Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was horrible today after 11:00 AM

The powder was soft and sticky with the the packed granular underneath. A real work out!!!

It was horrible today after 11:00 AM

The powder was soft and sticky with the the packed granular underneath. A real work out!!!

Wait till they blow for a couple of evenings

the bubblehockey is broken

'

WHAT!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO how am i ever goin to win money now...great now i'm never goin to eat again...i will bury whoever did this...... :tinfoil:!!!MARK MY WORDS!!! :tinfoil:

Edited by Youngbloodz

For a snowboard dude maybe, but those ruts were deep for us guys on the slats

Ciao

yeah ruts really suck for skiers. either you have to approach the rail with a really narrow stance (which is really hard because it causes you stance to be narrow on the rail.) or the other option is to approach the rail with you legs super spread apart which isnt as bad as them being really close. but with this kind of snow they cant really do anything with ruts because the fix it and its rutted after 5 more boarders 50-50 it.

I have a bad feeling about the slopestyle tomorrow. I'm assuming its on the newly redone blackbear. Blackbear's new setup alone isnt very fun, let alone good enough for a decent competition. The rail selection and placement is terrible. It starts off with that first jump, which has soooo much pop. Then the up rail and up box. First of all there is no variety there. It should be setup more like an up box and an urban down rail. Secondly, there is no way to get enough speed for the next jump, especially if your hitting the big side. Personally, i thought the construction of the next jump sucked anyway. When i hit it i found it hard to find that perfect speed for the big side, you either came too slow and knuckld, or came in a little too hot and landed backseat. Anyway the next 3 rail option is disgusting. Nobody wants to hit the rainbow or a 10 foot down box in a legit comp. I can see the 'smurf' rail in the middle being spun off like that hot dog at boulder, BUT if you hit it with any speed to spin off you are landing flat. I'm assuming its ending with that little bonk at the end.

My real question is on what feature are you gonna be able to truly judge the skill of riders. There is no urban down rail, even a flat rail, let alone a legit jump line to see who can put something together, or anything to be creative on. It may just be my opinion but I was definetly dissapointed in the setup, and i'm not even in the comp. I can see a big letdown coming. I definetly think last years setup on tubing was a better choice. Who knows, maybe the comp wont even be on blackbear and all my opinions can be disregarded...but it will definetly be interesting to see.

Edited by Oakley21

I have a bad feeling about the slopestyle tomorrow. I'm assuming its on the newly redone blackbear. Blackbear's new setup alone isnt very fun, let alone good enough for a decent competition. The rail selection and placement is terrible. It starts off with that first jump, which has soooo much pop. Then the up rail and up box. First of all there is no variety there. It should be setup more like an up box and an urban down rail. Secondly, there is no way to get enough speed for the next jump, especially if your hitting the big side. Personally, i thought the construction of the next jump sucked anyway. When i hit it i found it hard to find that perfect speed for the big side, you either came too slow and knuckld, or came in a little too hot and landed backseat. Anyway the next 3 rail option is disgusting. Nobody wants to hit the rainbow or a 10 foot down box in a legit comp. I can see the 'smurf' rail in the middle being spun off like that hot dog at boulder, BUT if you hit it with any speed to spin off you are landing flat. I'm assuming its ending with that little bonk at the end.

My real question is on what feature are you gonna be able to truly judge the skill of riders. There is no urban down rail, even a flat rail, let alone a legit jump line to see who can put something together, or anything to be creative on. It may just be my opinion but I was definetly dissapointed in the setup, and i'm not even in the comp. I can see a big letdown coming. I definetly think last years setup on tubing was a better choice. Who knows, maybe the comp wont even be on blackbear and all my opinions can be disregarded...but it will definetly be interesting to see.

that set up will be the ultimate test of riders skills because there are not that many options so they will have to get creative.

how are you gonna get creative without the speed to hit anything? i definetly see big problems there. if you wanna hit the bigger jumps you are gonna have to either skip the up rail/ box or haul ass and land flat on them to keep speed.

Edited by Oakley21