BC Rail Jam

Tyler

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it kinda sucks that there's no rail jam, but he's right about the weather. Right now its supposed to be wintry mix/freezing rain and all sorts of garbage on sunday. Those are not necessarily fun conditions for a pre season rail jam. I think we'd be better off waiting a few extra days for better conditions rather than ride a sketchy setup in poor weather...

Bear you messed up BIIIIGGGGGG time on this one. I can understand about cancelling the rail jam, but you didnt even put anyhting up on the website other then a little message in a link. Your gonna have alot of pissed off riders showing up for a rail jam and when they realize there isnt one...their gonna be even more pissed. This is not a great start to the new season. I myself as a LOYAL pass holder am very dissapointed in this mountain right now. I cant even imagine how frustrated the people who might not have passes are going to be. You may not realize this but there arent alot of people that come to bear to ride the "vert". You guys have a very big demographic in the park riders, most of who dont have alot of money and are going to be FURIOUS when they drive all the way there and find out there is no jam. You guys need to realize that this isnt 3 years ago, if you wanna compete with the big guns like Big boulder and mountain creek this year you need to step up your game, and this is NOT stepping up. That being said its nice to see you guys are blowing snow and i cant wait till BC opens, hopefully it will be a good year.......hopefully.

thats their fault for not checking the website or calling. thats like driving to school or classes without checking for delays/closings when it snows. its supposed to be pretty bad tomorrow and im sure they are aware of the storm..

Edited by A_B

You guys need to realize that this isnt 3 years ago, if you wanna compete with the big guns like Big boulder and mountain creek this year you need to step up your game, and this is NOT stepping up.

In that sentence not only are you wrong but you completely contradict yourself.

#1 - If Bear didn't realize this isn't three years ago, the park and most of the the rest of the mountain would still be in the stone age compared to what it is now.

#2 - Bear Creek IS what you call a "big gun". It's just that a few people can't seem to come to terms with the fact that if they want to get the best possible experience in the region they might have to drive an extra half hour or so to get it. Which in turn makes them upset that the closest mountain to them does not offer what Bear does.

#3 - Here is where you contradict yourself. Return to #1, read, and rethink what "stepping up game" is.

Are you pissed that when you saw snow being blown and snow falling you got your hopes up? I am, but that's my fault for getting my hopes up. Bear has their reasons and they are reasonable and have clearly stated them.

And as far as rail jams go anything with the prefix "pre", as in PRE Season Rail Jam, consider yourself lucky if it happens at all. They tried to pull something together but it fell through. I for one was looking forward to be riding and hangin' with some sweet ass people. But it's really not that big of a deal at all. Pure logic indicates that Bear will be open shortly so I'm happy with that. This time last year it was rainy and disgusting out. However it turned out though rail jam or not right now I'm just glad to see some white stuff on the ground and still coming down.

OK OK maybe i was a little pissed off and went a little over board but im pretty sure that i did NOT contradict myself. Maybe not 3 but about 2 years ago it really wasnt that big deal to have an incredible park and bears was awesome and people knew it. These days if you havent realized theres a sort of "Park War" going on, especially right here around PA and NJ. Park riders, both skiers and snowboarders have become a HUUUUGGGGEEEE number of people at the mountains, so much so that they now outnumber the people just going on weekend trips etc., by a fairly decent amount. We now have all these mountains trying to beat the other in the park category. A great example of this is BB and MTN Creek. BB was stealing alot of business from creek just because of they way BB is run, their snow production, length of season, well alot of reasons actually. So what did mountain creek do, they built the "largest park on the east coast", expanded their snowmaking etc. etc. and for what? all to compete with BB who had what? A BETTER PARK. Bear has the potential to be just as good as BB, who now is the clear leader in the area, but they dont have the smarts. The one thing BB does is understand the riders. Im sure you have been up to BB recently skeer_thomas, and if you havent been then you really should. Its an EXPERIENCE! Its not just their park its their whole attitude towards things, they CARE about the rider, and you know what this brings???? MORE BUSINESS!!!! So that being said, i understand why they cancelled the rail jam but i still stick to my claim. Bear needs to realize that this isnt 3 or 2 or however many years ago and needs to start thinking about what they need to do to match the big guns like BB. and dont get me wrong everybody i LOVEEEEEE bear creek and would choose it over any other mountain and i just want to see them do as good as they possible so they can continue to grow and be a leader in this area.

