1/5 TR

n0xidee

Suppa suppa yall. Just got home a little bit ago from a long day at Blue Mountain the True Mountain. Left my house at 5:45, hit up Wawa, and was at the hill by 7:10 where the temp read 23 degrees in my car. Booted up and went to get my lift ticket. Windows were still closed so I waited and at 7:20ish they opened up. Got 2nd ticket and headed out and saw GahSkier. Talked to him for a little and at 7:28 we were allowed to go. Got 2nd chair by myself. Guns were blazin on all the terrain parks, sidewinder and razors. My first run was down Challenge. Saweeeet. So nice, I had to do it twice. Snow was machine packed powder. Fast but soft. Moved on to lazy mile next where there is usually nice snow. Even for the third run of the day, it was mostly hardpack, with ice even showing in some spots so I left that alone. Next I hit up paradise where the snow was alright. Got whistled at on the fourth run. I was one of the only people on the trail and they went whistle happy. Pathetic. After that hit Main Street. Snow was awesome. By far Chal and Main Street had the best snow. After hitting all four, I lapped each one a few more times. After 11 runs by myself I met up with some of my friends. Two are decent boarders, the other was a skier who wasn't that great. Around this time I saw Mbike-Mike by the ski lift, but we don't really know each other and he wasn't really near me so I didn't say anything. After 5 laps we stopped to eat. Went to the Blue Mountain Drive In. Got an omelet, toast, and some fresh sausage. Was delish.

Got back to blue around 11:15. Weather was beautiful so I took my jacket off and was a two layer player with a sweatshirt and long sleeve T. Crowds started to pick up and the conditions were shit but my friends wanted to keep skiing so I tagged along. Basically every run was skied down by this time and there were human slalom gates everywhere. Sometime in the middle I think someone was yelling to me cause I had my PASR sweatshirt on. Sorry whoever that was for not saying hi, I was a little confused. At 2:00 we peaced outta there. Got in 27 runs, with 25 coming off the six pack.

Did anyone happen to catch the helicopter taking off from the base? Yea that was from the BikerX... Guy went down in the large roller section before the table and came down way front heavy and musta done something to his neck or collarbone. He was down and out for a little while and then ski patrol (like 15 of them) got him conscious, neck braced, and carted down the hill. If I knew who he was i would send out a wish for a speedy recovery but until i do, Hopefully he recovers speedily.

Other than that, The bikerX course was ALOT more predictable (and FUNNN) to ride on than i thought. Unfortunately i thought it was double elimination format (best finish of two races gets you ahead) but it was only single elim... so i just cruised the first and only run of the course and got elimated in my first heat haha, either way it was cool, im not a 4x racer, and i'll know how to ride it next year since they don't let you do practice runs.

Other than that, i basically got an all day pass ($50 i believe) for $20 hahah the race entry was only $20 and you got a lift ticket, which as fate would have it, the lift that we were using broke down hahaha. So i sessioned the lower park, and the upper come around park till about 3 and was pretty impressed by the quality of the park now. Ripped up challenge a few times and was content with my $20 day of biking and skiing at blue haha.

I was on the quad when the helicopter was taking out the bikerx guy. It never stops freaking you out when you see that. Get better soon, Mr Bike Man.

Fun day at Blue. VERY crowded. There were a lot of characters out today, too: people in full-on gaper gear, the Asian Invasion was in full effect, and there were even some Mennonite/Amish girls skiing down Paradise in their long, blue dresses. Sweet.

GREAT morning conditions...the snow and my legs deteriorated quickly tho and left about 2 hours /13 runs after catching the 3rd or 4th chair. wierd not seeing doug there on a saturday am, guess he and chippy had other plans- tr please... no mtbr's, nastar glenn or brent, skiid solo except for a few runs showin a dude the early hidden cord stash on middle sidewinder before the park peeps rolled in, that and main st had the best snow. was the first down paradise after the groomer, so sweet but it went to sh!t quickly. you shoulda said hey nox, saw the gti there, couldnt rememeber if it was yours or bmttroubles'..mc sounds like bikercross was cool, you got some big bawlz. when i checked out the course the rollers into the table top looked like it would eat some riders for sure, i definatly got to find some vid on that since i had to leave early for house stuff...its a tossup between the early runs and the smuttynose IPA as far as hightlights of the day go - mbike out

oh yea and you know its gonna be a good day when you get called an asshole by one of the groomers on your second run.... he was halfway crossing homestretch below the falls and wanted me stop rather than just ski wide right way behind him

Edited by mbike-ski

I went to blue last night for the 1st time in 4 years and i had the worst time i have ever had snowboarding. All the kids that can barely snowboard coming inches from hitting you over and oh yeah the ice. ICE was everywhere wowww, i was expecting alot from blue because of the cold temps, but no. Park wasnt great, the battleship box was nice though

Edited by Diamond

Yeah the groomers suck. And when they come back out for the two runs they make later in the day the ski patrol freak out at ppl to move out of the way. It is possible to ski on the other side of the trail, but don't tell that to a patroler.

I went to blue last night for the 1st time in 4 years and i had the worst time i have ever had snowboarding. All the kids that can barely snowboard coming inches from hitting you over and oh yeah the ice. ICE was everywhere wowww, i was expecting alot from blue because of the cold temps, but no. Park wasnt great, the battleship box was nice though

thats why you DONT go on a saturday night. mornings are always the best at blue. i dont understand why people dont comprehend such a simple fact.

if i went on saturday night it would be just as bad you morron. You are really good at proving points, not.

Actually he is making a great point. You DID go on a Saturday night, making it not supreme conditions. If you went in the morning, it would be so much better. I think your missing the point.

1/5 was my first day at Blue and it was awesome. I rolled in around 9am (couldn't drag myself out of Philly earlier). I was really impressed with the mountain set-up and all the terrain parks. They were in great shape early on but did get a little soft in the PM. It was my first day up this year and I was kinda rusty for the first few runs.

Coverage was way better than I expected. I think their snowmaking crew does a great job.

I didn't think the crowds were bad. There was a wait sometimes for a chair but once you got on the runs there wasn't a huge crowd. I see what all the fuss is about.