Where to stay in VT

Justin

It's looking like me and n0xidee will be taking a trip to Stowe from 12/21-12/23. Skiing 12/22 and 12/23.

This is my first VT trip, so I have no clue where to stay. Looking for the cheapest place possible, any recommendations? No problem if it's a bit of a drive from the mountain. I did some research and the cheapest place that was availible on gostowe.com was $79/night. I know you guys know where to stay, any help would be appreciated. It's probably going to be me and n0xidee, maybe another. So maximum of 3 heads.

Cheapest place I could find was the Mountaineer Inn at $89/night. I think some other places were booked because I noticed a lot less choices this morning.

Anyway, the total cost comes down to $195.80 for 2 days 3 nights, with a max occupancy of 4. Split three ways thats about $65 a head, which really isn't bad. With the $150 2 day lift at Stowe and food it should be around $300 each if n0xidee can use his gas card.

lift tix for 2 days is 150, holy shit... I had a 2 day lift ticket 2 years ago it was around 110 or something. And wow, stowe is really starting to rape people on prices. 79 bucks for a day ticket...

Edited by KnuckleDragger

Yeah I meant 3 days 2 nights.

It's booked. We found a place called the Hilltop Inn in Montpelier, 29.2 miles from Stowe. $67/night, came out to $151. Works out to be $50 a head for lodging.

Stowked!!!!

Seems like kind of a far drive to go 30 minutes to and from your lodging. Oh well... Got a hot tub?

The only thing we could get closer to the mountain would have been like 120 a night, so i would rather make the drive cause gas is free. And the hotel is really shitty so no hot tub. They do have a pool, but it might not be disease free so I think I will stay away.

http://www.hilltopinnvt.net/index.html

IN THE HEART OF CENTRAL VERMONT

B A R R E --- B E R L I N --- M O N T P E L I E R

A A A - Rated 2 D i a m o n d

80 spacious, clean and comfortable rooms.

Refrig & Microwave .

Indoor heated swimming pool.

Green Mountain Coffee - 24 Hr.

DirecTV Satellite System with 4 HBO's.

Wireless Hi Speed Internet Access .

Business Center.

Complimentary local telephone access.

Great food at Suzanna's Restaurant, on premises.

Banquet / meeting facilities for 25 to 250 guests.

Mahogany Lounge.

AAA/AARP/Senior Discounts/Military & Corporate Rates. Approved Corporate Lodging Vendor. C L C Cards Welcome.

To find out more on our accommodations,

click here

I-89 EXIT 7 Rt at 3rd Light.

Thank you for Visiting us Online

I've found that Vermont lodging is usually very cheap right after New Years. Most of the families go back to work or school around the 2nd or 3rd, so hotels love to keep the rooms booked for another couple days. I've done some calling around to go up like the 2nd-4th and have found rates between $60-$80 a night.

I've found that Vermont lodging is usually very cheap right after New Years. Most of the families go back to work or school around the 2nd or 3rd, so hotels love to keep the rooms booked for another couple days. I've done some calling around to go up like the 2nd-4th and have found rates between $60-$80 a night.

That's basically what we paid....but then again we're 30 minutes from Stowe. I don't mind the drive, plus we're cooking breakfast in the parking lot with my camping stove, make our own fresh sausage :wiggle

That's basically what we paid....but then again we're 30 minutes from Stowe. I don't mind the drive, plus we're cooking breakfast in the parking lot with my camping stove, make our own fresh sausage :wiggle

doug and i stayed around 30 miuntes from mount snow when we went up. We were only paying $80/night for our steeze suite, though. 30 minute drive is nothing, really.

did anyone get the AAA rate since its AAA approved? might be able to save 30 or 50 bucks

We'll ask the front desk....they can probably discount us. But were kind of keeping it hush hush that a 3rd person is going to avoid the double occupancy fee.