2008 Chevrolet Revolution Tour @ Sno 2/22-24th. Who's going? Lodging, food, nightlife, etc?

TT C6

http://www.snowboard-revolution.com/news/2...r-Schedule.html

I met Sno's park manager at the Buckman's Rail Jam yesterday and he convinced me to check out Sno for the Chevy Revolution Tour this weekend.

I have a season's pass at Big Boulder and I never really go anywhere else other than BB and Vermont,

but I thought the competition was a good reason to check out Sno.

I've never been to Sno,

so I'd appreciate any advice on lodging, restaurants, nightlife, etc.

I don't know what the event schedule is yet,

but I'd like to find out what's going on up there this weekend.

I hope to meet some PASR's while in town. :)

http://www.snowboard-revolution.com/news/2...r-Schedule.html

I met Sno's park manager at the Buckman's Rail Jam yesterday and he convinced me to check out Sno for the Chevy Revolution Tour this weekend.

I have a season's pass at Big Boulder and I never really go anywhere else other than BB and Vermont,

but I thought the competition was a good reason to check out Sno.

I've never been to Sno,

so I'd appreciate any advice on lodging, restaurants, nightlife, etc.

I don't know what the event schedule is yet,

but I'd like to find out what's going on up there this weekend.

I hope to meet some PASR's while in town. :)

Heh, not really any night life, as to my understandings. Nor as to any good restaurants or lodging.

My pal Ski can help you out. Hes a local.

Heh, not really any night life, as to my understandings. Nor as to any good restaurants or lodging.

My pal Ski can help you out. Hes a local.

you are the last person that should comment on night life or restaurants in Scranton. you dont live there and you dont know about night life.

Edited by toast21602

I live in the area, there are a lot of hotels at the base of the mountain. There is a lot to do around Sno to with not to far of a drive. Scranton is only 10 minutes from Sno if you jump on the highway. The Hampton inn is a great hotel, and what kind of food are you looking for?

Yeah, if you're over 21, there are plenty of choices of clubs in Scranton, including Tink's, which has four floors with different kinds of music on each. If you're over 41, there's even a disco-type club called Flashback. And Scranton is the bowling capitol of the planet.

Im guessing you met mike?

Yep.

Seemed like a cool guy.

what kind of food are you looking for?

Close to the mountain and good food for the money is what I usually look for.

My favorite food is mexican and asian.

If you are ever in the Philadelphia area,

some of the restaurants I recommend are Fogo de Chao, Capital Grill, Buddakan, Amada, PF Changs, Tequila's, and the Mexican Food Factory. :)

Edited by TT C6

Yep.

Seemed like a cool guy.

Close to the mountain and good food for the money is what I usually look for.

My favorite food is mexican and asian.

If you are ever in the Philadelphia area,

some of the restaurants I recommend are Fogo de Chao, Capital Grill, Buddakan, Amada, PF Changs, Tequila's, and the Mexican Food Factory. :)

there is Fresno's, i think it's exit 191 off 81 about 15 minutes from sno. Also there is La Tolteca in w-b down by the arena on mundy street. At the base of the access rd there is a Visitors information center, I think you can go in there and get alot of the info you are looking for.

Edited by ski HEAD

there is Fresno's, i think it's exit 191 off 81 about 15 minutes from sno. Also there is La Tolteca in w-b down by the arena on mundy street. At the base of the access rd there is a Visitors information center, I think you can go in there and get alot of the info you are looking for.

Thanks for the info. :cheers:

I actually have been to Fresno's before,

but I can't remember if it was good or not. :confused

It's across the street from a movie theater parking lot which looks down over a valley...right?

Yeah, if you're over 21, there are plenty of choices of clubs in Scranton, including Tink's, which has four floors with different kinds of music on each. If you're over 41, there's even a disco-type club called Flashback. And Scranton is the bowling capitol of the planet.

I think Tinks is closed. I may be wrong tho. But other than that.. Scranton does have a bunch of good bars. :buds:

Are the dates accurate??? 2.22-24th is in the past...lol

The tour is this weekend feb 29 march 1-2. I heard there are people calling from europe to come a compete in this event. It maybe the biggest event on the east coast right here at little old Sno Mountain....... Who would have thunk it :P:rock:bow:

I think Tinks is closed. I may be wrong tho. But other than that.. Scranton does have a bunch of good bars. :buds:

OK then. :)

If you got so many good bars up there, let me know when the "tour" begins. :lol:

I need some "tour guides" if I come up this weekend. :D

Edited by TT C6

the purse is $10,000 spread out over six stops. It equates to not alot of money for the winners per stop but the actual prize is that the top 15 riders of the tour are invited to the grand prix events next year. This tour is a must for any amatuer trying to take the next step. This tour's registration filled up within 45 minutes of opening registration in November. It's a ussa and fis sanctioned event.

I thought it would be more..like the ones on TV..does the winner get a car???

It just says 10k. I know there are different divisions, events, and overall 1-2-3 male and female. I think the big part is that it is an oylmpic qualifier, if you place in one of the tour's events it qualifys you for the USA oylmpic events. I know it is run by USSA which governs all US ski and snowboard events.

So, how about a park report ???

Specifically, I'd like to get all the details on the jumps that Sno currently has.

(tabletops, step down/up, lips, landings, size, etc)

I'd really appreciate some impartial reports because I'm hearing a lot of negative about the parks,

specifically the jumps.

Thanks.

The tour is this weekend feb 29 march 1-2. I heard there are people calling from europe to come a compete in this event. It maybe the biggest event on the east coast right here at little old Sno Mountain....... Who would have thunk it :P:rock:bow:

Uhh.. Wrong. Us Open.. In VT