TR: 12/14/07

AtomicSkier

I got on the snow about 1:30pm and saw the familiar faces of the ticket check guys at the lower lodge. I clicked into my skis, and hopped on to the steezy 6pack. Did a quick few runs down lazy and main street, going back to the 6pack everytime. After my 14th run, I saw Justin and GrilledSteeze, who where both caught in the heavy traffic on 145. A few minutes later Phillycore showed up. We did some steezy fast runs down Lazy 1.6km. It was fun letting Justin get 1/2 way down lazy when we were standing at the top of the lift. We usually caught him at the top of falls. Snow was pretty good for having sleet last night. I left after 22 runs. doug and justin stuck around, and eventually hit up the park. Doug hit the roller coaster box, and he said it was crispy. Doug and Justin are at my place right now, and they have some SFRB. See everyone at the boot tomorrow!

Got out of school at 12:15. Locked the keys in my cars that delayed my leaving time until 1:30. Rolled up to Blue at 3:15, booted up, then met Jeff at the top from the 6-pack. Took a run and met up with Grilled Steeze and Phillycore. Lapped Lazy Mile to Falls for a good while. Mixed it up with the bumps once. After Jeff left for beef stew, me, Grilled Steeze, and Phillycore hit up the park. Grilled Steeze was getting some sweet wedges on the rollercoaster box. After that him and Phillycore took a run down to the lodge while I hit the park a few times and left. Met Grilled Steeze at the Booter Mtn. Drive-in and headed back to Jeff's place. Rearended GSS on the 22 on-ramp, some ass cut in front of us while I was accelerating trying not to lose GSS. Slammed on the brakes and just tapped the back of his bumper. Broke my grill and scratched the paint, but I'll take it. Now we're chilling in a vidchat with xNick11 and about to enjoy some SFRB.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Damn Doug, your car sure has been taking some abuse these days :rofl

I just got back too. Took a snowboarding lesson tonight to give it a shot. Will be posting my expirience in another thread. Didn't head out on the mountain at all, just stuck to the school hill. The thing was a sheet of ice and wasn't too good for learning. It was just more of an incentive not to fall haha.

What up.

Short TR today for me. Left work around 3:40'ish and tried "north" route to Blue today took the Turnpike to Mahoning Valley. Arrived at Blue around 5:40 and suited up at the bottom lodge, I forgot how much I missed that lodge. Rode the six pack all day, alternating between Lazy Mile and Main Street the whole time. Pulled some nice carves, the snow was hard packed but not iced over. I flipped out at the Ridge Ski Team today, those flppin' idiots like to take up half the trail when they sit around, eventually a patroller told them to move. I was rockin' out to my new ski mix today, so much better. I left around 9pm, and headed to Kildares in West Chester for an hour then headed home. Tomorrow i'm gonna try the Route 100 to Route 22 tomorrow, seeing how that compares to the turnpike at 5am.

The plays of the day are ...

Blink 182 - Rock Show

Incubus - Oil and Water

Jack Johnson - Flake (for the "taking it easy" runs)

I'll see you all in about 7 hours...

Today's ranking ... 7/10

Do you think they will have any of Razors, Challenge, Paradise, Sidewinder open by Wednesday/Thursday? I'm trying decide where to go and Blue's cheap college rate is appealing since I'll be going with friends who don't have season passes.

I doubt it. Blue usually only opens new trails on fridays. They were blowing on some of Challenge, Sidewinder Park, and I think Paradise. Sidewinder wont be open until at least mid-January. The lower parts where the bus is has practically no snow at all.