Sno is blowing Sno

Melissa

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be glad you weren't around last year, Melissa...it was absolute torture. Not only did Sno miss out on an early cold snap because of Mike "The Dick" Washo's lawsuit, but the groomer at our small community ski hill lost it's hydraulics and we didn't get parts until February.

Are you at all nervous about not having skied in a while?

Well, I am a bit nervous to see how well I do! I'm really just curious to see how much I've remembered or forgotten! Hopefully skiing is a lot like riding a bike... I'm okay with being not the best skiier though--I just think skiing is fun and I look forward to doing it lots this winter.

the websites been updated...an expected opening of saturday dec 8th

Hi everyone<

I recently was transferred here by my company and am new to the area. I bought a season pass online and went up to the Mountain last week. I found your forum on a google search and was wondering if anyone can answer any questions for me.

Does anyone know how to get from the parking lot to the lodge/Base area; there are no stairs other than the back ones

How are they opening next week with that waterpark mess there and trees all over the place

and do they have a high speed quad.

I am very excited to ski there and just had some questions, the girl at the office had no answers

Thanks

Hi everyone<

I recently was transferred here by my company and am new to the area. I bought a season pass online and went up to the Mountain last week. I found your forum on a google search and was wondering if anyone can answer any questions for me.

Does anyone know how to get from the parking lot to the lodge/Base area; there are no stairs other than the back ones

How are they opening next week with that waterpark mess there and trees all over the place

and do they have a high speed quad.

I am very excited to ski there and just had some questions, the girl at the office had no answers

Thanks

Welcome to PASR! Im sure someone will answer your questions.

Hi everyone<I recently was transferred here by my company and am new to the area. I bought a season pass online and went up to the Mountain last week. I found your forum on a google search and was wondering if anyone can answer any questions for me.

Does anyone know how to get from the parking lot to the lodge/Base area; there are no stairs other than the back ones wait for the tram :wiggle

How are they opening next week with that waterpark mess there and trees all over the place Great minds think alike...i've been wondering the same. :wiggle

and do they have a high speed quad. not at this time but one is promised sometime within the next (insert number here) years

I am very excited to ski there and just had some questions, the girl at the office had no answersThanks

But to be serious on the issue over the whole mess up there..from what i understand they will be opening the upper half of mainline and shuffling the mainline traffic over to the top of the bunny. Running lifts 2,4, and 5. No 3. Which would mean you have to skate across the top part of the mountain if you want to hit the pow pow on mainline. Once again this isn't set in stone, so don't bash me if it doesn't happen :blink: and welcome to the area and the boards!

Edited by riderossi

But to be serious on the issue over the whole mess up there..from what i understand they will be opening the upper half of mainline and shuffling the mainline traffic over to the top of the bunny. Running lifts 2,4, and 5. No 3. Which would mean you have to skate across the top part of the mountain if you want to hit the pow pow on mainline. Once again this isn't set in stone, so don't bash me if it doesn't happen :blink: and welcome to the area and the boards!

I have not been to the mountain since last week. Does anyone know if they started blowing snow last night like their website said. I will be there on sunday but was wondering

Okay, so they removed the stairs to the front of the lodge and planned on a walkway directly across to a second floor entrance...at least that's what I remember from one of the public meetings. I guess the walkway is moved off the front burner for now. We never used the stairway. When I'm alone during the week, I just park next to the NF and boot-up and ski. If I had to go directly to the lodge and didn't want to wait for the bus, I'd just ski and skate, but it's a bit of a workout. If Ty was with me and we had to hit the lodge (that skate is too much for her), we'd ski down to the Iron Horse, then cut over.The stairs are really just for people that want to park a cooler and don't want to wait for the shuttle. We probably jumped on the shuttle 10 or 12 times last year, mostly on the busy days when we got stuck in the far part of the lot. At worst it was a 10 minute wait. I assume they'll figure out a parking system that lets them use the long, train-like thing they bought and never used because they couldn't maneuver it.

I drove past out of curiousity today... I saw some snow blown. I assume it's from last night.
Hi, Melissa! Have you found Tinks or Flashback, yet? The Woodlands sucks, btw....

Hi, Melissa! Have you found Tinks or Flashback, yet? The Woodlands sucks, btw....

Hi Ski!

I've actually been to Tinks and Flashbacks--but a long time ago... Once upon a time, while I was still in college, I came to Scranton to celebrate a friend's 21st (she went to the University of Scranton). I actually still have my Flashbacks mug--I wonder if they still have mug night?

I've never been to the Woodlands, but everyone tells me it's supposed to be really cool, except for my boss, he always says that it is dangerous. One of the holiday parties that I'll be attending this year will be held at the Woodlands, so I'll be able to check it out for myself!

