New Name

sibhusky

http://flatheadbeacon.com/articles/article...in_no_more/276/

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/articles/200...news/news02.txt

A new name for my home mountain. Can't say it's an improvement. I'd have preferred the Hellroaring name.

And the logo is strange for a ski area:

news01.jpg

Edited by sibhusky

Spoolshie..when did you ski The Big Mountain??? What was wrong with non-Hellroaring Basin terrain? When I moved to Montana..gasp..4.5 years ago..Whitefish MT was one of the places I considered moving to along with Jackson WY. But I ended up in Bozeman because it was a college town with more to do and cheap rents.

i guess it was a non-pow day... hellroaring had all the stashes.... and had awesomefanfuntastical terrain..... and cliffs small enough for me to learn on :)

IDK, Sib...Big Mountain always seemed like a hard name to get a grasp of. Like when we tell people we're headed to The Big Island of Hawaii, they then ask which island we're going to...

I guess I give it a thumbs up. It's logical, specific, and very year 'round oriented...just smelly.

i guess it was a non-pow day... hellroaring had all the stashes.... and had awesomefanfuntastical terrain..... and cliffs small enough for me to learn on :)

Let's see, did you do Whitey's and Good Med? Windowpane and Stumptown? Elkweed? Schmidt's Chute? Evan's Heaven? Granted, a number dump you onto the damn cat track of Russ's Strret, but still should have been lots of powder.

Socl well it looks like TP4 and Mark might take Amtrak to Montucky and hit up The Big Mountain..

They're coming here NOW? Got no snow!

Glad to see you posting on the board Sib. Hope you're doing fine.

PAX

Actually, I've been diagnosed with some nerve damage to my hand. Not good.

Socl well it looks like TP4 and Mark might take Amtrak to Montucky and hit up The Big Mountain..

I'm really trying to figure out if TP4 is on his way out here, NOW, in June, when the mountain is not open for skiing and Glacier Park doesn't have the Sun road open yet? Water is way too cold to swim in, snow not really gone from some of the higher hiking trails so there's mud and June is our rainiest month. Seems like bad planning! I guess there's always fishing....

no, i'm still here in good ole boring PA. Mark kind of just invited himself (and me) out to your place. We want to take Amtrak out to Montana in the winter. Unfortunately Mark doesnt know that Amtrak goes nowhere near none of the mtns.

Yeah, there's a whole lot of nothing between Chicago and here. I'd fly. Cheaper, a lot cheaper, and quicker. I think once you get to Glacier it's fine, but before that it's dust and cornfields.

I hope to hell I'll be skiing with you. Just expect me to ski a LOT slower than in the past. I've lost three months of my life so far and it sucks.

Edited by sibhusky

• 2 weeks later...
TP4 is 18 and a responsible adult..He loves Korn and chain-smoking..and once Siblet meets him..he could be your future son-in law..lol

Not if he's a smoker. Also, she's 20 now and done robbing cradles.

20 huh..maybe she needs an older guy like me..I don't smoke..cough cough..cigarettes.. :naughty

Sucking around for a blast of friendly fire Steeze???

How's your marksmanship Sib?

PAX

I'm 20 and a non smoker........ :naughty

I can't tell if you've got a sixpack or not, but I know that is a requirement. She likes her men super fit, smart, hard workers, and not "ass87686"s. Also, no drugs. She's now "single" on "facebook" and is getting lots of attention from a couple guys who apparently were checking that status regularly. I expect that status to change again before October. :lol:

I can't tell if you've got a sixpack or not, but I know that is a requirement. She likes her men super fit, smart, hard workers, and not "ass87686"s. Also, no drugs. She's now "single" on "facebook" and is getting lots of attention from a couple guys who apparently were checking that status regularly. I expect that status to change again before October. :lol:

Holy crap, Sib, you have a 20 yr old? I can't imagine what that must be like...oh, wait...was yesterday July 10th?

BTW, Schif is just about the only guy on here that I'd trust with a 20 yr old daughter. TP4 is a nice kid, but waaay too shady with those lap dancers.