Pros and Cons of Sno MTN

publicenemy666

Lets try a more peaceful discussion on the ups and downs of snow mtn.

ill start, Sno mtn is better than Mountain Creek because there arent as many boarders

thats a good way to start a peaceful discussion, calling out snowboarders.... :banghead

not so much calling out boarders right away, but ragging on other areas right of the bat. dude you didnt even list anything constructive. sounds like you just want a thread to bash stuff in.

too bad for you that if snow keeps making improvements the boarders will come back. the montage days scared most away. then all the trails will be scrapped off for you to bitch about.

Pro's - not crowded, good snow most of the time, varied terrain, lots of good plans, NASTAR.

Con's - a lift that never runs, trails that are really nice but you can't use without a hike up hill, poor execution of all the new plans.

Will Long Haul run this year???

We should follow Taos and ban their ass forever ..... :confused

The ban at Taos ends March 19th of this year. Really.

Will Long Haul run this year???

Yep, as soon as the slopes over there are open. The upside to it not running much last year was amazing skiing on Lower Fast Track and Lower Runaway.

Pros: Best snowmaking system in PA. (Why aren't they 100% open yet?) No crowds even on holiday weekends. Nice black diamonds separate from the rest of the mountain. Nice variety of terrain. The trash barrel under the Phoebe lift.

Cons: No High Speed lift. High lift ticket prices. No deals or special days for seniors, college kids, Sun. night skiing or for ANYTHING. Smallest discount in the PRPS program with no night ticket offered. $3.00 lockers. Poor lodge location. Bad lighting.

Tried to make the pros = cons, but I haven't been there yet this year and other than the beer prices, I don't think any of the cons have changed. Is the ski check free now or still $3.00?

Edited by trackbiker

Not to be the voice of Sno, but the ski check is now free; passholders lost all food discounts and the free lift ticket with each season pass purchase, although the new owner throws an awesome free end of season party that blows away CB's; part of the reason they didn't blow on the left side was because there were so few ticket sales---no crowds to spread out---but mostly because they've been trying to get the lazy river covered; a new high speed quad is in the plans; they are SLOWLY replacing the old lights---I only count five new one's so far; plans for a walkway into the second floor of the lodge is in the works. Where the old stairs were is somehow supposed to become mini golf, but I can't imagine how that's supposed to work.

Okay, that's all I've heard.

Not to be the voice of Sno, but the ski check is now free; passholders lost all food discounts and the free lift ticket with each season pass purchase, although the new owner throws an awesome free end of season party that blows away CB's; part of the reason they didn't blow on the left side was because there were so few ticket sales---no crowds to spread out---but mostly because they've been trying to get the lazy river covered; a new high speed quad is in the plans; they are SLOWLY replacing the old lights---I only count five new one's so far; plans for a walkway into the second floor of the lodge is in the works. Where the old stairs were is somehow supposed to become mini golf, but I can't imagine how that's supposed to work.

Thanks for the update. We all know they had their hands full with the water park project this past summer. But it's still good to hear what's going on with the ski area improvements. A few lights here and there to eliminate some dark spots should still make a noticable improvement on some trails until they update the whole lighting system.

plans for a walkway into the second floor of the lodge is in the works. Where the old stairs were is somehow supposed to become mini golf, but I can't imagine how that's supposed to work.

What second floor?

Where the old stairs were is going to be the end of zip rider. There is a stake in the ground at the top that say end zip rider.

Pros: Great Terrain, I ski there, Low crowds, Good Snow quality, Nice deck on the lodge, Whistler finally being open.

Cons: The stupid tent that takes up over half of the area in front of the lodge, the removal of the stairs, The overly cartoonish marketing and graphics, No brochure (mostly because I collect trail maps for my wall), only having the current terrain finished at this point when they have such an extensive snowmaking system.

What second floor?

Where the old stairs were is going to be the end of zip rider. There is a stake in the ground at the top that say end zip rider.

when they renovate the lodge they are adding a second floor walkway from the parking lot to 2nd story of the lodge

Pro's: *bigest* In most of our backyards!!! Its right there! haha; Ok terrain; They are learning, keeping up with trends, more kids are skiing park, they expand their park...; still have awesome steeps; no crowds; terrain park not TO backed up sometimes; some really cool, respective people ski nd ride up there, did i mention close to home?

Cons: Small mountain, lodge isent to impressive still, thought there was going to be more shit this year, SHITTY LIGHTING! OMG!

Pros: They have a nice plan in place for the mountain.

Con: They may be bitting off more than they can chew too quickly. (It should be great when all is complete though).

Also the way they count trails is a bit crazy. Mainline is now counted as 2 trails since they have a terrain park there. Nordic shouldn't even be counted. It's the top of the mountain.

I forgot to mention lighting as a con but most people picked up on it. Has anyone noticed that Whistler doesn't actually have any of its own lights?

Melissa referred to it as a dark alley, which was pretty accurate. IDK, the made a big deal about switching out the lights and even had a picture of a guy on a roof doing it. I wonder what the holdup is? There a new light at the top of the Boomer headwall, but it's on a timer, so it's either bright or off.

Melissa referred to it as a dark alley, which was pretty accurate. IDK, the made a big deal about switching out the lights and even had a picture of a guy on a roof doing it. I wonder what the holdup is? There a new light at the top of the Boomer headwall, but it's on a timer, so it's either bright or off.

I forgot about lights as a con also. At lkeast until they change them if they really are or not we will have to wait and see.