Blue Mountain's park hahahah id rather ride mtn. creeks park on an icy night in january than blue's park on on of their best days. Don't get me wrong, blue's good for just free riding but lets face, they don't know what their doing with their park, esp. the rails.

i dont recall mentioning Blue or it's park. cool though. what i did say was that it sucks to go to Mt Creek because it gets so incredibly crowded from everybody in NYC

OK OK maybe i was a little pissed off and went a little over board but im pretty sure that i did NOT contradict myself. Maybe not 3 but about 2 years ago it really wasnt that big deal to have an incredible park and bears was awesome and people knew it. These days if you havent realized theres a sort of "Park War" going on, especially right here around PA and NJ. Park riders, both skiers and snowboarders have become a HUUUUGGGGEEEE number of people at the mountains, so much so that they now outnumber the people just going on weekend trips etc., by a fairly decent amount. We now have all these mountains trying to beat the other in the park category. A great example of this is BB and MTN Creek. BB was stealing alot of business from creek just because of they way BB is run, their snow production, length of season, well alot of reasons actually. So what did mountain creek do, they built the "largest park on the east coast", expanded their snowmaking etc. etc. and for what? all to compete with BB who had what? A BETTER PARK. Bear has the potential to be just as good as BB, who now is the clear leader in the area, but they dont have the smarts. The one thing BB does is understand the riders. Im sure you have been up to BB recently skeer_thomas, and if you havent been then you really should. Its an EXPERIENCE! Its not just their park its their whole attitude towards things, they CARE about the rider, and you know what this brings???? MORE BUSINESS!!!! So that being said, i understand why they cancelled the rail jam but i still stick to my claim. Bear needs to realize that this isnt 3 or 2 or however many years ago and needs to start thinking about what they need to do to match the big guns like BB. and dont get me wrong everybody i LOVEEEEEE bear creek and would choose it over any other mountain and i just want to see them do as good as they possible so they can continue to grow and be a leader in this area.

A lot of this is opinion that doesn't really substantiate your claim. For instance, your point about the park people vs. weekenders is totally off in the context you deliver it. Do you have numbers to back up the "fairly decent amount" of park riders outnumbering weekenders? I didn't think so... Maybe your perception is skewed because you spend the majority of your time in the park, so that is all you know... I can see how if all the people around you are of one type, then you might think that everyone there is of that same type.

I can understand if you've been to Bear Creek and haven't seen the restaurant, hotel, conference center, and spa. It's easy to miss. They are certainly building these things for the park riders, as they outnumber the weekenders who businesses should ignore because as you argue there isn't as much money to be made on them.

Instead of talking so much sh*t and polluting this thread with your nonsense arguments, perhaps you might send Bear Creek an e-mail that says something along the lines of "Hey I'm stoked to see you guys are doing the movie premiers this year. I was a little disappointed that the rail jam wasn't able to happen, but I hope you are able to do one next year. As long as it means you are focusing 100% of your efforts on opening then I'll gladly let it slide." Maybe even add something about how if they need any help you'd be glad to do it if it will make an early season railjam a greater possibility.

Why the f*ck can't we just go out and have fun anymore?

What the hell happened that made everyone so damned picky and elitist about where they ride and what they ride? Be happy that we can even ride in an area with 30 inches of natural snowfall a year.

Edited by Rowsdower

oh and I read Nick's post on the previous page......

WHAT THE HELL MAN????? BEAR HAS SPENT MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON THE MOUNTAIN AND THE PARK AND YOU'RE STILL NOT SATISFIED????????????

