Blow more snow

bigdaddyk

I brought up the jfbb site at work and had it all ready to plug in, and didn't yet..

I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger for some reason...

Money wise it makes complete sense...

I'm just having a hard time commiting to it for a few reasons...

1) JF is 115 miles from my house.... Blue is 89miles

2) I have so much fun skiing with the Blue PASR crew.. it really makes it so much better for me and I feel like I'd be missing out on it.

3) I ski on weekend mornings most of the time.. Blue opens at 7:30am and JF opens at 8am added to the extra 30 minutes it takes me to get home means that I either leave earlier (see #4) or I stick the wife by herself with our kids for longer.

4) Lift speed means I'm spending more time to get the same amount of runs in (vert aside although you could add that to it)

I might just be making excuses now... I really want to just buy the damn pass as it makes the most sense cost wise and for my son to be able to ski as well at least 6 times (4 free passes + 2 wmmr days) not to mention that JFBB will more than likely open before anywhere else, and close the latest as well.. I just need to get on and do it...lol

3) I ski on weekend mornings most of the time.. Blue opens at 7:30am and JF opens at 8am added to the extra 30 minutes it takes me to get home means that I either leave earlier (see #4) or I stick the wife by herself with our kids for longer.

4) Lift speed means I'm spending more time to get the same amount of runs in (vert aside although you could add that to it)

JF doesn't get as crowded as Blue, so that half hour late won't make a differnce. I can get the same amount of runs in at JF as I can at Blue, in the same amount of time, since the runs are shorter at JF.

I guess you can now officially call me a JFBB season pass holder.

I can get over the slower lifts, I can deal with the extra gas and drive time...

I will however SERIOUSLY miss the good times skiing with the Blue Mtn. PASR's

I'll definitely need to make a few trips there for that reason alone...

• 3 weeks later...
What's their incentive..they're closing in two weeks..

the incentive is to provide optimal skiing conditions for customers so that they buy season passes next year - or - at least come back again - in March. I was at "another mountain" on closing and they had the snow guns on nearest the lodge and the parking lot just to show patrons that they would blow at every chance.

the incentive is to provide optimal skiing conditions for customers so that they buy season passes next year - or - at least come back again - in March. I was at "another mountain" on closing and they had the snow guns on nearest the lodge and the parking lot just to show patrons that they would blow at every chance.

Well whoever is in charge of that mountain must hate making a profit. Running the guns is super expensive and to turn them on at this point in the year is not only foolish, but really just like pissing in the wind.

Well whoever is in charge of that mountain must hate making a profit. Running the guns is super expensive and to turn them on at this point in the year is not only foolish, but really just like pissing in the wind.

"that mountain" makes a hefty profit year after year. Their business people are astute enough to realize that perception = reality in the minds of their customer base. The fact that they had a couple of guns lit up on closing day was simply a calculated business decision that supported a very positive perception.

"that mountain" makes a hefty profit year after year. Their business people are astute enough to realize that perception = reality in the minds of their customer base. The fact that they had a couple of guns lit up on closing day was simply a calculated business decision that supported a very positive perception.

Blue made snow last night on a ton of trails. why? probably to keep conditions good. did they need to? no because they have a big enough base.

If that works for them, then more power to 'em! That perception=reality move cost them multiple thousands of dollars. If I were a season passholder there I would want them to explain why they are wasting money which in turn drives the price of my pass up. My .02 worth.

If that works for them, then more power to 'em! That perception=reality move cost them multiple thousands of dollars. If I were a season passholder there I would want them to explain why they are wasting money which in turn drives the price of my pass up. My .02 worth.
You do make a good point - however - my .02: I would think that JF would want to engage a long term strategy to both attract future season pass holders, and remain competitive in a difficult, at best - "flat" market. Blowing snow on closing day is just an illustrative example of a long term "perception" issue. Cleaning up the woods so you can ride/ski them without wrecking your equipment is a good thing. Ditto with appealling to a younger market, aggressive group sales etc. JFBB doesn't have big vertical, so it's the "extras" that would seperate JFBB from Sno, Blue, Elk, and others. Thanks,

Whatever the facts are, :dunno

I just want Big Boulder to blow snow so they can keep the parks open for as long as possible. :wub::)

I'll be hitting BB tomorrow and Sunday and I can't wait to get back up there. :rock

Don't worry...Boulder Park will be open as long as people keep coming. When it does close, keep in mind that it closed because nobody was spending any money there anymore. So when you throw your grill up in the parking lot don't complain when the park closes. There is enough snow in each of the three jumps to keep that park open as long as desired. The Plaza right now is the sickest park in the east. There are 8 awesome hits there that are setup better than anything else around. Everywhere else I went this season didn't have that many quality hits in a long run much less in a small area such as The Plaza.

Edited by fluffy

You do make a good point - however - my .02: I would think that JF would want to engage a long term strategy to both attract future season pass holders, and remain competitive in a difficult, at best - "flat" market. Blowing snow on closing day is just an illustrative example of a long term "perception" issue. Cleaning up the woods so you can ride/ski them without wrecking your equipment is a good thing. Ditto with appealling to a younger market, aggressive group sales etc. JFBB doesn't have big vertical, so it's the "extras" that would seperate JFBB from Sno, Blue, Elk, and others. Thanks,

The open terrain policy is what seperates JF from the others for me. If it wasn't for that it probably couldn't compare to Blue Elk CB Sno etc. As long as they have that JF will remain my home mt.