Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

the flat down needs to find a new spot. the landing to that is like going on mogals. if it was on an area that wasnt as steep then it doesnt get like that, example was last year when the flat down was set up right in the begining of tubing.

Yeah i think it does too but there isnt really anything that fits well there. Accept when they had a jump there but since they switched the ability levels of the parks that wont work.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i think it does too but there isnt really anything that fits well there. Accept when they had a jump there but since they switched the ability levels of the parks that wont work.

There is stuff that would work there like a down box but they would have to move it down the hill, make the area above it flat and make an urban lip and boom there you go, perfect thing for that spot, an urbane down box. It has the perfect pitch for it.

There is stuff that would work there like a down box but they would have to move it down the hill, make the area above it flat and make an urban lip and boom there you go, perfect thing for that spot, an urbane down box. It has the perfect pitch for it.

but most likely things wont be getting set up "urban style" in that park because it is a beginner and intermediate park. a down box would work but they already had that this year.

was it rainy? i was gonna go up but the rain scared my away. now its looking like im going tomorrow before i hit up the relatives house.

rain is the shit, fast and soft snow and no crowds. i look forward to rainy days. well not really but i accept them.

oh and nick is right a down box would be prime. it has to be urban unlike what they had setup before to limit the number of people hitting it and chewing up the landing.

i'll report back tomorrow about how the base is holding up.

i think people shouldnt have been so stupid to want andy and the park crew to wait to open the expert park. like how dumb of an idea was that, yeah lets wait and just blow as much snow as possible and open it with expert features. to me that sounded like a lot of kids tooting thier "i'm excited pre-season horn" claiming that they are too good for the easy shit. how about next year we say fuck it and put in as much stuff as possible so we arent stuck hitting the same 8 rails 3 weeks into the season.

/rant, as for the conditions, total sheet of ice, but temps are gonna drop and should be getting better as christmas break goes on, hope to see you guys there! merry christmas!

Yeah things need work. Hopefully the next couple nights they'll get some snow down.

Conditions weren't too bad considering how warm windy and wet it was yesterday though. I was surprised. The big wallride/ledge wasn't that bad but the landings of most things were bulletproof ice. The jump was a joke.

The reason the expert park was changed to cascade was because of traffic flow of people that don't belong in the park. It was meant to keep people out by moving it all the way to the side. I don't know about you but black bear gets pretty crowded with alot of people that dont belong there on a busy day and i dont want to be hitting "expert" features and have some dad with his little kid on a leash cutting across the landing. There really is nothing wrong with cascade being the expert park and i think once they get some snow on it and people see the set up they will chane their minds. I also think that cascade should be turned into an intermediate park and the tubing park should be the expert park, with all down handrails set up urban etc. and then the big jumps...

i think people shouldnt have been so stupid to want andy and the park crew to wait to open the expert park. like how dumb of an idea was that, yeah lets wait and just blow as much snow as possible and open it with expert features. to me that sounded like a lot of kids tooting thier "i'm excited pre-season horn" claiming that they are too good for the easy shit. how about next year we say fuck it and put in as much stuff as possible so we arent stuck hitting the same 8 rails 3 weeks into the season.

/rant, as for the conditions, total sheet of ice, but temps are gonna drop and should be getting better as christmas break goes on, hope to see you guys there! merry christmas!

i couldn't agree more both parks should have features in them

Setup urban stuff in cascade as to save space for a big jump line in tubing.

btw isn't it odd that refer to the expanded lower part of cascade as tubing. Its not exactly tubing anymore...

Yeah set up urban stuff in cascade but theres no reason that you couldn't have urban stuff in the TUBING PARK. There really isnt room there for more then 2 jumps anyway. I didn't like it when they had the three jumps in there its to squished, you would have to skip the first one to get speed for the second and if you messed up on the first one you might not be able to hit any. I think they should concentrate on making a nice double line with two different hits per jump, decent sized hits and put the handrails in up were the flat down used to be and call it there expert park. There gonna put middle sized jumps in cascade anyway so why not keep the bigger stuff in the TUBING PARK. They have the pitch to set up some nasty handrails in there.

btw...isnt it odd that bear creek does not have the TUBING PARK marked with a trail name yet, and despite the fact that it is no longer tubing, it used to be TUBING so im pretty sure i can call it the TUBING PARK and have everyone know what i mean...