Booked: Colorado!!!

n0xidee

Well just booked my flight for my Spring Break trip out to Colorado. I get there March 6th at 8:32 pm, and leave on March 16th at 11:20. I will be staying with my gf in Denver so it really cuts down the cost. She also has a car that I will be able to use. :wiggle I don't know exactly which mountains I will hit but most likely I will do a variety such as Winter Park, Keystone, Copper, Breck. Can Not Wait!!! :wiggle :wiggle

Well just booked my flight for my Spring Break trip out to Colorado. I get there March 6th at 8:32 pm, and leave on March 16th at 11:20. I will be staying with my gf in Denver so it really cuts down the cost. She also has a car that I will be able to use. :wiggle I don't know exactly which mountains I will hit but most likely I will do a variety such as Winter Park, Keystone, Copper, Breck. Can Not Wait!!! :wiggle :wiggle

I hear steamboat is super fun and breck is a real pain with traverses. Also, keystone's big attractions are the huge park features and the night skiing. Shadows said he had a real good time at loveland also.

I am staying in SE part of Denver so Steamboat is a little far. Loveland is also a possibility. I will be doing only day skiing cause my girl will be in classes all day. That way we still have night to cruise around Denver and all that other relationship stuff..... :drink::sex:cuddle: in that order.

For your first trip, definitly do the Safari thing. Plan to go to a different resort each day out.

I would do Vail, Keystone, Winter Park, Breck, Copper, in that order of priority (must see). Then either go back to see more or do another smaller resort to complete the end of the week.

Oh! I always suggest to head out as far away from the base as fast as possible and then work your way back for lunch, -this is important - Try to take an early lunch like 11am to beat the crowds and ski or ride while every one else is at lunch. Stop about 2 pm for refueling break.

Good luck!

For your first trip, definitly do the Safari thing. Plan to go to a different resort each day out.

I would do Vail, Keystone, Winter Park, Breck, Copper, in that order of priority (must see). Then either go back to see more or do another smaller resort to complete the end of the week.

Oh! I always suggest to head out as far away from the base as fast as possible and then work your way back for lunch, -this is important - Try to take an early lunch like 11am to beat the crowds and ski or ride while every one else is at lunch. Stop about 2 pm for refueling break.

Good luck!

Vail ugh

No offence but Vail is just ok, Abasin, Telluride, Crested and maybe Loveland should all be on that list and then maybe I would do Vail if I was old and liked to wear pink Bogners.

But Crested and Telluride are not day trip distance from Denver...What's wrong with Vail?? I've never skied there because I was turned off by the fact that it's such a busy place.

Apparently my reading comprehension sucks.......Vail is flat and filed with Gapers and when you add in the hassle and price (92 $) I can never understand why people flock to it. But they have East Vail, which is avy central right now and filled with noobs, but they have the back bowls which are an endless expanse of Juggernaught like flatness. 92$ ticket and a BILLION on real estate development and they cannot build a detachable quad at the bottom of Sun Down bowl?

IDK maybe I suck but there are a ton of places in CO that just plain rock and Vail doesn't, that doesn't mean that you can't have a great day their its just the odds are better somewhere else IMHO.

no offense but are you smoking rock?

vail is sick

Perhaps that would explain the lack of cash but I didn't like Vail when compared to some of the other places in Co.

That doesn't mean it sucks monkey balls just that it isn't the place for me. Deer Valley isn't Pow Mow, some people like DV and some like Pow Mow, its a matter of personal choice and with all the mountains we have everyone can find one that fits them best.

I never ski the front side at Vail - when china bowl opened I was there, when Blue sky opened I was there. The key is to ski all the way back to blue sky as fast and as early as you can in the morning. Blue sky stays un tracked well up to lunchtine (11am) even on the busy days.

Vail ugh

No offence but Vail is just ok, Abasin, Telluride, Crested and maybe Loveland should all be on that list and then maybe I would do Vail if I was old and liked to wear pink Bogners.

Vail has some of the best skiing in the front range. It also happens to be by far the largest ski area in the united states. Granted, if you stuck to the front side all day (mainly the gondola) the crowds may have left a bad taste in your mouth, but I've never heard of anyone disliking the bowls and blue sky. I have never encountered more than a 5 minute wait on the blue sky lifts (this includes weekends).

Apparently my reading comprehension sucks.......Vail is flat and filed with Gapers and when you add in the hassle and price (92 $) I can never understand why people flock to it. But they have East Vail, which is avy central right now and filled with noobs, but they have the back bowls which are an endless expanse of Juggernaught like flatness. 92$ ticket and a BILLION on real estate development and they cannot build a detachable quad at the bottom of Sun Down bowl?

1. back bowls are far from flat, and blue sky has some of the steepest tree skiing in Colorado.

2. Vail wanted to put a detachable at the bottom of sundown but the locals fought it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

breck is cold, windy, busy, and flat. the only reason i could see going there is if you have a hotel booked and are looking for nightlife. i'd goto abasin during the day/key at night (wed-sat only), copper, or winter park. oh, and vail is a tourist trap.

So I leave in 15 hours. So stoked. I'll be at A-Basin tomorrow(friday) and I am pretty sure Glenn will be joining me. Looks like they have been getting some freshness for the last few days so hopefully we can find some untracked areas.

Also I might hit up Copper instead of Breck cause of how bad everyone says Breck is. Any advice will be appreciated. I have all weekend to decide where I will be going.