new trail update

skier89

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't booked my trip yet..I just might book it so it overlaps your trip so I can ski with my favorite Barking Bear...lol..

If you are going to be there 13-20, please let me know. I would be happy to introduce you to good beer and rip around the mountain with you. It would be fun!

Hey what are you skiing on out there? I am planning on bringing out my IM78's and Fischer Watea94's. Pray for Pow..

Edited by Finndog

I'm bringing my Rossi Scratch BCs(88mm waist) and some sort of ice coast carver..maybe my old Elan S12s or something I pick up before the trip. My buddy Tom will be coming down for part of my trip from Bozeman and he's a real gear head. He'll bring Seth Pistls, Public Enemies, Rossi Scratch fatz(wider than mine), and whatever he wants from from the shop he moonlights at. This will be my 5th trip to Jackson Hole..Two years ago there was a ton of powder and last year not so much..

Sounds good, that's a good plan. Lets pray for massive dumpages! :)

yeah, Steamboat is supposed to get a little as well. It's pretty dry up there so far. My friend up there says not to panic yet, they typically start to get real snow towards the end of November. Since the holiday is early this year, they are sweating it a little since most of the snow should start around that time or a little later. We are there 15-27th so I am pretty confident we'll be there for a couple of dumps......

Is there any chance Blue will open the new trail if there is enough snow fall to cover it? Or, would they possibly move snow from other parts of the mountain like they did in the beginning of last season when they moved the snow from Lazy Mile to the lodge area in order to stay open (I know that was a last ditch effort for them to stay open, but its always a possibility).

Yeah...if I had the opportunity to be skiing this weekend I'd be headed somewhere with more than 20' of vert and a 3" base. Unless of course I was stuck in PA and could only get to the grassy snowcone that boulder is gonna have this weekend

that pretty funny, a grassy snowcone

i don't think the new trail will be open for the first runs of the season but when they work their way over i think it'll be open, it's all cut and ready to go they just have to blow
With snowmaking? the pics that were on the mountain`s website didnt show any snowmaking on that slope.

NO SNOWMAKING!

http://www.skibluemt.com/PhotoGallery

My original question was asking if they might open the trail if enough snow fell onto it naturally.

Edited by stever2003