montages yellow jacket guys

first off we were on the chute jumps on boomer and the guy tells us we are out of bounds and we shouldnt be in the woods. i want to know what means woods because we pass one tree and a tower gun but that aint woods. then yesterday we were building a jump on spike and the guy told us to take it down. we didnt and he saw it from the lift and he yelled. ten seconds later another yellow jacket guy came down and asked us if we wanted a shovel. these peopleare either dicks or nice and they are mostly dicks.

first off we were on the chute jumps on boomer and the guy tells us we are out of bounds and we shouldnt be in the woods. i want to know what means woods because we pass one tree and a tower gun but that aint woods. then yesterday we were building a jump on spike and the guy told us to take it down. we didnt and he saw it from the lift and he yelled. ten seconds later another yellow jacket guy came down and asked us if we wanted a shovel. these peopleare either dicks or nice and they are mostly dicks.

:confused are they the equivlient to Rangers?

these people are either dicks or nice and they are mostly dicks.

I think you got that wrong, they are mostly nice, and a few dicks...Just the nice ones leave you alone, and you don't notice them, and the dicks well spaz about everything. Least this is how it is at CB...I have it down to about 4 of the 30ish rangers that are the 'evil' ones, and the rest that don't care, and just want to ski for free :lol:

I think you got that wrong, they are mostly nice, and a few dicks...Just the nice ones leave you alone, and you don't notice them, and the dicks well spaz about everything.  Least this is how it is at CB...I have it down to about 4 of the 30ish rangers that are the 'evil' ones, and the rest that don't care, and just want to ski for free :lol:

I think its more than 4. Its seems there are a few that are either "on duty" or take it upon themselves to be "on duty" at any particular point in time. They are the ones standing at the turns looking for people to ticket. Most are just out there skiing/riding.

I HATE that! Telling a story on the CB board about a ranger doing that (and my comments to that ranger about it) actually led to us getting kicked off and starting this board...

It's really a lousy thing to do. I understand (not that I agree with) police going in ticket mode. They need to make money, stationary patrol leads to more accurate speed detection, etc. It doesn't make sense for rangers though, people are there to have fun, stop seeking out people to get in trouble. If people are really being that "bad" on the slopes you won't need to wait around for them, they will find you. I know I feel alot less comforatble riding when they are watching me, even when I'm just taking a slow relaxed cruise down a trail. It especially bothers me they target young kids. Everytime I see them ticketing someone I just want to shout "hey somebody gave you a break once", but for fear of losing my ticket I don't. :blink:

I love how I'll be blazing down a trail, pulling spins and grabs off of side hits, jumping moguls, occasionally ducking through the woods if there's enough snow, then all of a sudden a ranger comes into view and I instantly go into tight completely in control turns until I'm passed. A look over my shoulder to make sure their out of site, and normal mode kicks back in again. Its those times when you don't see them that they get you.

I do that too. As soon as rangers come into view I become a well behaved snowboarder. I'm realy paranoid too and think there going to pop out from behind trees and stuff so I'm always looking be hind me to see if there are any comming. 2 years ago me and a friend would always ride through the woods and do lots of stuff that would get us in trouble at CB. We never got cought untill one day my friend goes through that thing right after the sulivin lift that all the tourists go through and think they're cool. I saw the ranger behind him but he diden't. He only got a warning though.

Haha, well I am at the point where I can tell the 4 that will call you for 'going recklessly' down a dimond or w/e, and the other ones I just make a few turns. Hmm but no matter who it is, its always a good idea to come out of a tuck if you are in one...Cause well thats just a good idea ;)

Haha, well I am at the point where I can tell the 4 that will call you for 'going recklessly' down a dimond or w/e, and the other ones I just make a few turns.  Hmm but no matter who it is, its always a good idea to come out of a tuck if you are in one...Cause well thats just a good idea ;)

Zaldon goes down the blacks in full tuck, and passed plenty of rangers. He's not as fast as you (well, I'm pretty sure he isn't), but they didn't stop him.

