new skis

joeskier

Congrats Joe! I'll bet you'll be pleased. I gather that you resolved the concerns about the bindings. Did you just take your boots in and let the techs set everything up for you?

Come'on - let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! I want to go look for Joe on those blue trackers. If I see anyone six foot three, anywhere, skiing on a pair of SX7s, I'm yelling "Hey Joe!"

VolklYokel

Congrats Joe! I'll bet you'll be pleased. I gather that you resolved the concerns about the bindings. Did you just take your boots in and let the techs set everything up for you?

Come'on - let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! I want to go look for Joe on those blue trackers. If I see anyone six foot three, anywhere, skiing on a pair of SX7s, I'm yelling "Hey Joe!"

VolklYokel

LOL,

yeah. actually i saw these skis at a store and couldn't afford their price so i found them online with the 310 Device Binding and i have to wait about a week to get them. after that i will take them to friend at my local ski shop and have them set everything for me. so it will be timed about right. i should have them ready to go for the first time i can make it out on the mountain.

And VolklYokel you have no idea which PA mountain i frequent so even if you find me i won't hear you because i'll be flying past you so fast!!! :nana HAHAH jk!!!

and thanks again for all the suggestions.

Skis are all about personal preference, you should always demo skis before hand.  I on the other hand, did not, but guess what? I absoloutly love my skis.  From recommondations by skidude and Ski999, and from Ski Magezine, i bought my skis, and they're just amazing.  They are some of the best PA skis in my mind.  :D

why do you race?

why do you race?

Actually, I interpreted this question differently than the rest of you. Atomic had said he took the advice of skidude and ski999 when he bought his skis. Therefore, as I understood it, bcboy wanted to know why he was getting advice from racer-types, he was asking if Atomic was a racer.

If he had used a question mark where he should have ("Why? Do you race?") it might have been clearer. By leaving out the question mark and making it all one sentence, it sounded like he was asking the reason for Atomic liking to race.

At least I think that is what is happening here.

Edited by sibhusky

Actually, I interpreted this question differently than the rest of you.  Atomic had said he took the advice of skidude and ski999 when he bought his skis.  Therefore, as I understood it, bcboy wanted to know why he was getting advice from racer-types, he was asking if Atomic was a racer. 

If he had used a question mark where he should have ("Why?  Do you race?") it might have been clearer.  By leaving out the question mark and making it all one sentence, it sounded like he was asking the reason for Atomic liking to race. 

Sib with grammer 101 :lol:

Actually, I interpreted this question differently than the rest of you.  Atomic had said he took the advice of skidude and ski999 when he bought his skis.  Therefore, as I understood it, bcboy wanted to know why he was getting advice from racer-types, he was asking if Atomic was a racer. 

If he had used a question mark where he should have ("Why?  Do you race?") it might have been clearer.  By leaving out the question mark and making it all one sentence, it sounded like he was asking the reason for Atomic liking to race. 

ahh ok, a comma would've helped too :D

But no i don't race, but after christmas, i will be getting some GS:11s :D

There will be plenty of guys racing on 9.20's. And, yeah, you should try to make it back. Dual GS is awesome; it completely freaks you out to have someone making the same turns right next to you. You can, of course, let the other guy go ahead of you since you are racing against the clock and not him, but it's cooler to go off at the same time.

There will be plenty of guys racing on 9.20's. And, yeah, you should try to make it back. Dual GS is awesome; it completely freaks you out to have someone making the same turns right next to you. You can, of course, let the other guy go ahead of you since you are racing against the clock and not him, but it's cooler to go off at the same time.

i have 9.21s, but i don't want to be one of those guys :D:rofl

hey atomic or anyone,

now that i have a day off i'm taking my skis and bindings to get mounted and set. can i take them to any ski shop or do i have to go to one that specializes in atomics. the loft would be closet for me but i'm not sure if the can do that. but i'll go where i have to. i want to get out on the snow sometime tomorrow.

hey atomic or anyone,

now that i have a day off i'm taking my skis and bindings to get mounted and set.  can i take them to any ski shop or do i have to go to one that specializes in atomics.  the loft would be closet for me but i'm not sure if the can do that. but i'll go where i have to.  i want to get out on the snow sometime tomorrow.

do you have atomic bindings? Cause if you do, they're so simple to do yourself, if you have the guts to do it (i do), it doesn't involve any drilling, the guts you need are the ones to trust yourself to set your DIN right...haha :D

Any shop can mount em

Edit:

And unless you have fooled around with this stuff, I would recomend letting a shop do it for you.

yes they are atomice bindings

and yeah thats my problem i have no experience with bindings. i know they don't have to be drilled, i'd just rather have it done by a professional.

From what i've heard the loft usualy takes about a week to do ski tune up this time of year.  I don't think it would take as long to just get them mounted but you might want to check.  If it would take a while there's another ski shop nextdoor and one down the street.

its all good. i droped them off today and picking them up tomorrow. the loft said they have been slow as hell. ski season really hasn't started yet. who wants to ski on two trails? it will def pick up this weekend i think.

Haha before camelback opened they were really busy. I was talking to Mark, who said he was talking to some of the guys down there....One of them said he tuned 54 pairs of skis that day :o

But that rush is probably over now, and now they will get another rush after people open there new xmas toys.