Crested Butte ski free

phillycore

Ok by now everyone's seen the crested butte ski free from Nov 25th until December 15th offer...

I'm trying to figure out the best (and cheapest!!) way to get out there and take full advantage of it...

I'm thinking it may be a huge score if the weather takes a crap on us like it did last year..

Anyone else looking into heading out there?? If so what hotels have good deals, what airlines, etc.. have you found??

Maybe we could get a group of PASR's all headed out there??

I don't have a ton of money or anything, but this trip might actually be doable for me with the free lift tix, and some good planning..

I got this on travel zoo -->

http://vacations.travelzoo.com/golf-ski-vacations/330898

and found the usual stuff on skicb.com

Wouldn't that take forever to get there though?? I'm all about saving some ca$hola, but I don't want to burn all my vacation time at work just on travel time either... For that matter I'd load up the eclipse and hit the highway.. I was thinking more along the lines of leaving on a wed and coming back on sunday.. ski thurs-satWouldn't that take forever to get there though?? I'm all about saving some ca$hola, but I don't want to burn all my vacation time at work just on travel time either... For that matter I'd load up the eclipse and hit the highway.. I was thinking more along the lines of leaving on a wed and coming back on sunday.. ski thurs-sat That would give me two days skiing during the uncrowded weekdays and one weekend day and only making me take 3 days vaca time... or something like thatI guess everyones schedule is different too....and everyone's priorities are different as well weather it be saving days, or saving cash, (driving vs flying, vs train, bus, whatever...)

just for shits I put it in amtrak and it's mad long and more expenive than flying....lmao

just drive. sleep in your car on the way out there. bring a cooler full of food. sleep in your car while youre there. sleep in your car on the way back.
I ain't that cheap now...

Lift tickets are probably the cheapest thing in terms of a ski trip (lodging, airfare, etc). It is for Dan and I at least. You're better of going later in the season when there is 2x as much snow, and full terrain open then trying to save two hundred for a week of lift tickets. Crested Butte is a good hike from Denver if you wanted to make it as cheap as possible, but to fly to Crested from Denver is hella expensive. I drove from Denver to Telluride which is farther then Butte, but my friend lives out there and has a car, so we didnt have to pay for a rental car or anything.

yeah I'm seeing that..... 4 hour drive from denver...

I can make an early season trip out to heavenly and fly into reno for cheaper including the lift tickets....

DANG!!! that bites...

I'm just looking to make an affordable trip this year and thought that would've worked... didn't realize the airfare was going to be that high...

Same reason why I haven't been out to whistler yet, airfare to vancouver is hella $$

yeah I'm seeing that..... 4 hour drive from denver...

I can make an early season trip out to heavenly and fly into reno for cheaper including the lift tickets....

DANG!!! that bites...

I'm just looking to make an affordable trip this year and thought that would've worked... didn't realize the airfare was going to be that high...

Same reason why I haven't been out to whistler yet, airfare to vancouver is hella $$

knuckled and i are are paying $1250 for 7 nights and 5 ski days at jackson hole, slopeside...pretty reasonable

Thats why you fly to Seattle! Last week my buddies just found $150 roundtrip tickets from Philly to Seattle the first week of January on Expedia.

Rent a car at a weekly rate, I think mine was somewhere around $250 including the underage fee and they bumped me to an SUV for free at Enterprise. We split the rental car between six guys which made it something like $90 for the week including gas. We found a decently affordable room in Whistler and bought a four day pass. I think all said and done we did six days out west for $600. Those who got injured spent more, but still had fun. Granted prices for hotel and lift tix in Whistler are a little more in January, there are ways to do it cheap.

southwest has fares to reno,nv (Tahoe) for $99 each way if booked by Oct. 15 and travel through March 7th so I'm looking into deals out there now...

I'm saving my return trip to JH for next season when the new tram is into effect...

Utah, Tahoe, Whistler, Montana, Taos, etc.. are all places I haven't been which makes me want to go there even more although I would return to JH, Vail, Keystone in a milla-second.

Breck was a little disappointing compared to the others I've been to out west..

knuckled and i are are paying $1250 for 7 nights and 5 ski days at jackson hole, slopeside...pretty reasonable

I think we paid just over $500 each total for our JH trip but that was in April of 06, we stayed at snow king, rented a car, and bought JH lift ticket coupons off of ebay for 1/2 price lift tix... as well as G Targhee lift tickets and bus transfer as well off of ebay... smallest airport I've ever been to in my life....lol

United and American airlines are offering a kids fly free program to several resorts out west. Travel has to be between Jan 4-Feb 15 mid week and I think they black out MLK weekend. Crested Butte is included in that and so is Steamboat , Whistler (vancouver) and a few others. You can save roughly $500 per child's ticket alone to fly into Vancouver. If you type in kids fly free to ski to a search engine you will find some stuff on it. That would save you a lot more than a few free lift tickets. Steamboat also has a kids ski free but the catch is the parents have to buy 5 consecutive day lift tickets to qualify.