Freedom park setup

It was very nice, I don't see why skiers wouldn't like it. The first and last feature where original, all though I don't know what the hell you would do with the last. The 3 jumps are good but are small and randomly sized. One is like a foot, one is about 5 foot, and one is like 15. They should have made them all about the same it is hard to get a rythmn. The upslope box is ok but sticky. Didn't hit the rainbow I was using the jump. Battleship box was nice as always, a random barrel bonk and then a bunch of flat rails. If you are going top to bottom it is good but if people start hiking it, it might be a shit show. It isn't as tight together as it looks, I dunno if you can ride well it shouldn't be an issue at all. If you are one of those people who can barely ride and are good at jibs, then maybe it will be hard but in general if you can ride they aren't too close together at all.

This is going to be wrong I didn't look much to the right hand side and I only did 4 runs through

-Channel gap quarterpipe with a pipe across the top. Think of the two wedges they had last year but with a pipe across the top and made out of snow.

-3 choice flat box/flat rail/barrel bonk setup

-3 choice small jump, down box, down rail

-3 choice small jump, battleship box, rainbow rail

-2 choice 15 ft jump, upslope box

-2 choice butter box, flat-down rail

-Up box gap down box setup, although the gap is filled with snow so you could ride across. The boxes are like 3 feet wide, it is really weird, I want to see what other people do with it. I just straight aired it and then rock to fakie on the first box, I'm not sure if you can spin it with plastic, when I do my spins I put my toeside edge down, I dunno.

I feel like the bottom need a quarter pipe, there is a lot of empty space.

Edited by Method9455

It was very nice, I don't see why skiers wouldn't like it. The first and last feature where original, all though I don't know what the hell you would do with the last. The 3 jumps are good but are small and randomly sized. One is like a foot, one is about 5 foot, and one is like 15. They should have made them all about the same it is hard to get a rythmn. The upslope box is ok but sticky. Didn't hit the rainbow I was using the jump. Battleship box was nice as always, a random barrel bonk and then a bunch of flat rails. If you are going top to bottom it is good but if people start hiking it, it might be a shit show. It isn't as tight together as it looks, I dunno if you can ride well it shouldn't be an issue at all. If you are one of those people who can barely ride and are good at jibs, then maybe it will be hard but in general if you can ride they aren't too close together at all.

This is going to be wrong I didn't look much to the right hand side and I only did 4 runs through

-Channel gap quarterpipe with a pipe across the top. Think of the two wedges they had last year but with a pipe across the top and made out of snow.

-3 choice flat box/flat rail/barrel bonk setup

-3 choice small jump, down box, down rail

-3 choice small jump, battleship box, rainbow rail

-2 choice 15 ft jump, upslope box

-2 choice butter box, flat-down rail

-Up box gap down box setup, although the gap is filled with snow so you could ride across. The boxes are like 3 feet wide, it is really weird, I want to see what other people do with it. I just straight aired it and then rock to fakie on the first box, I'm not sure if you can spin it with plastic, when I do my spins I put my toeside edge down, I dunno.

I feel like the bottom need a quarter pipe, there is a lot of empty space.

excellent details, thanks for the report!

just wait for a good sized crowd and then your opinion might change. its not too bad if freedom is empty. you pretty much have to keep moving and not stop to keep your speed up to hit every feature. if you stop you either have to hike up a little bit or skip the next feature. and if theres a lot of people there you cant keep a line going, so you have to work around it.

there is a definite line between skiers and snowboarder setups though. take the rainbow for example. horrible lip for skiers, its not hittable. its fine for boarders though.

just wait for a good sized crowd and then your opinion might change. its not too bad if freedom is empty. you pretty much have to keep moving and not stop to keep your speed up to hit every feature. if you stop you either have to hike up a little bit or skip the next feature. and if theres a lot of people there you cant keep a line going, so you have to work around it.

there is a definite line between skiers and snowboarder setups though. take the rainbow for example. horrible lip for skiers, its not hittable. its fine for boarders though.

I didn't try the rainbow so I dunno, you are definitely right though, it throws the usual hikable dynamic of freedom out the window, there is no way to hike and I hope people don't. I don't want to see it on a weekend. They could have eliminated one set of features and spread it all out a little bit. We didn't take the freedpom lift up the first time, we came off the merry widow lift and took sitznak over and when you hang that right hand turn and see how much snow they have and how many features they have, my jaw dropped. they have completely regraded the trail at points it has to be 15 feet deep of snow.

Oh, and they left the rome pre-mature jibulation setup above the lodge, that whole setup is gnarly. I kind of wish they would pull out the rail after the snowbox though, I want to 180 to 180 it, but I don't have enough confidence to land on that rail after that gap, I don't understand how you line up for it if you can't see it the whole time. Boulder Park is unbelievable.

alright well i went the past couple days and i thoguht it was just the snow that was slow and shit but i was kidna wrong with that... everyhting seems to be built on an upslope and your speed takes a big hit... if the snow is real fast it might actually be a good time

yeah the barrels are still on the qp, it had a real nice transition yesterday. i wish visibility would have been better for the jumps on boulder.

papa, word on the street is steve's coming back up next weekend and bringin tom with, can you confirm? kev and i both have off saturday so i think we should be there.

Here he is again folks... complaining... and oh yea... thats funny you say this cause i would stop after some of the features and i was fine hitting them, for once someone has a park that you can consistantly flow through on the features and all you can do is nit pick about nonsense. Stop b**ching, or just do us all a favor, and quit skiing

Here he is again folks... complaining... and oh yea... thats funny you say this cause i would stop after some of the features and i was fine hitting them, for once someone has a park that you can consistantly flow through on the features and all you can do is nit pick about nonsense. Stop b**ching, or just do us all a favor, and quit skiing

way to just join the MB and bash on a established member. :wrench::glare:

yeah the barrels are still on the qp, it had a real papa, word on the street is steve's coming back up next weekend and bringin tom with, can you confirm? kev and i both have off saturday so i think we should be there.

maybeeeeeeeeeee a 4bi9 shoot. pm me.... you know where.

Edited by Papasteeze