Boulder Park setup

sarasnow16

Just got back from boulder and they were just finish building boulder park and it is huge

Features are

1. down rail.

2. Jump line

Step up jump

3. Step up jump has two lips one smaller

4, step up jump

The 3 rail set up that is in the plaza

1. dfd rail

2. looks like a butter box make out of snow and then a gap to down box

3. the pipe setup as a up box

4. log jib

Really sick setup to start off the year with. Plan on blowing out your hips/knees/rest of your body if you come short on any of these jumps. Pretty decent sized gaps, but I wouldn't consider them step ups. They just have the jump, and then a big "upslope" and then the dropoff for the landing (instead of jump, flat, landing). This will make even less people hit it, which isn't a bad thing at all. The last double option jump looks decent, but if you misjudge your speed, you will either come short or overshoot the landing and hit hard, in my opinion. It looks way to steep...the jumps are big but they don't need a landing quite that steep, or else it should be lengthened out. The Jump gap snowbox gap downbox thing looks super sick. I just wish they would make one a little larger up on the Mt. without the box at the end, just a super nice landing. Hopefully they build up a clean looking transfer gap again sometime this season. Overall great setup so far...keep it goin!

Edited by NiftySHIFTY

hmmmm.. funny cause I heard from the skilled kids that the jumps were awesome. that they finally had some steep landings. it must be a rider vs skier thing..

No way, give me a steep landing every time and I board. The hardest part is dialing the speed on something like that. Usually I find a kid who is nailing it and follow him in to the hit but don't hit the jump so I don't crash down on his head.

No way, give me a steep landing every time and I board. The hardest part is dialing the speed on something like that. Usually I find a kid who is nailing it and follow him in to the hit but don't hit the jump so I don't crash down on his head.

Word.... they are expert jumps and there are plenty of experts riding at Boulder now. Follow-ins are the way to go. Boulders jumps are or have been that you have to hit them hard to clear them. You have to pop off them.

Boulder is going off right now. I was there for the Rome rail jam and the level of riding was crazy. There were kids flipping onto the rail off the butter box and so many sick tricks. I wasnt expecting that big of a set up, it was kind of like the Trans Am, which is coming in january. Free hotdogs and redbull, and I got a ton of stuff at the product toss. And then Boulder Park, I think thats the biggest its been ever. Correct me if i'm wrong but those jumps were bigger than anything they've had last year. Tons of skiers spinning 5's and 7's off the last jump, which is the biggest. Overall, Boulder is sick.

Is that a butter snow box on the right? Oh man I have been wanting to ride one of those for YEARS ever since I saw the northstar at tahoe shots of them like 4 seasons ago, and I've never seen one on the east coast except for Quebec.

All the way on the right there was an up tube, but in the middle there was a jump-gap-butterbox-gap-down rail.

Is that a butter snow box on the right? Oh man I have been wanting to ride one of those for YEARS ever since I saw the northstar at tahoe shots of them like 4 seasons ago, and I've never seen one on the east coast except for Quebec.

wow ummmm maybe you shoulda come to bear last year then.....they had one for the whole last month and a half that they were open.

Edited by nick

holy crap Boulder park is rediculous!! I didnt get to hit any of the jumps cuz my knee is still crap, but the landings look soooo nice, really steep. John is doing a awesome job grooming. Kids need to get up to Boulder, its hard to believe we have jumps like these in PA now

Wow. Tonight was awesome. Aside from the fact that I was having a lot of trouble with speed which made things a little sketch, that first jump was awesome. Also loved ridin' the 60foot down flat down again, and the setup on that is great. Merry Widow park is also kinda fun. Didn't really dig the new setup of freedom park though, its just too crowded. Tryin' to get up there Saturday or Sunday this weekend again.

^ditto

rode with seany j and his crew, then pat and jon rolled up as we were leaving. good sized crew up there tonight.

first jump is like butta, shape of it is great but could be a little bigger.

all the other jumps were good sized but had real, real, real short landings. so short that i didnt want to hit them.

freedom park was redone as trevor said, and it is pretty bad imo. the features on it are fine, but theres too many of them in such a short amount of space.

all in all it was an awesome night. mainly cause of the first jump on boulder park.