year. I wouldn't be complaining until you see what they actually have in store for us.

..you relize the only terrian they will have open is park..

Mittl-weg isn't park and that will be open.

haha you guys have no clue what big boulder park is going to be like....i guess u should just shut your little bitch mouths and wait to see what they r going to do. you relize the only terrian they will have open is park, and all the other snow from the other trails will b pushed to the other trails soo just wait and see what they do.

Wow, where did that come from?

Yeah I agree, they have so much snow still that I know they are going to push it up into the park and build some of the sickest features of the year. I wouldn't be complaining until you see what they actually have in store for us.

They don't need to push snow off of any other trails to do that...boulder park already has enough. Plus it's really hard to build anything when it gets warm out. Next week it looks like temps might drop down a little, which would help.

Edited by bigdaddyk