BC Rail Jam

Tyler

Does anyone know anything about the railjam after the movie premier on sunday, dec. 2? Is it a competion? It would be awesome if it wasn't, and was like the meltdown jibfest they had last year. Anyway I think i will be there, should be fun.

Edited by Oakley21

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so marginal for snow making the couple of days before that there is no way they can predict what is going to happen.. lay off them, they will announce as soon as they know WHAT they can do.

regardless of the marginal temperatures, they should still let people know what is going on. whether it's them telling us that they are wating for the weather to cooperate or something else. they shouldn't just let us hang here waiting until the last minute to find out what is going on.

It's so marginal for snow making the couple of days before that there is no way they can predict what is going to happen.. lay off them, they will announce as soon as they know WHAT they can do.

Its not like they don't already have a plan....its been on the calendar for awhile now so they have to have a general idea of what their trying to do. Thats all we were asking about so no need to get so bitchy over it...its not like we were asking you.

12/2/2007 - Ski and Snowboard Movie premieres and Rail Jam (weather permitting)

2-7pm Rail Jam first then Snowboard Movie Premier from First Tracks Productions and Ski Movie Premiere from Level 1 Productions. Movie Premiers $7 admission, $10 Rail Jam rider fee. $15 for both Rail Jam and Movies. *Rail Jam is weather permiting at Bear Creek's Discretion

So here's the info I found under the event on their calendar, I didn't see any of this before today so hopefully that's a good sign.

Also if we have a season pass is the $10 rider fee still applicable or what?

Hi everyone,

We're hoping to continue snowmaking tomorrow night. The forecast looks promising and there is a possibility we could open mid to late next week. If we blow enough snow before Sunday, the Rail Jam will take place as scheduled. I believe Jake, our Special Events Manager, will be making that call on Friday. The details of this event, as well as the other events taking place this weekend, are below. If you have any questions you can contact him directly at 610-682-7100 x315 or email him at jakeh@skibearcreek.com.

Thanks and think cold!

Mary

Join us on December 1 and 2 for a winter celebration at Bear Creek! Events include a bonfire and concert in the lodge on Saturday and a Rail Jam and two movie premiers on Sunday!

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1 EVENTS

Enjoy a live concert in the lodge by FroghollerDoors open at 7:30pm and the concert will take place from 8-11pm. During this time, we'll also have a bonfire in the base area. The concert will have a $7 cover charge. It is open to all ages, but guests must be 21 with valid ID to drink alcoholic beverages. The bonfire is weather permitting and may not take place if we are blowing snow.

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 2 EVENTS

Don't miss our pre-season Rail Jam from 2-4:30pm featuring cash prizes! Afterwards, join us for two movie premiers from 5-7pm. The showing will be 'Hello, My Name is' by First Tracks Productions.The second movie will be 'Real Time' by Level 1 Productions. There will be a $10 registration fee for the Rail Jam and a $7 entry fee for the movies. A combination ticket is available for $15. Registration for the Rail Jam begins at 1:30pm.

Edited by Bear Creek PR