Buckman's KOP Rail Jam Registration

johnnypowder

• 2 weeks later...

B) Ok here's an update:

83 registered as of this morning (includes 62 boarders & 13 skiers)

Online Registration will close when we reach 100 or 2/15/08 whichever is first.

If we reach 100 online, there will NOT be any on-site registration

(unless we decide we want to fill out the Grommet and Female divisions)

We have 100% confirmation that JJ Thomas, Erik Leines and Hana Beaman will be coming.

Still have 90% confirmation that Keir Dillon and Bjorn Leines are coming.

For you skiers, I just got word and it's 90% confirmed that Atomic is bringing :bowDaron Rahlves.

For the spectators we will have 20+ vendor tents, 4 radio stations doing appearances throughout the day and loads of giveaways.

Snowboarding Legend Mike Estes will be our MC for the day and DJ YoungBigMike will be pumping out the tunes. :band

Come check it out!

Competitor Check In 1:00pm - 2:30pm

Practice starts at 1:30pm

First Heat begins at 3:00pm

Finals should start around 7:00pm

Awards will be around 8:00pm

As I type I'm standing in Union Square, NYC at the Union Square Street Sessions rail jam. All I can say is wow! But at the same time I think we could give them a run for their money.

As an amateur event I think we will be about the best urban jam around. I am so stoked about our event.

Looking for some quality riders to throw down big.

See you on the 23rd!

so snowboarders get people like keir dillon and the leines brothers... and skiers get darron rahlves? not to knock his ability as a skier, but he doesnt exactly seem like the type to join in on the railjam and throw down along side all of us like the guys on the snowboard side of things.

so snowboarders get people like keir dillon and the leines brothers... and skiers get darron rahlves? not to knock his ability as a skier, but he doesnt exactly seem like the type to join in on the railjam and throw down along side all of us like the guys on the snowboard side of things.

hey debbie downer, why don't you just be stoked that there's a legit railjam in our area with a 1500 purse for skiers. props for gettin at least someone on the skiing side of things, even if he's not a "rail skier"

hey debbie downer, why don't you just be stoked that there's a legit railjam in our area with a 1500 purse for skiers. props for gettin at least someone on the skiing side of things, even if he's not a "rail skier"

I was talking to a Squaw Valley skier Miles Honen and coincidently somehow we got off on the subject of the Honda Tour and Darron Rahlves, he said he hit the park with Darron and he does slide, switch and 270's off of boxes. Btw Miles is 14 yo.

I have also heard Bode that Bode throws 360's off of jumps, but thats not first hand info.

While i can't guarantee that Daron is going to throwdown on the rails - i know he loves to!

If you have been following him at all since he "retired" from racing you will find that he is tearing up the skier cross circuit, is all about free skiing and he loves jumping in the park when he gets the chance.

His pretty impressive resume includes 3 time Olympian and Super G World Champion. Oh yeah, and he is the reigning Skier X champion from X-Games 12!

Not your typical rail rider but for the masses he is a big name!