CLOSED!

xNick11

Nope.

Two of my friends went to go up got their boots on and started walking over to the slope and security came out of the little shed and said they just closed.

Were the conditions that bad, or was it a lack of crowds? Even if it is completely empty, I've always thought that you should stay open until advertised. I could imagine how somebody would feel who drove a really long distance :banghead . At least the made it to April 1st....that's better than what Montage was doing :rock .

Were the conditions that bad, or was it a lack of crowds? Even if it is completely empty, I've always thought that you should stay open until advertised. I could imagine how somebody would feel who drove a really long distance :banghead . At least the made it to April 1st....that's better than what Montage was doing :rock .
The slopes aren't bad.Its just the cross over paths that are bad.

Ha, I had to talk my way past a Yellow Jacket to get a run in...I just went over for a couple quick one's anyway, so it was no big deal. They closed for lack of people, not for any other reason. They had made so much snow on Smoke that they could have kept the connections open for a couple of more weekends. They tapped the upper headwall on Smoke for Saturday.

One thing you can really say about the new guns: they work.

One thing you can really say about the new owners: they get it.

My bud that drives one of the shuttles said something funny to us yesterday: "See you in November!"

The phone message said noon and at some point so did the website. If someone was heading up from Philly on a late spring day and didn't call or check the website that day---especially since "tentative, check ahead" was written everywhere---then I'd have to say tough shit to anyone that wasted a four hour drive.

Jeffy and Doug took offense to me giving Sno total props for turning on 193 snow guns four days before closing. Either that, or you guys were jealous that it wasn't something Booter did.

Imagine what you guys would have said if Blue Mountain had turned on EVERY snow gun right before closing? Tell me with a straight face you wouldn't have rubbed it in to Cbers...

You sure wouldn't have been calling it glue and saying how rotten it was going to be.

And the "Sno needs to do better next year" was a continuation. Exactly why do they need to do better next year? Call people in Philly when they change the closing time? Posting it and having it on the phone message isn't enough?

So here's the deal: I have officially banned Jeff and Doug from Sno Mountain. You guys can come up to Sno Cove once, but Doug's not allowed in the pools (he knows why). Don't complain and don't try and talk me out of it, or I'll make it a lifetime ban.

A water park would bring in a lot of business.

If yo didn't know there use to be an amusement park right down the road that was called Rockey Glenn amusement park,it shut down years ago and right now its a ghost town.My mom use to work there and she said there use to be a ton of customers.

I don't see why people won't come to Sno for a water park.The only other water park I know of in Pennsylvania is Camel beach.

A water park would bring in a lot of business.

If yo didn't know there use to be an amusement park right down the road that was called Rockey Glenn amusement park,it shut down years ago and right now its a ghost town.My mom use to work there and she said there use to be a ton of customers.

I don't see why people won't come to Sno for a water park.The only other water park I know of in Pennsylvania is Camel beach.

There are a few around here. Camelbeach, Shawnee has one, Dorney Park/Wildwater kingdom (gets most of the philly traffic). And theres Great Wolf.

I think Sno could end up getting some of CB's traffic from NY, especially if they had cheaper tickets (or group rates).

It doesn't sound like CB is worried about losing money to it, as they are projecting a very busy summer season.

There are a few around here. Camelbeach, Shawnee has one, Dorney Park/Wildwater kingdom (gets most of the philly traffic). And theres Great Wolf.

I think Sno could end up getting some of CB's traffic from NY, especially if they had cheaper tickets (or group rates).

It doesn't sound like CB is worried about losing money to it, as they are projecting a very busy summer season.

sounds like you are excited for camelbitch to open.... traitor! you used to threaten bans for talking about summer. I bet you got your swim trunks all picked out, don't ya!?

sounds like you are excited for camelbitch to open.... traitor! you used to threaten bans for talking about summer. I bet you got your swim trunks all picked out, don't ya!?

I was actully responding to XNick's post. Hence the Quote I used. Just like now I'm responding to your post (again, see the quote I used).

Actully I have my skis all picked out for my trip tomorrow, so shove that in your joint and don't choke while you smoke it :)

nobody wants to come to sno for waterparks.... it dosnt look like its worth it.

MC definitley has the best waterpark around here, hands down.

Ha, it's not even built and you've decided nobody wants to come? Funny.

Just curious, but what does MC have that Sno will not that will entice people to drive 70 miles instead of 10? I don't think Sno Cove is looking to get a bunch of people from Brooklyn---at least I hope not...and as far as I'm concerned, going to places like Sesame Place and Disney are something to suffer through because of the crowds. I'd rather go to a crappy carnival than wait two hours to on a 40 second ride, but a parent sometimes has to suck it up.

The great wolf probably won't get to many people at it in the summer.Correct me if im wrong,but thats an indoor waterpark,some people want to be outside in the sun having fun.

nobody wants to come to sno for waterparks.... it dosnt look like its worth it.

MC definitley has the best waterpark around here, hands down.

Are you kidding me? I'm already planning to hit up Sno Cove this summer. From West Philly.

Sno Cove looks like it'll be a pretty nice place. And how about ZipRider...everyone is gonna want to ride that.

www.snocove.com - check it out.

Ha, it's not even built and you've decided nobody wants to come? Funny.

Just curious, but what does MC have that Sno will not that will entice people to drive 70 miles instead of 10? I don't think Sno Cove is looking to get a bunch of people from Brooklyn---at least I hope not...and as far as I'm concerned, going to places like Sesame Place and Disney are something to suffer through because of the crowds. I'd rather go to a crappy carnival than wait two hours to on a 40 second ride, but a parent sometimes has to suck it up.

well, when i went to mountain creek last summer ON A SATURDAY, the lines got only as long as about 10 min. for rides like high anxiety and h20no. the other, less exhilirating rides had about a 5 minute line.

MC has a bunch of really unsafe rides that are fun....along with alot of really uniqe rides that you normally dont find, which would set it apart from places like sno cove and camelbeach. like the 23 foot cliff you can jump off of, or the slide next to the cliff that drops off like 15 feet. h20no is a 100 foot tall body slide, i think you hit like 45-50 miles an hour near the bottom. high anxiety is a 4 person tube, and it drops about 50 feet into a giant funnel and you go up and down the sides of the slide. Cannonball falls is 2 pitch black body slides that drop off 10 feet at the end into a pool. theres the tarzan swing that you well... that one is pretty self explanitory. thunder run is awesome, cant even explain it its so wierd.

I could go on and on, but i guess if sno cove is closer, go there. you can go wherever you want, but ill stick to the awesome rides at mountain creek :)

check out the rides..... Mountain creek attractions

Cool that it was only 10 minute lines for you...friends of our's spent most of their time in lines at MC. I guess it depends when you go. But I'm a surfer and don't really get into water parks. A big low pressure system that makes a turn just off the coast is my sorta water fun.