Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the lips to EVERYTHING are TERRRRRIBLE. No offense but somebody needs to teach park crew how to make a good lip. Half of them are not centered on the rail, the rest are too high, frankly its a little ridiculous. I understand if there a rut or 2 but the shapes that the lips have been in since opening day is just absurd. It really makes me mad when i could build a better lip by hand. The rail selection out right now is good but the lip building technique needs to see some great improvement....

Some of the stuff hasn't been maintained to par I agree, but most of the guys on park crew this year are new. For the most part they've been taught what to do but they just need to get some practice of how to maintain things and procedures to be taken. Believe it or not but there is a lot of technical stuff for them to know and that knowledge is only as good as the on-snow experience they have. We've only been open for a week and half a day so they don't have much yet. Give us a minute and we'll get all the nOObs whipped into shape, get some snow on the ground, and we can build more than a few little jumps with rails after them haha.

Some of the stuff hasn't been maintained to par I agree, but most of the guys on park crew this year are new. For the most part they've been taught what to do but they just need to get some practice of how to maintain things and procedures to be taken. Believe it or not but there is a lot of technical stuff for them to know and that knowledge is only as good as the on-snow experience they have. We've only been open for a week and half a day so they don't have much yet. Give us a minute and we'll get all the nOObs whipped into shape, get some snow on the ground, and we can build more than a few little jumps with rails after them haha.

Wouldn't this be a good time for them to get experience? It's not that crowded yet so I would think this would be a great time for on snow training for them.

I saw a couple of them riding today,yet the park was in sad shape.

yeh i agree i see them riding way too much, i understand that the snow conditions have not been very well, especially the granular stuff that you cant do shit with, but i mean close it down fix it and throw some salt on it and let it set for 15min and it will be all good again. i do it at my house all the time. no matter how shitty the snow is it will always melt. plus shouldnt the people on park crew have experience or at least know how to fix stuff? i didnt think that they were hired not knowing how to maintain anything...

When everyone is seeing park crew just riding theres probably a 70% chance they aren't even on the clock. I'm usually up there everyday either working or just riding and a lot of the other guys do the same. You guys are right though, this time in the beginning of the season when its relatively slow is the best time to learn everything. With only a handful of "veterans" that came back, we're spread kind of thin. Trust me though, you all will see major improvements shortly.