Isn't it enough that they're blowing snow at every possible oppurtunity to open with the rest of them? Blue is colder and they might still open ahead of the game. What more could you want here?

hahah oh man this is great. like honestly, when did BB become the king of all parks/mountains? Didnt they hier those people from mtn. creek (i forget the name, jib tech maybe?) and then fire them after they made all the rails. at least thats what i heard...but boulder is not even that big, and if bear had thier weather you can bet your ass they would be doing the exact same things as boulder. thats a BS claim that boulder CARES more about their rider, If you think that then your blind. Bear has had the biggest rider imput on new rails that i have ever seen. Andy takes suggestions from everyone and does an AMAZING job at managing the park. Not only do i think bear has the best park, its got the most inovative park as well. (i dont want to start a park war in this thread, but honestly, a cliff drop? 2 huge new stairsets, you can not say that the cliff wasnt original). But yeah, bear deffinatly doesnt want to please thier riders, i mean look at how they just gave away like thier entire tubing slope for park riders.. i just think your missing a lot of things, and you need to relize that bear doesnt have the weather that BB does, and that they are doing a TON to make bear and "EXPERIENCE".

As for your friends, they should have checked the website, i was up at 3 yesterday watching them blow an amazing amount of snow and saw it on their front page.

so anyway. lets all have an awesome season!!! hopefully we will be there this next week!!! :thumb:rock

I think families,hotel guests and first time/novice skiers and riders out number the park riders(people who go just for the park) at BC.They're not going to take a huge hit if they don't have the number one park.I think they have a great park and I know a lot of other people feel that way.Does BB have the lodge facilities that BC has?Does BB have a hotel that can compete with BC? .BC is more than a park and to say they don't have the smarts is just stupid.You have to try to make everyone have a great time at your mountain and I think BC does a pretty good job of that.

Edited by Mixilplix

Ian and the gang at boulder do, based on talking to them, the best job with rider input and definently keep their park kids in their thoughts all the time...But bear is not all about their park like boulder is. Bear wants to attract everyone, not just mainly park kids. From a business standpoint, I do think bear does the best job of balancing their customer appeal. I hope this season they can keep it up!

Wow so many haters so little time....

I was gonna type up this big long speech to prove all of you wrong but then......

I realized while typing it up that this is all dumb and the people im arguing with have probably no clue the position that im coming from so im just gonna give up this argument and leave it at this.....Im sorry if i offended anyone or insulted bear in any way. I love bear, thats why i have a pass there. I think that bear does a good job with their park, obviousely i have some criticisms, if you disagree with me maybe we can sit down over a nice cup of hot chocolate and discuss them. I think andy does an awesome job with what he has and i have said this to his face. So if you wanna keep hatin and calling me ungrateful and saying im polluting this thread with "shit" then i say to you....HATE ON. Im not gonna argue with a bunch of kids and ski dads on an online message board, especially over bear creek. Check my home mountain status on the left hand side, theres a reason those exclamation points are there.

All that crap outta the way, hopefully the weather stays good so we can get some good snow production in and open the whole mountain...not just the park.

come on everyone cant we all get along? just be stoked for bear opening soon and stop bitchin about the rail jam did u see the weather outside i'm personally glad it was cancelled...because could u imagine atleast 150 people like 6 rails tops and icy roads? it would be a giant clusterfuck

Wow so many haters so little time....

I was gonna type up this big long speech to prove all of you wrong but then......

I realized while typing it up that this is all dumb and the people im arguing with have probably no clue the position that im coming from so im just gonna give up this argument and leave it at this.....Im sorry if i offended anyone or insulted bear in any way. I love bear, thats why i have a pass there. I think that bear does a good job with their park, obviousely i have some criticisms, if you disagree with me maybe we can sit down over a nice cup of hot chocolate and discuss them. I think andy does an awesome job with what he has and i have said this to his face. So if you wanna keep hatin and calling me ungrateful and saying im polluting this thread with "shit" then i say to you....HATE ON. Im not gonna argue with a bunch of kids and ski dads on an online message board, especially over bear creek. Check my home mountain status on the left hand side, theres a reason those exclamation points are there.

All that crap outta the way, hopefully the weather stays good so we can get some good snow production in and open the whole mountain...not just the park.

Maybe I was a little harsh, but I just gotta hate on people who don't back stuff up. Don't say/claim a bunch of stuff and then give up when people call you out on it. If you want to take a stance on an issue, then be prepared to defend it, don't just puss out when stuff hits the fan. Besides, it makes my night more interesting if you don't... I'm not a kid or a ski dad, but I do enjoy a good conversation now and then, even if the words used make it sound like an argument.

BTW, what position ARE you coming from?