gah at blue there were these two skiing rangers that practically followed me around all day, first i got caught speeding on burma (i wasn't paying attention and i mised the turn for midway), then they yell at me for "being inconciderate" on sidewinder, i was coming off the second jump, well the first jump after that stupid drop down rail, anyway i cleared it and was going pretty fast, and this old skiier was just standing about 10 feet from the landing just staring at me, and i kinda sprayed him and almost hit him so they almost punched my ticket but i got out of it. why these people go down sidewinder when they just ride off the side of jumps i don't know, it seems quite pointless.

gah at blue there were these two skiing rangers that practically followed me around all day, first i got caught speeding on burma (i wasn't paying attention and i mised the turn for midway), then they yell at me for "being inconciderate" on sidewinder, i was coming off the second jump, well the first jump after that stupid drop down rail, anyway i cleared it and was going pretty fast, and this old skiier was just standing about 10 feet from the landing just staring at me, and i kinda sprayed him and almost hit him so they almost punched my ticket but i got out of it. why these people go down sidewinder when they just ride off the side of jumps i don't know, it seems quite pointless.

Yeah, I saw an old telemark skiier in the sidewinder park. I did a double take, then tried to figure out what he was doing there. :unsure:

he threatened do it to us. the good thing was he is my friends teacher. my friend said to him mr p. come on just a warning.

Well, I'll be sure to say hi. Would that be:

Hi, Mr. Peckerhead, or

Hi, Mr. Penis

Once you put on that yellow jacket at CB or Montage--- or blue at Shawnee--- you are simply a narc in my book. UNLESS you go out of your way to be friendly to me. I met ONE cool one at Montage last year. Every other one either gave me or friends of mine a hard time.

Ski patrollers save lives. Yellow jackets are f*cking hall monitors. On black diamonds, hall monitor duties should be to redirect bunny skiers back to green circles.

And to that one particular dope camped out in the middle of Boomer's headwall to watch the kids jumping in from the woods:

"MOVE, YOU IDIOT!"

Well, I'll be sure to say hi. Would that be:

Hi, Mr. Peckerhead, or

Hi, Mr. Penis

Once you put on that yellow jacket at CB or Montage--- or blue at Shawnee--- you are simply a narc in my book. UNLESS you go out of your way to be friendly to me. I met ONE cool one at Montage last year. Every other one either gave me or friends of mine a hard time.

Ski patrollers save lives. Yellow jackets are f*cking hall monitors. On black diamonds, hall monitor duties should be to redirect bunny skiers back to green circles.

And to that one particular dope camped out in the middle of Boomer's headwall to watch the kids jumping in from the woods:

"MOVE, YOU IDIOT!"

:werd

Hall monitors?!?! Oh I hate those people at school, lol. Anyway if any one on here gets the morning call newspaper there was a nice write up on ski area safety enforcements in yesterdays paper on the front page of the local section. They even had a pic of a ranger on the next page steering off traffic after a snowboard accident...and guess what 2 of the rangers that were in the report were retired state cops...I always just thought that was a rumor but I guess not.

Just seeing this now...One of the guys I rode up on the lift with the other week at blue was telemarking he wasn't real old so I don't know if he is the same guy but he said he usually goes to cb because he lives up in Tannersville, I wonder if this was ICE PINNER from the cb message board.

Its not really that all of the rangers suck. Just most of them. There are just certain people with that ranger attitude. It sucks when they put on that jacket and it reallyu comes out. If you're a cool guy normally you'll make a cool ranger. Its just about avoiding the mean ones, and letting the cool ones help you out every now and again.

I think its 16 at CB. Its kinda lame though, because you have a bunch of reponsibilities, and you have to do a bunch of training at the beginning of the season. Even after your "certified" or whatever, when you come back you still have to get trained again. Plus, if another ranger sees you screwing around they can turn you in. Not sure about montage, but I assume its a similar dea.