TR Wednesday Nov 21

xNick11

Went from my local ski shop (my boots came in so I got them heat molded, and got my skis mounted.), went on over to my friends, packed my skis and everything in his car. We drove, got there around 3:30, when I realized I forgot my poles. There is no double boxes set up now, the rails are all set up in one line. It's a longer wait, but if you snake everyone and actually hit all the rails in a line its really fun. The snow was really fast today, or maybe it was just the factor wax on my skis. I saw Atomic Jeff, Librider, Rodeo Steve, and Big Ben.

I at 6:00, my feet couldn't take the feeling of new boots anymore, and plus my friend wanted to go to a show in Wilkes-Barre tonight at 7:30 so I kinda had to leave.

In all it was a fun day for how little I rode, but I really wish they had some more difficult boxes/rails. Flat boxes/rails are boring to me.

Wow really man? that sucks... One big line?! omg!

You got your boots from the same place I got my shit. up in dickson city... uhm... wait for it! idk, but the guys name is Tim... lol when I was up there yesterday he was telling me you call almost every day making sure your boots dident come in before you got up there for them... lol

Wow really man? that sucks... One big line?! omg!

You got your boots from the same place I got my shit. up in dickson city... uhm... wait for it! idk, but the guys name is Tim... lol when I was up there yesterday he was telling me you call almost every day making sure your boots dident come in before you got up there for them... lol

Ya Tim is really cool.

How is the coverage? still alright or did they put them in a line cuz the snow is melting off.
Not sure why they put the setup in a line, but snow is still good.

yeah cops like that are lame. i had my car searched last year because my friend smelled like axe(apparently axe is only used to cover up the smell of pot, not the smell of never washed snowboard gear). it sucks that theres nothing you can do about it. if you dont consent to a search, they keep you there until they can get a warrant, which is really fast in small towns.

but if you have nothing to do, might as well be as noncompliant as legally possible just to piss the cop off and waste his time, but only if you are completely innocent.

which brings me to my next point, smoke weed errday

Edited by d-unit

i was also pulled over by a cop who said he knew we had drugs and alcohol in the car and he actually told us we were gonna go to prison (but he assured us if it was marijuana we would only have to spend the nite in jail). five cop cars later and full search of the interior and exterior of the car, the grass around the car, our wallets, and us, they find nothing (cause we had nothing nor had been under the influence of anything). i still got a ticket for going the wrong way on the road (it was this little turn around traffic circle that hardly anyone uses, there was no wrong way sign, and i was polite as possible and explained to him it was a mistake, which it actually was.) good to see the entire township police force stopping crime.

the first thing he said to me was "Where's your stash?"

come on TP4 didn't you know that pot is the worst thing that you can ever possibly do? You are funding AL QAEDA with those drugs! You lucky they didn't call in the department of home land security, you can't be too careful in this post 9/11 world.

Totally exploit the police department that pulled this bullshit. Demand a letter of apology and money for any repairs for any possible scratch or rip on the interior of your car from the search. Also find out the names of the officers and write to the pocono record so that bullshit violation of civil rights can be pointed right in their face. I hate fucking bullshit cops that abuse their power and lie and fenagle a way to search your car in hopes of scoring a little pot or somthing to screw up your record.

So many times I'm sure that someone is getting mugged, a car or house is getting broken into, or anything worse is happening when a asshole pig of a cop wants to bust some teenagers for a little bag of reefer. Good job keeping America safe!!

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

i dont do that stuff :rolleyes: you were with a bunch of people and im shyyea, i figured if i cooperated and showed him i had nothing on me and just had made a mistake he would let me go

Ya but dude if your 100% positive your clean always always always refuse just to protect your rights as well as your fellow citizens. If they unlawfully search your car they can get in trouble and or if they do somehow find a loophole so search your car and find nothing they will be PISSED. Theres nothing better than refusing to cooporate with a stupid cop that claims you have drugs in your car let them bring in the K9 let them bring in their supervisors to get embarassed and find out theres NOTHING and they're idiots who just proved to you themselves and their superiors that there "reasons to believe" are total horse shit.

Someone making a simple mistake in an area they're not very familiar with turning down the wrong road is no reason to believe. It's because you are young and possibly the baggy snow clothes and snowboarder reputation that made them say that bullshit. If it were a 80 yr old lady I bet he wouldnt have accused her for having drugs if she made the same mistake.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

Cops can think what they want to think, but no sane judge will grant a search warrant without some kind of probable cause, not what a cop thinks. If there is no smell, and nothing laying out, then he's going to have a hard time getting a search warrant. At any rate, always refuse a search.

One thing I've learned is if a cop is trying to walk all over, ask what his name is, and then ask who his supervisor is. Usually makes them take a step or two back. I did it this past weekend. Works well.

Never ever ever wave your rights for anything. Cooperation is one thing, be polite, don't give them attitude or reason to do anything. But you have the right to not be searched at all times, make them go through all the hoops the law gives you if you know you are clean, then you win the day. They look like a moron, they may or may not actually search the car. If they do - you make them look bad to other officers -if they don't you saved yourself time.

but sometimes the cops dont even give you a chance to deny a search. in my town, if a cop wants to do something, hell get away with it. and the judges will side with cops. i tried to have a case against woolwich township for illegal search, but the judge through it out.

Word to the wise... if you ever get pulled over, be very respectful and polite to the police officer. Keep your hands on the steering wheel (so it doesn't look like your are grabbing a gun or whatever). If the cop wants to search your car, politely say that your trunk is locked and that you do not consent to a search, and then gently ask him if he has probable cause. Just remember, never never never consent to a search. Even though you think that you don't have anything illegal in your car, you might have forgotten about something or have paraphanalia or something with residue on it. If you do not consent, and something illegal is found, there is a good chance that your motion to suppress the evidence will be granted (and thus charges dropped). If you consent to the search, you will have no argument because you have waived your rights. Final tip: anything the cop can see in "plain view" in your car can be the basis for probable cause, so make sure you don't have anything out in the open (transport illegal stuff in the trunk!).

If anyone has any questions about what a cop can or cannot do, post em.

what about a wagon? im getting a protoge 5, so theres no actual trunk. if i cover up everything in the back with a blanket, is that considered not in plain view?

i have a wagon as well, and it has a cover that you can pull from the back of the seats to the hatch. i would assume that this counts as my 'trunk'? i'm over 21 and i dont smoke though, so i guess its not really an issue for me.

Innocent or not, there is no reason to consent to a search. Police use intimidation tactics to get you to waive your right to search and seizure.

"Officer I do not give consent to search my vehicle."

Practice this.

You can be polite, but the officer likely intimidated you to get you to give up waive your rights because he knew he had no cause to search otherwise. The best case scenario from the police perspective is a failed sobriety test or a hit from a k9.

Since you waived your right you can't really do much about the search now. I would still try to fight the wrong-way ticket. Take pictures, show there wasn't a wrong way sign or it was hidden and try to get it reduced or dropped. You probably want to talk to a lawyer as to whether to bring up the other facts about the stop, but if the officer is still fired up he will bring it to the table. Either way, you won't be charged with any more, and you might get out of the minor violation as well.

What police department was it?

Edited by Glenn