Season Passes / Improvements for 07/08

sjb269

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SnoMtnRails042.jpg

im not one to make big claims about a mountain i know little about. but it seems to me like sno is going to steal the hype from boulder...only with a legitimate atmosphere and the staff there is already friendly as hell.

is that a bowl a-la ehco park? big things

im not really feelin that a frame though

Edited by DanSobey

Channel 16 just did a quick report on Sno...Carlson said that one of the reasons for the Sno Cove delay was that the main contractor had a heart attack. Then he said that it might be a good thing, since it allowed them time to send work out for new bids. As for winter, they are building a new deck off the lodge---it looks like it's outside the restaurant. The upgrade that matters, though, is that "the lifts will all be overhauled".

So, we'll have snow sooner and more of it. Lifts will run a little faster. The park rats have lots of new toys. Seems like an okay plan.

Channel 16 just did a quick report on Sno...Carlson said that one of the reasons for the Sno Cove delay was that the main contractor had a heart attack. Then he said that it might be a good thing, since it allowed them time to send work out for new bids. As for winter, they are building a new deck off the lodge---it looks like it's outside the restaurant. The upgrade that matters, though, is that "the lifts will all be overhauled".

So, we'll have snow sooner and more of it. Lifts will run a little faster. The park rats have lots of new toys. Seems like an okay plan.

That's great news about overhauling the lifts!

Any news on upgrading the lighting?

Those fan guns really put out the best quality man-made snow. If the lighting gets upgraded, I'll definetely be skiing there more nights this season.

That's great news about overhauling the lifts!

Any news on upgrading the lighting?

Those fan guns really put out the best quality man-made snow. If the lighting gets upgraded, I'll definetely be skiing there more nights this season.

No. no mention. Mr. Carlson was pretty bummed in the mini-interview and not chatty about the upgrades.

Im sure he will upgrade the lighting. When I first talked to him when the small park opened, the first thing he asked me was hows the lighting out there. I told him it wasn't bad but it can be better. Hopefully he takes my advice and puts some halogen bulbs in.

• 2 weeks later...
Its time to think about the next ski season... I was wondering if sno mtn ever got around to making any ski improvements over the summer, such as new lighting or high speed lift? I am trying to decide weather to buy a pass here again or jf/bb... Also, is there any type of early season pass discounts for those who had a pass last year (returning customers)?

Any input would be awesome!

I learned to ride at Sno last season ('07) ... Decided to throw down the $359 for a Weekend/Evening pass ... I hope we have an early, and long season.

So much for the "warm and friendly" welcome ...

Well, so far nobody has said they've seen you on To Catch a Predator or that you hang out in men's room trolling for, eh, whatever that Senator was doing.

So consider yourself 'warm and friendly' welcomed!

Oh, and welcome to PASR!

• 3 weeks later...
SnoMtnRails042.jpg

im not one to make big claims about a mountain i know little about. but it seems to me like sno is going to steal the hype from boulder...only with a legitimate atmosphere and the staff there is already friendly as hell.

is that a bowl a-la ehco park? big things

im not really feelin that a frame though

I'm not trying to start anything, but really, it must be nice to have owners, or whoever, that have no problem shelling out thousands, even millions of dollars on whatever they want like its pocket change... I wish i had that kind of pocket change... actually I'm damn sure we all do

And having that money to just buy what they want is a problem for boulder, i agree on that. And i didn't get to sno this past season so i don't know what the atmosphere is like

Nick, Sean and others have a better idea than me, but I don't think Sno really has a particular atmosphere right now. It's just been sitting here mostly empty with the same small group of regulars that are friendly to friendly people and quick to diss the jerkwads. Not sure the kids really thought about it, but we were just glad each December that they didn't shut down.

As long as Sno doesn't try to make season passholders verify their passes each day, or other ignorant stuff like that, only good things are ahead for the mountain.