Sno is blowing Sno

Melissa

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I would like to see the mountain open earlier, I think Dec. 1st and 2nd is probably the earliest we could realistically see the mountain open. I just don't see that they will have everything cleaned up and the necessary support staff marshaled before then. I think Melissa is probably right that 2nd weekend will probably be the real opening, but I think there is a chance of the 1st weekend.

... why else would they be making snow now if they didn't want to open early?

Unless it's to run tests, there's no other reason to turn the guns on than to be laying base with the intention of opening within a week. You don't blow and just speculate about weather in two weeks.

If they are really blowing, then they are looking at insulating what they have against the two warm days coming up, then planning to hit it hard.

If, if, if...it could be a really good sign.

sno's website is brutal my god the 90's called they want their animated gif's back

Since the web is the cheapest and easiest way to reach the most people, you'd sort of think a website would be a pretty high priority for getting right :confused

IDK, I've owned a small, internet business for just about 10 years and it's never gone a single day without having at least a mini update for the date or something, even when we we've been in Hawaii on vacation...or Disney...or at race camp. I hate having out dated info anywhere on my site.

I shouldn't complain, since it helps keep the lift lines short.

Since the web is the cheapest and easiest way to reach the most people, you'd sort of think a website would be a pretty high priority for getting right :confused

IDK, I've owned a small, internet business for just about 10 years and it's never gone a single day without having at least a mini update for the date or something, even when we we've been in Hawaii on vacation...or Disney...or at race camp. I hate having out dated info anywhere on my site.

I shouldn't complain, since it helps keep the lift lines short.

I agree, there are few things more irritating to me than seeing shitty websites from respectable, established corporations. In 4 years they`ll have sunk 25 million dollars into the mountain....i don`t think it should be too difficult to drop a few thousand dollars and have someone set up something dynamic that they can easily update. Hell, I`ll be damned if one of the owners doesn`t have a tech savvy teenager who would be glad to do it for $20/hour.

I agree, there are few things more irritating to me than seeing shitty websites from respectable, established corporations. In 4 years they`ll have sunk 25 million dollars into the mountain....i don`t think it should be too difficult to drop a few thousand dollars and have someone set up something dynamic that they can easily update. Hell, I`ll be damned if one of the owners doesn`t have a tech savvy teenager who would be glad to do it for $20/hour.

Okay I am so glad I am not the only person to be totally annoyed with Sno's website. On the one hand, I wish they had a really nice professional site (or rather, something that doesn't look like I could have made it in 8th grade desktop publishing). It would be nice for the website to be an information resource instead of a depository of outdated information. On the other hand, I guess the nice website prevents a ton of people from checking out Sno, so to the extent that the crappy website prevents the mountain from being crowded, that is super.

I was up there today to get my pass picture, and what a hassle, we had to wait an hour and a half because the machine broke. So they ended up just taking my picture and not givin me my pass, so i have to get back up there to get it when its fixed. Does anyone know what there doing for steps to get to the parking lot to the lodge?

I called today and they said mid December :banghead .

Here is my opinion, which is just complete speculation. Mid-december is like the 15th, right? Well, if they say "Mid-December" but open earlier, people get excited. If they push for an earlier open date and announce an earlier date, but then have to push the date back, people are disappointed. Thus, I think they are saying mid-december with the hope and plan to open earlier than that--didn't someone on here mention Dec. 10th as a potential opening date? I am figuring around Dec. 10th. (Or that weekend sure would be nice!). Keep your fingers crossed!!

Hi, Melissa!

When the cold sets in, they'll open. If we get a 5 day forecast with 30's and low 20's/teens, then I'm 100% certain they'll hit the switch. With all the new guns, they have the ability to open half the mountain in the same time as it took them to get one green circle open. The downside to it is that they want to make sure they aren't wasting half a mountain worth of snow if it turns 60 degrees.

Hi, Melissa!

When the cold sets in, they'll open. If we get a 5 day forecast with 30's and low 20's/teens, then I'm 100% certain they'll hit the switch. With all the new guns, they have the ability to open half the mountain in the same time as it took them to get one green circle open. The downside to it is that they want to make sure they aren't wasting half a mountain worth of snow if it turns 60 degrees.

Hi Ski!

I know we need cold to blow! The forecast for Scranton looks hella cold though! So they need to jump on it! If you check accuweather, the low for every night for the next 15 days is below freezing (and in most cases well below freezing). Keep your fingers crossed...

Hi Ski!

I know we need cold to blow! The forecast for Scranton looks hella cold though! So they need to jump on it! If you check accuweather, the low for every night for the next 15 days is below freezing (and in most cases well below freezing). Keep your fingers crossed...

Be glad you weren't around last year, Melissa...it was absolute torture. Not only did Sno miss out on an early cold snap because of Mike "The Dick" Washo's lawsuit, but the groomer at our small community ski hill lost it's hydraulics and we didn't get parts until February.

Are you at all nervous about not having skied in a while?

Hi Ski!

I was told by a friend the patrol was asked to be all set to go by the end of next week Dec 7th- But they have been set and will have their final training next weekend and prep for the season