Okemo help

Saurus

I am heading up next weekend with my school for a 3 day ski trip to okemo. I was wondering what there is to do after 4 when the mountain closes. Thankssss

Okemo sucks, I just went there for a week. Super crowded and nothing really good to ride (other than decent parks). Also they groomed most of the pow after the storm, they only left 10 or so ungroomed. Theres a small town (ludlow) that you can probably find something to do in. other than that, not much. check out darkside, its a sick shop.

northwestern is also a dope shop.

its pretty much your standard ski town. general stores and a few pizza places. alcohol and pizza is pretty much it. thats really all you need anyway.

and i dont think okemo sucks. they dont groom a lot of stuff and when they do they dont push it out. so you end up with lots of rollers that are fun to play on. its a cool mountain.

crowds do get bad but its still fun, parks get very good as the year goes on, big booters, and nice rails.

i am talking to a friend who is up there now and he said he had 2 of his best days skiing so far this year and in past years on the 31 and 1 when they got close to 2ft of snow. Just gotta look around for things

I used to think Okemo was good/decent until this last trip. One trip there and its enough for me. All the terrain feels the same and theres nothing too steep there. The parks are good though, when they get enough snow to build them up. The crowds suck though.

You were at a mountain in VT surrounded by condos and houses Christmas week and it was crowded?

Who would have thought? :confused

When are you going to VT next not expecting any crowds, Presidents or MLK weekend? :tinfoil:

sexkitten, I was there Dec. 6 & 7. Myself and 3 friends were the only ones riding the Jackson Gore Quad for the last 2 hrs!

Packed powder with 3 inches of fresh on top! If you like Blue Cruisers, you'll love Okemo. And if you like being pampered, you'll love the Jackson Gore Inn. Have fun and give us a report.

You were at a mountain in VT surrounded by condos and houses Christmas week and it was crowded?

Who would have thought? :confused

When are you going to VT next not expecting any crowds, Presidents or MLK weekend? :tinfoil:

sexkitten, I was there Dec. 6 & 7. Myself and 3 friends were the only ones riding the Jackson Gore Quad for the last 2 hrs!

Packed powder with 3 inches of fresh on top! If you like Blue Cruisers, you'll love Okemo. And if you like being pampered, you'll love the Jackson Gore Inn. Have fun and give us a report.

YAYYYYYYY!!!!! I AM GETTING SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

Sorry for shouting but I can't wait.

Okemo is a fun mountain, not overly hard, but a fun mountain. The woods are fun, Loose Spruce, Forest Bump and Super Nova. If you get a dump or want to avoid crowds, head down to Magic, about 15 miles south, MRG of Southern VT.

south peak lift line is a lot of fun too. i dont think its really what the kitten is looking for, but with some snow and some speed, there's a couple fun launches/rollers/drops on that run.

south peak lift line is a lot of fun too. i don't think its really what the kitten is looking for, but with some snow and some speed, there's a couple fun launches/rollers/drops on that run.

I'm intermediate (on a good day) so Okemo sounds like it's going to be great for me. We did Killington last year and I hung on all the Blues and a Black or two but I can't say it wasn't work a good bit of the time. I have some trouble with varying conditions which would be easy to work on if I skied more. Oh well. It was a good time though!