new trail update

skier89

New trail looks sick. Steepness directly into a hard bend left. Thats my kind of trail. I think blue mountain is content to move slowly and methodically as they have a fairly successful business right now, and don't need to gamble with large expenses all at once to gain/maintain their customers. Sno on the other hand needs to grow it's customer base seriously, and they need to move quickly to start turning serious profits, or the will need to sell. Everyone already knows what blue is doing, but Sno needs to make a big statement.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got somewhat of an update at the instructor's meeting yesterday.

Now that Ray Tuthill has passed away, his daughter Barbara is overseeing things at Blue. Where Ray had a little more of a shoot from the hip, no budget, type personality, Barbara is a bit more structured. It sounds like she wants to run everything with a little more of a budget, and have a little more oversight over where money is going and how it is being spent. Each has its pros and cons, but it seems like it will be run a little more like a business now. So keep this in mind from now on when thinking about what they are doing up at Blue.

As for the trail, the estimate to install lights and snowmaking was $1.2 million. With Ray passing away and his daughter settling in, it was decided that it could wait till next season while they take care of some other things, namely some of the Ski School things.

Ray was a great owner and definitely will be missed by a lot of folks. However, we all know the future of the ski industry in more temperate areas looks a little bleak, and it probably won't hurt to have someone at the helm who is a little more aware and conservative financially.

This is just the picture I got, I could be right on, or I could be sooooo far out in left field that I'm outa the park. If anyone has an credible info then by all means please chime in.

Edited by T*Maki

It looks like deadly steeps to me too I'm shitting my pants right now. If they don't want to put up lights and snowmaking, would it still be possible after snow or did they not connect it at the top? Just open it without lights during the day, and close it at night. I bet since the grass is short there will be at least some time in the year it will be usable.

It looks like deadly steeps to me too I'm shitting my pants right now. If they don't want to put up lights and snowmaking, would it still be possible after snow or did they not connect it at the top? Just open it without lights during the day, and close it at night. I bet since the grass is short there will be at least some time in the year it will be usable.

... and poached.

I had to laugh guys, Deadly steep? A Pocono, east coast blue is deadly steep???????????????? You better not ski out west, You know Razors Edge is at best a steep blue, Right? Please tell me you are joking? Hey less than 1 month to go. December 1&2, Skiing Holiday vallley to warm up the legs.....

I had to laugh guys, Deadly steep? A Pocono, east coast blue is deadly steep???????????????? You better not ski out west, You know Razors Edge is at best a steep blue, Right? Please tell me you are joking? Hey less than 1 month to go. December 1&2, Skiing Holiday vallley to warm up the legs.....

I'll be skiing this weekend :nana

I'll be skiing this weekend :nana

abasin, L-land or breck? have a great time. the conditions there are better now than blue on its best day so get som equality turns in on some real runs and vert.

He why not come out to the Boat december 15-20th? we have about 6-8 guys going.

Edited by Finndog

abasin, L-land or breck? have a great time. the conditions there are better now than blue on its best day so get som equality turns in on some real runs and vert.

He why not come out to the Boat december 15-20th? we have about 6-8 guys going.

I've got exams during that time. I'll be in JH 2nd week of January...

As for this weekend, think east coast :yes

SKIING, not sliding.

Yeah...if I had the opportunity to be skiing this weekend I'd be headed somewhere with more than 20' of vert and a 3" base. Unless of course I was stuck in PA and could only get to the grassy snowcone that boulder is gonna have this weekend