22 FOOT PIPE

fleaguy

I'm not sure that's true, Glenn. It's certainly possible, but I vaguely recall a SAM article where the 'five timers' picked HSQ way down on their list of priorities. Food, lodging, easy access, and a dozen other things came first. It seem to recall thinking the list was upside down.

On a destination trip I would say thats true. I would say the vast majority of Pocono Resorts get their business from people who day trip it. Lodging is negligable, and access has alot more to do with location of the customers (big cities) than airport distance and bus/train availability. Food may be a factor, but if you spend the day at the resort and leave in time for dinner you can eat anywhere along your way home.

Point taken on doubling tickets sales though.

Alright, well i was up at sno today and was EXTREMELY disappointed. The parks were a joke, and very poorly maintained. The 13' pipe was choppy and in desperate need of a cutting. You guys are putting all of your efforts into this 22' pipe and are ignoring the rest of the mountain. Don't get me wrong, i would love a 22' pipe but realistically its not going to bring in that many people. I would much rather a bunch of very well kept jibs and jumps than a 22' pipe that nobody will be able to ride except for a select few. Also, with a ton of new rails, why do you guys put up the least favorable. Everyone that I ride with would much rather some nice down rails and boxes than picnic tables and seperate boxes that are put together in a terrible fashion. Honestly, why do you resort to putting multiple boxes together when there are plenty of good ones in the boneyard. The jumps in both parks are so bad. On spike, the now only jump, is in the worst condition i've ever seen it in the past 2 seasons. It is impossible to get enough speed for it, especially since there is constantly uphill wind on Spike. And what do you call that mound of snow with a lip on mainline. No matter how slow you go, you overshoot it. I can honestly say that today was the only day i skied the north face all night. It was actually pretty good, but it was very icy in some spots from people snow plowing. Please put some effort into the rest of the mountain instead of putting 100% concentration on the pipe, which will only last so long, unless properly maintained (which i doubt it will be). A few decent rails would be nice, instead of the average picnic table and flat down box.

wow you guys are retarded. I just said it was a little icy, i wasn't complaining, just saying how the conditions were. You all have to get your thumbs out of your asses and stop being little bitches about everything park rats say.

I can honestly say that today was the only day i skied the north face all night. It was actually pretty good, but it was very icy in some spots from people snow plowing.

how is that complaining?

yes...it WILL be much longer!

I believe it's only 2/3 done on the one side and 1/2 done on the other.

Also...it's located on the headwall...so it will have plenty off steepness.

But of course if you don't believe me...what can I say?

But for those that saw the pipe (in it's unfinished form) first hand.....my original statement still stands....

HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN SO MUCH SNOW IN THE POCONO'S?

ps...please don't tell anyone....we enjoy having our private, uncrowded little playground all to ourselves!

How many of you have seen a real super pipe? I mean an X-Games type super pipe? And I mean not on TV.

The ones I've seen have been on black diamond steep slopes. You really can't see how steep they really are on TV.

A 22' half pipe on the upper mountain at Sno is a waste of time and snowmaking. You won't even be able to make it to the top of the pipe, never mind get any air out of it.

Put up all the "hater" emoticons you want. That's just physics. It would have to be on the North Face to get any air out that thing. When it's done, put up some videos of people getting 10' of air out it and I'll be the first person to say I was wrong.

Bottom line; the new ownership is trying hard, and spending a lot of money. But I'll bet a season pass that there is new ownership by 2014. Any takers?

http://www.zauggamerica.com/resort/pipegroomers/pipe.shtml

Pretty cool interactive part of the zaugg website. It walks you through the dimensions you need for it. Interesting part, and has to do with what trackbiker was talking about, was that for the 22 foot pipe, they reccomend an 18 to 19 degree slope.

So I was up at sno yesterday.... I was bored skiing the 1 jump and shitty rail setup, so i went to the 13' half pipe they have up now... That thing is the worst groomed half pipe i have ever seen. I skied down each side of the deck looking for decent hits, and there was not one hit that was vert on the entire half pipe.... I just thought that this was pretty funny due to the fact that sno is now making a 22' half pipe.... I have tried to refrain from posting replys that bashed on sno, but this is just rediculous. Who the hell is grooming that thing, has anyone grooomed it since initially grooming it??

Hope things improve!!

So I was up at sno yesterday.... I was bored skiing the 1 jump and shitty rail setup, so i went to the 13' half pipe they have up now... That thing is the worst groomed half pipe i have ever seen. I skied down each side of the deck looking for decent hits, and there was not one hit that was vert on the entire half pipe.... I just thought that this was pretty funny due to the fact that sno is now making a 22' half pipe.... I have tried to refrain from posting replys that bashed on sno, but this is just rediculous. Who the hell is grooming that thing, has anyone grooomed it since initially grooming it??

Hope things improve!!

blue's groomers must be working overtime at different resorts :ph34r:

How many of you have seen a real super pipe? I mean an X-Games type super pipe? And I mean not on TV.

The ones I've seen have been on black diamond steep slopes. You really can't see how steep they really are on TV.

A 22' half pipe on the upper mountain at Sno is a waste of time and snowmaking. You won't even be able to make it to the top of the pipe, never mind get any air out of it.

Put up all the "hater" emoticons you want. That's just physics. It would have to be on the North Face to get any air out that thing. When it's done, put up some videos of people getting 10' of air out it and I'll be the first person to say I was wrong.

Bottom line; the new ownership is trying hard, and spending a lot of money. But I'll bet a season pass that there is new ownership by 2014. Any takers?

100% correct about everything. They need a designated trail for just pipe and a northface run.

So on the sno mtn website, they say that today is the grand opening of the 22' pipe!! Is this bullshit or is it somehow true?

Your looking at the calendar page? This was the projected opening date back at the beginning of the season. It says this on the conditions page:

"Loki's is terrain park is open and work continues for the 22' half pipe!!! Snowmaking continued on all trails last night and will continue around the clock as weather permits."

I think I'd rely more on a conditions page than an old calendar.