what will be the new signal for "winter is here"?

rgrwilco

I remember watching those videos. The UVM crew charged hard. I think they all moved out there last season, but how many of them actually stayed for this season to?

As far as a big trip. It's hard to organize something like that. I'd be all for it, but getting a set week in is hard between people in school and peoples jobs.

It's funny that you say the EC'ers just explode when they get out there because a local i talked to in one of the Shops in teton village said the same thing.

I don't know how many stayed but I still think people visit places like Jackson and then just move there. I know one is still in Teton village.

I think our motivation is just totally different, you feel like I have to give 200% because this is going to end soon and I don't want to go home without having done some stuff. I remember when I moved out to UT I had to keep telling myself to slow down or I was going to kill myself in a week.

I don't know about the specifics of a trip I was just saying maybe a get together would be cool, the Knob would be awsome if it was the right day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm putting my $0.02 on Mount Snow this year.

Killington did confirm they were not opening until Nov 17th at the earliest. Worse they said they would close on April 15th. The last 5 years they closed on May 6, May 1, May 15, May 12. May 26. For opening it was Nov 23, Oct 29, Nov 9, Nov 10, Nov 6. They basically took their last season and cut it 2 weeks shorter, and that was already the shortest season in the last 5 years.

Oh yea they also canceled all lifetime season passes. Fuck those guys I'm not going to K-mart this year.

im putting my money on sugarloaf this year. theres no way mt snow can open before them, lower elevation and latitude.

and yes killington is lame this year. ive only ever went there for early/late season or unless there was a really good reason to. a ton of resorts are going to stay open much longer than killington this year.

• 2 weeks later...
Killy already announced there not opening until a certain date. So i'd bet they are out already. Im going with Sugarloaf to probably open first.

And what date is that? PSSC is having a trip the first weekend of December. If thats going to be the first weekend for them I might skip the trip and put the money towards one over winter break.

And what date is that? PSSC is having a trip the first weekend of December. If thats going to be the first weekend for them I might skip the trip and put the money towards one over winter break.

Im not sure on the exact date, i read it alittle while ago, but it was towards the end of november.

killingtons season now consists of set dates due to pwdr owning the place. november 15th-april 15th i believe. give or take a few days on each date.

Thats doable for me. Its just hard to justify me spending a ton of money and close to 20 hours on a bus for a few icy ribbons of death. I guess I'm just a little scared after last year when they closed a day on us.

if we keep up the weather we have been having i don't think that anyone will win that bet anyways haha i hate global warming

Winter is coming don't worry. Im not ready for it yet anyway. Gotta heal up, still get more gear and there are still trails to be ridden.

if we keep up the weather we have been having i don't think that anyone will win that bet anyways haha i hate global warming

last october was colder, and look at how the season started. weather is a strange thing young lad.

but the lack of arctice ice in the oceans this year isnt going to make the the cold come any sooner.

He said 20 hours, so that'd be round trip. 10 each way.

And i didn't edit Dan's post. I meant to click quote, but hit edit and just started typing and didn't realize i was editing his shit :banghead