22 FOOT PIPE

fleaguy

Edit: I had a bunch of stuff written about why I do what I do, but honestly I don't care. I used to, but I really shouldn't be a mod anymore. I really think MB's do the best with almost no moderation, especially if they have an established user base. I'm here to hang out with friends now, and share what I know about PA and leaving it. I don't care if there are flame wars. They are entertaining to read, and join in, but it doesn't bother me like it used to that people don't get along. It doesn't bother me that people call out other peoples kids, it just makes me think less of them.

It is what it is. Maybe things will change and someone else will moderate the way you want them to, but I think I'm done with it for now.

That's actually an amazing form of moderating, Glenn. I won't expound...but it is. And it is what it is.

So, back to the CB forum at hand..

Wy is the pipe only 270 long? They stole all the snow from the jumps and have had 3 months to blow enough. It reminds me exactly of all the hype about the 13 footer at CB last year. What is the pitch of the pipe anyhow?

BTW PA does have an awesome superpipe, at Seven Springs.

Is anyone from this area entered for the Revolution Tour on March 1st?

Edit: I had a bunch of stuff written about why I do what I do, but honestly I don't care. I used to, but I really shouldn't be a mod anymore. I really think MB's do the best with almost no moderation, especially if they have an established user base. I'm here to hang out with friends now, and share what I know about PA and leaving it. I don't care if there are flame wars. They are entertaining to read, and join in, but it doesn't bother me like it used to that people don't get along. It doesn't bother me that people call out other peoples kids, it just makes me think less of them.

It is what it is. Maybe things will change and someone else will moderate the way you want them to, but I think I'm done with it for now.

Sorry to bring this off-topic again, but I just wanted to get this in. When it comes to moderation, I think when this board started we really wanted to keep things clean and civil and now, as Glenn said, it's entertaining to read and at least it lets you know who the real assholes are outside the board. As far as people not liking the board, I couldn't care less, it's not for everyone. I've said it many times, I'm not trying to make money off the site, and I haven't looked at traffic statistics all winter. I just want people to have a place to hang out. If people stopped posting tomorrow, I'd shut it down and wouldn't look back. I don't think the board needs to be moderated with an iron fist, and people just need to learn to deal with each other. Moderation should be reserved for flagrant disregard of rules, or illegal activity. Anywho, Glenn has asked to be removed as a moderator, and that will be done shortly.

With that... that's a big ol' mound of snow.

So, back to the CB forum at hand..

Wy is the pipe only 270 long? They stole all the snow from the jumps and have had 3 months to blow enough. It reminds me exactly of all the hype about the 13 footer at CB last year. What is the pitch of the pipe anyhow?

BTW PA does have an awesome superpipe, at Seven Springs.

Is anyone from this area entered for the Revolution Tour on March 1st?

I know mark specher is.

I'm with Glenn and Toast.

1) Don't moderate this shit, I made a huge mistake as a moderator once deleting a really bad comment by one person and not the response by another person, which made the 2nd look like an asshole. The problem was it was a discussion board for a school and they where all friends so it spilled over to the real world. Just leave all the comments unless its like a picture of tubgirl or something you know? We can filter through it, there aren't many kids on here anyway, unless you count a 13 year old as a kid and at that point, they've heard worse.

2) Seriously? Why do all the Sno threads degenerate so much? It IS the new CB forum, but not even the PASR one, the Camelback official one that would always turn into CAMBELBACK SUCKS! NO IT DOESN'T! YOU SUCK! YOUR MOM SUCKS! YOUR MOM'S FACE SUCKS! <Ban>

Yea but back to that pipe, short is bad, but I'd be worried about the wall vert and the snow consistancy. If I had a choice between a 500 foot pipe that I could get 6 or 7 shitty hits or a 300 foot pipe where I got 3 or 4 great hits, I'd take the short one EVERY day.

so did anybody actually see this thing? was it open? how long did it turn out to be? anybody hit it? with all the hype there is nothing posted about it and i'm kinda curious...

Yeah, dead silence :confused It was open and people were hitting it. The roller to drop in from seemed plenty steep and a few people were airing out of it. They added about 75' right before they cut it, although it still seems kind of short. Longer than any pipe I've ever seen, though.

so did anybody actually see this thing? was it open? how long did it turn out to be? anybody hit it? with all the hype there is nothing posted about it and i'm kinda curious...

Yeah it was open and Yeah I hit it. Its about 280'. Run in is fine as well. Looks a little rough in pictures but the planet guys wanted it to get ski'd out a little before cutting it a bunch more and making it perfect. Just working the kinks out.

Ha ha... the pipe was fine other than the fact that the side of the pipe facing the sun got warm and sticky towards the end of the day.... This caused me to air out and land at the bottom of the pipe blowing out my knee and takin a ride with ski patrol!! Once they groom it again, it should be fine. There were only about 3-4 people up there actually getting out of the pipe...

Ha ha... the pipe was fine other than the fact that the side of the pipe facing the sun got warm and sticky towards the end of the day.... This caused me to air out and land at the bottom of the pipe blowing out my knee and takin a ride with ski patrol!! Once they groom it again, it should be fine. There were only about 3-4 people up there actually getting out of the pipe...

sjb....sorry to hear about your knee! I think you may have set the record as the first casualty in the 22 footer!!!!

I heard about a knee injury about noon.

I hope it's not too serious and you're back in there soon! ;)

good luck to all the competitors in this weekends 22 foot halfpipe event.

Since I believe this is an official F.I.S. event, I would imagine that all the boarders will be the best of the best with plenty of experience in half pipes at other mountains. I would love to hear their comments on the condition of the pipe at Sno Mountain compared to other venues they have ridden.

This isn't an invitation to the immature, childish Sno Mountain haters, but to the professionals that ride for a living.

Personally, I don't board but I do ski there, and hope they do well in their first attempt at an event of this magnitude.

remember.....RESPECT ;)

• 11 months later...