Peak Resorts speaks with Alpine Zone

the vibe im getting from peak resorts is- peak cares about skiiers and riders, and knows what they are doing and how to be cost effective.

I thought it was pretty cool how he mentioned a few times that Peak Resorts is in the business of running ski areas and not the real estate business and that snowmaking is their priority. (Hopefully high speed lifts at JF will be as well ;);) )

Hell yeah...IS the east mountain side where the full 600 vert is?

According to google Earth - East Mt. is about 75 feet (approx) higher than the west side of the mt. The elevation is also lowest by the East Mt. lift at the bottom as well. So I would say yup, East Mt. gets you the full vert.

Some pretty interestindg stuff. Mostly Mt. Snow related although there is one JFBB mention at the end. Some info regarding the use of fan guns as well.

http://skiing.alpinezone.com/articles/chal...ort=peakresorts

Tim did a great job with the challenge. I haven't seen this much optimism around Mount Snow in some time. Should be a great season!

forget it. tim's a dumbass

Posts like this are precisely why it's so difficult to get industry insiders participating on forums like this. Over on AZ we've got a number of industry reps actively participating, from lifties to resort owners. The reason is because we try to show a little bit of respect and civility.

Posts like this are precisely why it's so difficult to get industry insiders participating on forums like this. Over on AZ we've got a number of industry reps actively participating, from lifties to resort owners. The reason is because we try to show a little bit of respect and civility.

you should check out the stuff people were saying to BC mark last season on here after they were forced to close becuase of the wondeful weather, and he still posts here.

you should check out the stuff people were saying to BC mark last season on here after they were forced to close becuase of the wondeful weather, and he still posts here.

I can only imagine. Some have thicker skins than others. I guess the point is that most industry people that post to provide accurate info do so as a courtesy, and if they start getting a lot of static for things out of their control, they may decide it's not worth their time.

Not always true... Look at TGR for example. Plenty of ski industry related people on that forum, and there is basically no moderation.

stuffy fluffy! the ultimate troller. yay, it was getting boring in here.

Papa, be definition a troller is one who posts outrageous messages in order to bait others to answer and/or one who delights in sowing discord on a forum. Seems to me that DanSobey would fit that desscription. Claiming that Mr. Boyd is a "dumbass" is without a doubt ridiculous. I think it is safe to say that not one single person who posts on this board is as knowledgable in the ski industry as Mr. Boyd. If my defending him against a claim of "dumbass" makes me a troll, then so be it.

Papa, be definition a troller is one who posts outrageous messages in order to bait others to answer and/or one who delights in sowing discord on a forum. Seems to me that DanSobey would fit that desscription. Claiming that Mr. Boyd is a "dumbass" is without a doubt ridiculous. I think it is safe to say that not one single person who posts on this board is as knowledgable in the ski industry as Mr. Boyd. If my defending him against a claim of "dumbass" makes me a troll, then so be it.

oh wow....... uh I think DanSobe is entitled to bad mouth since apparently he had some direct interaction with Mr Boyd. Do you know DanSobe? I do. I also know of Mr Boyd and what he is doing with Peak resorts which is fantastic, that doesn't mean he wasn't an ass or whatever he called him.

Fair enough?