Hard to Argue with the Gear, Skidude....

Ski

There is this funny thing about atomics.... I don't quite get it. Jeff is all preaching that they are the best ski and only the strongest can ski them....

I was just riding up the lift with some OLD man (70ish) at stratton and he was saying how he needed to buy a new pair of Atomics...I asked him are you getting there new ones.. he said yes the GS 11s.

Also SkiMom liked the 11s...and I don't think she is one of the strongest people.

I guess atomics just makes queer lil skis, that some people love, and somepeople don't like

There is this funny thing about atomics.... I don't quite get it.  Jeff is all preaching that they are the best ski and only the strongest can ski them....

I was just riding up the lift with some OLD man (70ish) at stratton and he was saying how he needed to buy a new pair of Atomics...I asked him are you getting there new ones.. he said yes the GS 11s. 

Also SkiMom liked the 11s...and I don't think she is one of the strongest people.

I guess atomics just makes queer lil skis, that some people love, and somepeople don't like

i never said the strongest can only ski them. They are the best skis, and my next pair of stix will be GS:11s, to replace my GS:9s. :) Go :killyourself: skidude

All right...... let's parallel skis with cars, because that is the only thing Jeff is capable of thinking of <_< ....

Nordica - Italian. Cars: Fiat, Lancia

K2 - American(kind of) Cars: Ford, Chevy, Dodge

Rossignol, Solomon - French. Cars: Puegeot, Renault, Citroen..... WTF!!!!

Atomic, Fischer, Head - Austrian. Austrian cars????? Nothing I would drive :P

VOLKL - GERMAN. CARS: PORSCHE, BMW (yes BMW Jeff, BMW), MERCEDES, AUDI

Coincidence?????? :confused:confused:confused:nono :nono :nono

If car makers made skis, you may have a reasonable argument, but seeing how there is no connection, it makes no difference.

I just love seeing that my fischers that you like to pick on have more wins than volkls :)

hey now, I don't pick on them cause they're Fischers (well maybe i do) I pick on them cause of their length... :P

If car makers made skis, you may have a reasonable argument, but seeing how there is no connection, it makes no difference.

I just love seeing that my fischers that you like to pick on have more wins than volkls :)

Hmmm How do you know Volkl isn't owned by one of those compainies :P:P:P:P:P

And maybe I should try the fishers again...but until then I still say they are a :censored: up ski

Well Jeff when you start skiing faster then muah, I will start listening to you :P

Ski999 this is a real question for ya to find out (and tell me). How many of those guys are getting cash for skiing on Atomics (or any other brand)? I am not saying sponsered.. I am saying getting cold hard cash from atomic ?

Umm He probably is....Why did it take him so long to switch over to Atomics :confused ...Funny this was the first year he was offered that nice lump of 2 mil. And that tuning guy this year...That is another reason he probably switched.

That also is probably the reason he is doing better, if you have the best guy in the world getting your bases going as fast as they can possibly go, then you will be going a lot faster, no matter what you ski on.

As far as a car that is better than a BMW...I DON"T BELIEVE IT...THere is this kid Jeff, He swears by the BMW...<<Only car to own according to him :rofl

Umm He probably is....Why did it take him so long to switch over to Atomics :confused ...Funny this was the first year he was offered that nice lump of 2 mil. And that tuning guy this year...That is another reason he probably switched.

That also is probably the reason he is doing better, if you have the best guy in the world getting your bases going as fast as they can possibly go, then you will be going a lot faster, no matter what you ski on.

As far as a car that is better than a BMW...I DON"T BELIEVE IT...THere is this kid Jeff, He swears by the BMW...<<Only car to own according to him :rofl

If my dad would buy me a Ferrari or Lamborghini, I'd definatly take it, but I don't see that happening :no

ugg first off, Ferrari and Lamborghini are ugly cars, yes i know i just made like every guy on the planet cry. Second didn't we already come to the conclusion that it's the skiier not the ski... Thrid, don't bring bode into it, all he was put on eath to do is ski and be Sexy, not be used to defend one ski or another

I guess Atomic has more money to buy racers with.

Face it, the best ski FOR YOU might be made by any brand. Skiing what the top racers use when you are not a top racer is not going to MAKE you a top racer. In fact, since few of the racers, if any, are on PRODUCTION SKIS, then the average person has NO HOPE of skiing on Bode's skis.

And, um, how many brands has Bode skied in his career...like a new one every year or something? (I know of K2's, Fischers, Rossignol, and now Atomic...) Maybe his recent (too soon to say it'll be long-lived) success has more to do with maturing as an athelete than what he is skiing on.

And I bet if Atomic came to skidude and said we want to sponsor you, but you have to use our skis, then he'd be on Atomics......

Edited by sibhusky

Again, it's the skier, not the skis. But if you were a World Cup racer, wouldn't you tend to first look at a company that poured the most money into research and development, as well as being able to convert your requests into a new ski in the fastest time? Wouldn't you look for the most flexible ski brand that was willing to bust their asses to get you a new ski in 10 days that has more of something and less of something else?

Yes, they are all paid commensurate to their past and expected results. Some skiers, though, are more loyal than others to brands that have gotten them to the top.

'Dude, if Volkl starts giving you five pairs of skis right now for free, wouldn't you think twice about signing a deal with Rossi later on?

Off the shelf models fit different people in different ways. You've demoed more than most, so you know what's best for you. And my ex-racer and most of her team also chose Volkl.

If Atomic offered him the same as Rossi did, but he saw everyone that was on Atomics doing alot better then him, its a no brainer, definatly go with Atomics. As Ski999 said, his daughter and most of her team chose Volkls, that's probably why Skidude skis them too. Ski999 and I ski Atomics cause they are real man skis. :D

:jk

Ski999 and I ski Atomics cause they are real man skis.  :D

:jk

So that is why skimom likes the GS 11s...Right :confused:confused:confused:confused

Anyway...In ski racing mag, it had something on racing skis. Jeff you will NEVER get to ski on a pair of skis bode skis on...They don't even give you the sidecuts for them, that is how different they are. I will try and find the artical sometime and see if there is anything else interesting in it.

Anyway I would say Number one is the skier, number 2 is the waxing, number 3 is the ski.

So that is why skimom likes the GS 11s...Right :confused  :confused  :confused  :confused

Anyway...In ski racing mag, it had something on racing skis.  Jeff you will NEVER get to ski on a pair of skis bode skis on...They don't even give you the sidecuts for them, that is how different they are.  I will try and find the artical sometime and see if there is anything else interesting in it.

Anyway I would say Number one is the skier, number 2 is the waxing, number 3 is the ski.

I know I don't ski on Bode's skis. But its just like Ferrari and BMW. I don't drive BMW's F1 race car (or Bode's Skis), but technology and inovations from their race programs funnel down into production use (the skis I do ski on). Technology that was used to produce my high revving inline-6 in the M3 was derived from their racing program. It doesn't matter if I don't ski on the real thing, but when its tried and proven in a racing environment, it has a way of finding its way down into production use. :D