Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conditions last night were ok, a bit icy and some tough landings out of some rails. But overall still a very good time. The hubba ledge was closed. The stair case on cascade was a lot of fun, big ollie needed to get up on it if you went for the ledge. Forecast looks good for them to blow and get some natural snow which will help because its getting pretty thin in some spots.

Big shout out to the bartenders last night for hooking me and my buddies up with a really good time.

i was there yesterday at around 10 in the morning expecting to be able to mess around on the park. the crew must not have touched anything becuase barely anything was hittable. why have the features if you are only going to maintain them when the majority of people are there? if i were to go to boulder that day, im sure everything would have been fixed up despite the light rain....not the over 1 ft deep ruts after every box. the park crew (one guy) didnt make an appearance until around 1. im disappointed bear, i'd like to see better and more park maitainence in the future. either take care of it the night before or that morning. i know it was drizzling, and there isnt much snow but make the best of it.

do yourself a favor and stay away from burton bindings.. they are cheap and break alot

No they only break if you dont take care of them. And what you pay for with burton is what you get. So if you pay for the customs theyre not going to hold up like the p1's. Ive had the same p1's for 3 years now and theyre still in amazing condition. And before that i had missions for 2 years and they held up too.

do yourself a favor and stay away from burton bindings.. they are cheap and break alot

AGGREEEEEEDDDDD!!!!!!!

No they only break if you dont take care of them. And what you pay for with burton is what you get. So if you pay for the customs theyre not going to hold up like the p1's. Ive had the same p1's for 3 years now and theyre still in amazing condition. And before that i had missions for 2 years and they held up too.

I dunno maybe you just got lucky but my friend has ridden burton cartels for the past 2 years and destroyed about 6 boards b/c of the way the bidnings made his board flex.....I will never ride burton stuff....theres so many other companies that arent as comercialized that make a way better product. Yeah you gotta give them props for being the original but i just dont think there stuff is at the level that it should be...ive seen to many board/ bindings from the break to ever consider riding anything from them.

I dunno maybe you just got lucky but my friend has ridden burton cartels for the past 2 years and destroyed about 6 boards b/c of the way the bidnings made his board flex
Maybe they just rode shitty ass boards? I've ridden Cartels since before they were available to the public and haven't had a single issue and I have had them mounted onto 6 or 7 different boards. And thats with putting 70+ days a season on them.

Having worked in the industry for over 11 years Burton has been by far the most reliable company I've dealt with. Plus they are the best if you ever do have an issue with a product.

i have last years missions and the first problem i had was my cap strap fell off and i lost it sumwhere i called burton they are sending me a whole new toe cap strap like the slider and everything...and notice everybody has a burton story so the only reason so many people say they break is becuz everbody has them

Maybe they just rode shitty ass boards? I've ridden Cartels since before they were available to the public and haven't had a single issue and I have had them mounted onto 6 or 7 different boards. And thats with putting 70+ days a season on them.

Having worked in the industry for over 11 years Burton has been by far the most reliable company I've dealt with. Plus they are the best if you ever do have an issue with a product.

or.....maybe you just dont ride like my friend which is more likely the case. He does all rails and jumps and the strain that puts onto the base area of the bindings is much greater then you average cruiser or 2-3 lapper through the park. He's ridden MANY different board, including 2 burton dominants, a rome artifact and a rome agent, a K2 darkstar and a saloman scout,all of which are industry standards in the park department and all of which have broken in the same spot b/c of the burton bindings....right under and around the base of the binding. Sooooo maybbbeeee it is the bindings. either that or he has the worst luck in the world which i highly doubt.

i have k2 bindings and love them, going into my second year with them...but anyways rode bear this morning from 9 to 10. i was gonna stay longer but all the shit we got started sticking to the rode alot quicker than i think everyone thought. i barly made it up the hill to get outa bear. otherwise the conditions werent really that bad...however they do need snow. it was nice this morning i think that there were only prob 10 people on the whole mtn while i was there. wish i could have rode longer but w/e ill be up tomorrow night

today woas pretty good but when i got there it was pouring down rain but i went out anyway and got completly soaked. it was a fun time tho the snow wasnt nearly as bad as i thought it would be with all the rain we got. there was one of those stream type things forming down the side of upper black bear and the lifts were coated in thick ice.

or.....maybe you just dont ride like my friend which is more likely the case. He does all rails and jumps and the strain that puts onto the base area of the bindings is much greater then you average cruiser or 2-3 lapper through the park. He's ridden MANY different board, including 2 burton dominants, a rome artifact and a rome agent, a K2 darkstar and a saloman scout,all of which are industry standards in the park department and all of which have broken in the same spot b/c of the burton bindings....right under and around the base of the binding. Sooooo maybbbeeee it is the bindings. either that or he has the worst luck in the world which i highly doubt.

Rome Artifacts and K2 Darkstars in the past have know issues for core and base cracks right around the binding insert area. I RTV'd many of them with all different bindings so I'm not surpised to hear another case of that and it is completely independent of what type of binding is mounted to the board.

As far as Dominants go, there was one model of that board that had issues with cracking on both the nose and the tail because Burton tweaked the tech on the core of the board and it actually made it weaker instead of stronger.

Another perfect example of this is the new K2 WWW. When my company was testing this board last year there were lots of issues with the new Hybritaper nose and tail tech that was causing cracks, delams and wrecking the board. K2 supposedly fixed the issues, but we'll see.

And just in my experience the type of binding isn't going to have much, if any, effect on a board cracking. Especially with the Cartels, there is nothing special or different about them that would cause a board ot crack. Maybe if we were talking about C60s or some other super strong based binding it might have a small effect.

The biggest issue in recent years with boards breaking is people moving to ride smaller boards and companies trying to keep board prices and weights low on their park boards. Lots of boards that I've sent back are from people riding at the very top or over the weight limits of the boards just so they can ride something smaller. And companies are creating these park only boards with flex patterns that really are only going to last for 2-3 seasons of normal riding before they give out. So if you get people who ride them hard and do nothing but lap the park they are going to wear out even quicker.

And trust me, your friend doesn't do anything riding wise that the people I work with don't do. We employee over 20 pro and am riders all over the country.

I hate to say it but it comes down to different peoples experiences with boards and bindings people who've had one or two negative experiences with burton say it sucks people who haven't had that yet or at all will say they're great and back them until they have some bad experiences or find something they like even more; but like someone said earlier move this crap to the gear threads start a new thread in there and talk shit on burton or kiss it's ass but this is for conditions and personally I wanna know if it's worth it to go up after my next final today anyone?