BC Rail Jam

Tyler

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I was a little harsh, but I just gotta hate on people who don't back stuff up. Don't say/claim a bunch of stuff and then give up when people call you out on it. If you want to take a stance on an issue, then be prepared to defend it, don't just puss out when stuff hits the fan. Besides, it makes my night more interesting if you don't... I'm not a kid or a ski dad, but I do enjoy a good conversation now and then, even if the words used make it sound like an argument.

BTW, what position ARE you coming from?

I was backing myself up from my original post, thats what the second post was about. I was gonna write another post backing myself up again, i had it all written out but then i realized....whats the point, i dont need to prove myself to a bunch of people ive never met before on an online message board...I have better things to do with my life. I could careless if you people think im being stupid, or ungrateful, or "folding when stuff hits the fan". I know some people will agree with me and obviosely a good deal will not but thats just the way it is. The reason i come on here is to find stuff out about the mountains and maybe have a chance to let andy or mark know what i think about how they could do better. I dont come on here to argue or hold conversations sorry man but im just not that lame. I have my opinions about things and thats just the way it is, take it or leave.

My point of view is from someone who has been all over the east coast and ridden all the parks and knows whats good, and yeah maybe my perspective is a little one sided but park IS a huge demographic in most ski areas around here so im pretty sure i have a basis for my point of view, but if you dont agree with that, then oh well.

I was backing myself up from my original post, thats what the second post was about. I was gonna write another post backing myself up again, i had it all written out but then i realized....whats the point, i dont need to prove myself to a bunch of people ive never met before on an online message board...I have better things to do with my life. I could careless if you people think im being stupid, or ungrateful, or "folding when stuff hits the fan". I know some people will agree with me and obviosely a good deal will not but thats just the way it is. The reason i come on here is to find stuff out about the mountains and maybe have a chance to let andy or mark know what i think about how they could do better. I dont come on here to argue or hold conversations sorry man but im just not that lame. I have my opinions about things and thats just the way it is, take it or leave.

My point of view is from someone who has been all over the east coast and ridden all the parks and knows whats good, and yeah maybe my perspective is a little one sided but park IS a huge demographic in most ski areas around here so im pretty sure i have a basis for my point of view, but if you dont agree with that, then oh well.

We all have our opinions about things and thats fine as long as you back them up. I'm mostly just playing devil's advocate with you because I also feel like I know a good amount about parks and resorts. Basically I feel that people who come onto public forums to openly flame do a disservice to whatever their argument (as well as park riders as a whole) is because it takes five positive comments to de-escalate a negative comment. Anyone who has worked in any type of customer service oriented industry will tell you that positive comments are often much harder to come by. This leads to a sentiment among management at some places along the lines of "when all we hear is negative feedback from people who whine, complain, and are in general just immature; why would we want to invest in that?" I've heard almost that exact thing directly from management at a couple local mountains. Yes, todays kids are tomorrows customers, but I think everyone would be surprised what a little more maturity would get us around here.

You can call me immature or lame for trying to make a point with you by going back and forth, but you keep coming back...

I hate to say it but, it was a pre-season rail jam no big thing six or so rails on some snow a week or two before bear opened nothing to really state that they are behind and aren't able to compete with the big guns; but whatever it's over and people have made some really good points in here.

All that shit aside bear's got one of the best parks I've ridden and like many of you I've been all over the east coast and some parts of canada, and with everything bear does through rider and customer input is right on and they've used it to the best of their advantage which means they will continue to compete and hold a very VERY close second if not even tied with boulder for park quality.

Also B.B. does contract out to MTN. Creek for park stuff which means if they continue this year as I believe they will STA will be doing the B.B. parks as well as MTN. Creek.

So who's hoping for an opening by the weekend?

That would certainly be nice, although with all this crappy weather I don't know. I was just in Mass @ Jiminy Peak, and only NOW did they start getting snow. So I really don't have a clue as to when we will seriously get a nice snow drop. Doesn't hurt to hope though.

BC's gonna keep making their own snow.