Quick TR for 12/26

Ski

Props to Sno for making snow on Xmas night! We skied from about 2 to 4:30pm and while it was a little busier, there were no lines and most runs were pretty empty. I ran into Mike Piccoletti and his friend Lurker Keith and we took a run down Cannonball and Boomer. I don't know if Mike can air like Nick and Sean, but I was surprised at just how well Mike rips---def should stop wasting his time in the park and start racing.

Anyway, the few hours of new snowmaking really helped to cover most of the small stones kicked up by groomers. The snow conditions were a little different on every run, pretty much a product of the crazy weather we recently had, with fog and rain heaviest up top. The NF runs are holding up well, while Whistler was the best slope up top.

It's pretty amazing that during the holiday week you can stand at the top of a black diamond and have the entire slope to yourself.

Nice report..How is Sno making money??

Low overhead is a big part of it, Doug. Do you remember a CB thread a long time ago...something about one of the former CB board of director members being arrested for tax fraud and a local paper had disclosed that each of the eight or nine directors each took something like a $100,000 annual salary? CB had nearly a million dollars being taken right off the top...one of the many expenses Sno doesn't incur. Plus, it's just such a smaller operation.

Yay, I am so happy to hear they made snow!! Can't wait to get out there tomorrow after work.

Also, in order for Sno to make more money, I am going to commit myself to drinking more at the bar there after skiing. We all have to do our part.

I look forward to seeing you pound shots. I will be seriously egging you on, in case you didn't know.

Won't you be taking the shots with me?? Don't you want to help the owners make money?

Also, a PASR day at Sno post-New Years is a must. But let's wait til we get the whole mountain open...

A PASR day at Sno would be awesome, but how long is it going to take to open the whole place. I haven't been up there yet thanks to boulder's $10 wednesdays and the whole Christmas thing.

Won't you be taking the shots with me?? Don't you want to help the owners make money?

Also, a PASR day at Sno post-New Years is a must. But let's wait til we get the whole mountain open...

I have this thing about watching girls get drunk while I'm sober...it's like the universe reverses from what was happening over the last two decades.

A PASR day at Sno would be awesome, but how long is it going to take to open the whole place. I haven't been up there yet thanks to boulder's $10 wednesdays and the whole Christmas thing.

72 hours of cold. They just have the left side to go, which is a lot of acreage, but a pretty straightforward job. But $10 tickets to BB got you, Schif? Slut :o

Might be able to do a PASR weekend up there. I have a house on Lake Wallenpaupak that some ppl could stay at for a night if interested. Its about 40 mins from the mountain

Zonked, Missy, Melissa, and 'Kitten are staying at my place.

Hey ski,

i figured i might as well join the forum, now i have something to do when i get home from skiing.

Thanks for the poles, we actually managed to get half way home and then realize we left them under a bull dozer :banghead (mikes fault of course :rolleyes: , so it took a little longer to get home.

all in all tho great day of skiing

PS. hello all

Hey ski,

i figured i might as well join the forum, now i have something to do when i get home from skiing.

Thanks for the poles, we actually managed to get half way home and then realize we left them under a bull dozer :banghead (mikes fault of course :rolleyes: , so it took a little longer to get home.

all in all tho great day of skiing

PS. hello all

Welcome to PASR! Nothing like digging around under a bulldozer in the dark.

Everyone has them... Geez ski, get with the program...

And at my house we can all cuddle up in front of the warm fireplace or shoot some pool. ;)

Well, we have a fireplace and four of my wife's cats to shoot. Beat that.

velvet vibrating rotating water beds...of course people still have them

I'm obviously missing out.

It's kinda weird that Doug knows my warm up trick for most jumps is a 5 lol... anyways Zonked can stay over my house.

And im sorry to say this ski, but I think Sean quit skiing again probably because im the only person he wants to ride with, and I don't get to ride much anymore because of work.

It's kinda weird that Doug knows my warm up trick for most jumps is a 5 lol... anyways Zonked can stay over my house.

And im sorry to say this ski, but I think Sean quit skiing again probably because im the only person he wants to ride with, and I don't get to ride much anymore because of work.

Im just not gonna go up until I feel like it. Skiing sucks so much anymore because everyone at Sno is a tool.

Im just not gonna go up until I feel like it. Skiing sucks so much anymore because everyone at Sno is a tool.
Ya I understand that. And plus with this weather your not missing out on much. Hopefully it will get better next week if they start blowing from this weekend on.