Hi Ski!I've actually been to Tinks and Flashbacks--but a long time ago... Once upon a time, while I was still in college, I came to Scranton to celebrate a friend's 21st (she went to the University of Scranton). I actually still have my Flashbacks mug--I wonder if they still have mug night? I've never been to the Woodlands, but everyone tells me it's supposed to be really cool, except for my boss, he always says that it is dangerous. One of the holiday parties that I'll be attending this year will be held at the Woodlands, so I'll be able to check it out for myself!
Maybe the Woodlands finally fired the DJ's they had working Fridays and Saturdays. They were the biggest tools on the planet. We'd always go clubbing not because of drink prices and definitely not because it's where everyone else goes, but because of the music. The lack of any good clubs has been the hardest part of moving up here.
Sno blew a lot of snow last night. I was suprised when I was stumbling to my car at 2:30 in the morning and saw how much snow they were blowing.
:rock

Maybe the Woodlands finally fired the DJ's they had working Fridays and Saturdays. They were the biggest tools on the planet. We'd always go clubbing not because of drink prices and definitely not because it's where everyone else goes, but because of the music. The lack of any good clubs has been the hardest part of moving up here. :rock

Ski, how often do you really go out clubbing??

Thanks for the pics, Rat!

Ski, how often do you really go out clubbing??

Dancing has always been the #1 thing my late wife and I do together. We met at City Gardens (an industrial club in Trenton) and then spent every night in the Bank (in Philly), Zadars (New Hope), and on Delware Ave. (Philly). But club music started drifting toward hip-hop---even in the alternative clubs---and when we moved up here full time, we had to pick and choose 'best of the 80's' nights and those weird times at Flashbacks where there are 10 disco songs to get to one or two marginal Prince songs, like "Kiss". Upstairs at Tinks can be okay---I really like some techno, if it's techno-dance. So we kind of go out in streaks, but not during the week up here. The DJ's use weeknights as a time to play their own taste, which is almost always a waste of time. We'll go every weekend, but then not go for two or three months at a time. And that really makes my wife miserable. Her dream has been to rent space in used to be an Ames Dpt. Store and open our own all-ages club, then play our music.

Thanks for the pics, Rat!

Dancing has always been the #1 thing my late wife and I do together. We met at City Gardens (an industrial club in Trenton) and then spent every night in the Bank (in Philly), Zadars (New Hope), and on Delware Ave. (Philly). But club music started drifting toward hip-hop---even in the alternative clubs---and when we moved up here full time, we had to pick and choose 'best of the 80's' nights and those weird times at Flashbacks where there are 10 disco songs to get to one or two marginal Prince songs, like "Kiss". Upstairs at Tinks can be okay---I really like some techno, if it's techno-dance. So we kind of go out in streaks, but not during the week up here. The DJ's use weeknights as a time to play their own taste, which is almost always a waste of time. We'll go every weekend, but then not go for two or three months at a time. And that really makes my wife miserable. Her dream has been to rent space in used to be an Ames Dpt. Store and open our own all-ages club, then play our music.

Ah, Zadars! I grew up like 10 minutes from there. I was just at the Martini bar in Scranton tonight, and actually, upstairs had a decent techno/dance DJ. It isnt a huge space or anything, but if they had a dj spinning those kind of tracks, I imagine they get a decent dance crowd--you should check it out! If that doesn't float your boat, head to Europe:) If you and your wife open your own club, I promise to visit. OH, you should totally open an after hours club at Sno!

Ah, Zadars! I grew up like 10 minutes from there.

Really? I pretty much lived at Zadar's through most of the 90's. I had an apartment at Delaware Heights in Ewing just so I could be halfway between City Gardens and Zadar's, with Belle Mountain for some quick turns. Where you still in high school when you lived in that area?

edit: I remember it was Doylestown, so CB East or West. I was asking because my company does a lot of schools in that area. Both were our's, but I never did sports there.

Edited by ski

I remember it was Doylestown, so CB East or West. I was asking because my company does a lot of schools in that area. Both were our's, but I never did sports there.

Ski, what kind of company do you work for? I live right in that area, about a 20 min drive to CB East. I am from the town next to Newtown, Holland. Went to Council Rock South

Ski, what kind of company do you work for? I live right in that area, about a 20 min drive to CB East. I am from the town next to Newtown, Holland. Went to Council Rock South

I work for the sports photo division of a NE Philly company that does college and high school pics. It was founded in Bensalem, so we have a lot of schools in the area, but it's expanded to a little more than 250 colleges and 200 high schools in 12 states.

BTW, my late wife went to Council Rock when it was just plain old Council Rock (oh, and she's not really dead. I just say that around Melissa :naughty 'cause her avatar is hot).

BTW, my late wife went to Council Rock when it was just plain old Council Rock (oh, and she's not really dead. I just say that around Melissa :naughty 'cause her avatar is hot).

What year did she graduate in? My mom has been a Health and Phys Ed teacher there for close to 25 years now.

Really? I pretty much lived at Zadar's through most of the 90's. I had an apartment at Delaware Heights in Ewing just so I could be halfway between City Gardens and Zadar's, with Belle Mountain for some quick turns. Where you still in high school when you lived in that area?

edit: I remember it was Doylestown, so CB East or West. I was asking because my company does a lot of schools in that area. Both were our's, but I never did sports there.

C.B. East class of 2000! I lived in Doylestown til I went away to college, etc. My parents still live there, so I go back quite a bit, especially now that I am only 2 hours away (as opposed to when I was living in Virginia and was 5 hours away).

Ski, there have been some rumors that you were seen disposing of a blue plastic barrel/trashcan/bin. Is this true?