Bindings

OutCold

I'm getting a new setup for christmas and I have some questions. I already ordered the deck. I got a Venture Zephyr 162 Wide. I weigh about 180 and have size 15 feet. I am now trying to figure out the binding situation. Last time I bought bindings (which happened to be the first time) I did it based on the recommendation of a friend. So anyway now I'm trying to figure out what bindings to go with and really have no idea what to look for in a binding. I mostly do freeride, but occasionally dabble in the park. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

I'd say union,rome or ride all are bomb proof and have great tech and union has lifetime warranty on base plates and rome backs it up with a 2 year warranty on their stuff; but what nick said is a good point maybe bring one or both of your boots with you and see how they fit in the bindings when you're looking. One last thing I would recommend finding a binding with highback rotation it will make all the difference in the world as for comfort when riding!

I'd say union,rome or ride all are bomb proof and have great tech and union has lifetime warranty on base plates and rome backs it up with a 2 year warranty on their stuff; but what nick said is a good point maybe bring one or both of your boots with you and see how they fit in the bindings when you're looking. One last thing I would recommend finding a binding with highback rotation it will make all the difference in the world as for comfort when riding!

I actually hated that, and i thought it felt wierd.

I agree with the Ride and Rome bindings. They have some very sick stuff out, and Ride has been making killer bindings forever. I ride the Ride SPi's and can't be happier.

I like the hiback rotation. It did feel a little weird at first but I got used to it. Better response with.

With a 15 boot I would definitely do some research and see what bindings handle that.

I have the Burton Co2 and I love them, dont even realize you are strapped in. That said I don't think they are worth the retail price. Luckily I found a nice sale on them.

I've been looking at K2s because thats what I have now and I know their XL size can fit my boot. Part of my problem is that I live in Florida right now so theres no shops to go to to try them on. I am going to Killy the day after I get home from school so I don't have time to shop around when I get home. Does anyone know how K2 bindings compare to other companies in regards to quality, durability, etc.

I actually hated that, and i thought it felt wierd.

I agree with the Ride and Rome bindings. They have some very sick stuff out, and Ride has been making killer bindings forever. I ride the Ride SPi's and can't be happier.

I just bought a pair of Ride RX's Monday and can't wait to get out on them. It was between them, Ride SPI's and Rome Targa's but went with the RX's for the cost. My last set of bindings were Ride's and I loved them to death. The only thing is they were pretty damn heavy, but Ride fixed that as their whole line has become lighter even with a metal frame/plate.

Do the research, its good to get on here and get brands/models, but do the research. Its tough to find reviews for '08 models, but try to read up.

Anyone.....Anyone.....Bueller.....Bueller

I just picked up a set of Salomon relay pros..... i love them. I'd definitely reccomend them along with salomon boots,which i also have- they use the fusion liner, so your size 15 boot would have the footprint of a 14...or whatever it is.

K2 bindings aren't to good my girlfriend got a pair last year unresponsive and cheaply made IMO, but about rides redesign I really like the metal frame and plate makes for a better binding all plastic bindings suck end of story I can't believe at one point I liked a full plastic base and binding aside from the heel cup.

Well that depends because pretty much all snow companies when they say a year they mean on snow time, so that doesn't mean one year from purchase date they actually mean one year of on snow time.

Also I forgot to mention rome has a 2 year warranty on their gear, I believe Ride is one year and Union is year on binding but lifetime on baseplate and I think heelcup.

Edited by GNU_rider

id say ride spi's i just got the new 08 model this year and i had an older model of spi's prior to these and i love them i have a complete ride setup and like them very much. the spi's are very versitle bindings which is one of the reasons y i bought them. they do have a lifetime warrenty on the baseplate and the heel cup i do beielve like GNU rider said. and with the spi's they have adjustable straps and toe ramps to center ur straps in the center of ur boot. i wear a size twelve which has a print of 11 but i have tons of extra room to center my bindings if i had a larger boot. the spi's are very adjustable to however u feel is most comfortable for you. hope that helps need anything else let me know

• 2 weeks later...
Please explain why? For the benefit of those of us out here, maybe we can benefit from your experience / knowledge.

Thanks

Lots of issues with broken straps and buckels. Junk might have been a bit harsh of a description, but at that price point I would look at other brands first.

its interesting to see someone know about let alone own a venture snowboard. i agree with the consensus here. why not go with another obscure but solid marque in union, and ride and burton also manufacture good products. just remember to fit, fit, fit and that last years heavily discounted products are in no way outdated. what are your price range, stiffness preference, and riding style?