Blue Mountain's first ever...

toast21602

I believe 'Kitten has that same attitude. I'm just sayin'...

I have 3 outfits so far so I might need to do a costume change or two. Everyone look out for a possible wardrobe malfunction.

I'm definitely in for Saturday. I don't have all that much gaper-ish clothes (maybe a pair of pants that are a bit too tight, though), but I am willing to wear my helmet backwards while sporting shop goggles. You never know when some random woodworking may spring up. haha

I'm bringing my extra stuff. Haha.

I will have to call around to find those Sofia Champagne cans. What is the best way to store alcohol while skiing? Fanny pack? Doesn't the alcohol get shooken (sp??) up?

Exton has the Sophia room temp and cold. BTW, if you want to know the proper way to store alcohol while skiing PM Doug. I won't totally blow up his spot but his method was pretty entertaining. I'm planning on doing my drinking in the parking lot. We tend to take a lot of breaks on Gaper Day and I need to be able to make it down the mountain so I think this is best for me. We'll be down at the lower lot so the car and therefore cooler will be right there. I'm saying screw the Summit Lodge and their $10.00 tickets!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Schifdawg (Mike)

2. Melissa (Melissa)

3. GrilledSteezeSandwich(Doug)

4. Sexkitten (Leslie)

5. Boblikescats (Bob)

6. snoskier (Jon)

7. Angry Hugo (Mike)

I will have to call around to find those Sofia Champagne cans. What is the best way to store alcohol while skiing? Fanny pack? Doesn't the alcohol get shooken (sp??) up?

You could always rock one of those old school Bota Bags:

22189576.jpg

1. I go to the beer store and buy a case of beer.

2. I put the beer in my reefer-idge-err-ate-her

3. I wake up on the morning of gaper day and put the beers in a cooler.

4. On the way to Blue I buy a bag of ice and snacks for gaper day.

5. I put ice in the cooler

6. I ski several runs by 9:00AM

7. I go to my car..pound a beer..eat some cheeze-itz..and stick a couple cold beers in my little backpack

9. I crack a beer at the bottom of the lift..

10. I'm a slow drinker so I continue to drink the beer on the run down with both poles in my other hand.

11. Around 11:00AM I stop by Sexkitten and Bobs car for a shot and offer them some beer

12. Pierogie and chicken finger time

13. Drink more beer

14..Go in the woods.. :snowpee:

15. Grill up some serious steeze..

I like the 15 step program you have going on here...like point #2 above especially... :naughty

Not sure i would be able to keep up with you guys, you seem pretty hard core. Please don't deprive us who can't make it of pictures of this event extravaganza.

1. Schifdawg (Mike)

2. Melissa (Melissa)

4. Sexkitten (Leslie)

5. Boblikescats (Bob)

6. snoskier (Jon)

7. Angry Hugo (Mike)

8. Matt (Matt)

If you plan to def. attend, please add your name to the list so we know how to look out for. (Justin??)

I think I'll get a couple of miller lite cans and some champagne cans. Questions, questions... do cans come in six-packs, and if so, are those six-packs sold at the beer distributor, or do I have to go to some other place?

Does anyone have a digital camera to capture this gapertastic event? I have a disposable camera that I need to use up, so I'll probably bring that, but disposable cameras suck.

Also, everyone should come.

So what's the plan for Saturday? Everyone meet at the top of the 6'pack at 9am?

I think it should be...

Early bird meeting: 7:15 at the lower lot

Lazy ass meeting: 9 AM at the top of the six

BTW I'll have everclear shots to share and champagne for me but I won't be drinking on the mountain if I can help it. I might also have Jager bombs... I haven't decided.

Edited by sexkitten

There's a Goodwill right by my office, so I'll hit that on the way home. I may have to break out the ol' Camelback and fill it with gin & tonics or something. This is going to be hilarious.

getting the taste of alcohol out of your tubing and bladder is hard after you put it in... especially with beer. just a warning. i know a few people that have done it and needed to get new bladders because they couldnt get the taste out and it ruined the water that they put in after.

1. Schifdawg (Mike)

2. Melissa (Melissa)

4. Sexkitten (Leslie)

5. Boblikescats (Bob)

6. snoskier (Jon)

7. Angry Hugo (Mike)

8. Matt (Matt)

9. Justin

10. Nitro8604 (Matt)

Wow, people are finally starting to rally! Let's see how many more we can recruit...

getting the taste of alcohol out of your tubing and bladder is hard after you put it in... especially with beer. just a warning. i know a few people that have done it and needed to get new bladders because they couldnt get the taste out and it ruined the water that they put in after.

hmm. good point. gonna have to get a little more creative..... may have to rock the beer can backpack.

Right now, my plan is to bring a 4-pack of chamagne (cans) and then a 6-pack of Miller Lite, cans, and if no 6-pack cans to be found, then maybe like the 18-pack or something. My biggest problem is how to store. I guess I will find a fanny pack? Maybe my cool new 80s jackets will have nifty pockets.

I am having an internal conflict as to whether I ought to use the hyphen between "xx" and "pack." Sigh.

Alrighty. Just back from Goodwill, and I scored a doozy of a jacket. Black with neon trim, about a size too small, and with some horrendous design on the back. The best $12.50 I've ever spent. I'll get pics up in the AM. I couldn't stop giggling in the store.

I just finished putting my outfit together just now and wow is it... tight and soooo gaper. One thing I was wondering though... were arms shorter back in the 70's & 80's? Every damn jacket and suit I tried had crazy short arms. Oh well the lamer it looks the better right? At least what I got comes to my wrists... sort of. I am definitely wearing a one piece and I think... wait for it... so is BOB. I can't wait.

Um, minor freak out. I went to track one of my 80s jackets (b/c it did not arrive today), and well, I see it was delivered. To RICHMOND! AH! Apparently when I updated my address in ebay, it only updated my billing address. I cannot believe this. I have two jackets, at my old apt in Richmond. Great. Okay, guess it's time for a trip to Salvation Army after work tomorrow. Thankfully I saw a couple of cool jackets there that would totally do. I cannot believe that I will now own 3 retro jackets. Great.

Um, minor freak out. I went to track one of my 80s jackets (b/c it did not arrive today), and well, I see it was delivered. To RICHMOND! AH! Apparently when I updated my address in ebay, it only updated my billing address. I cannot believe this. I have two jackets, at my old apt in Richmond. Great. Okay, guess it's time for a trip to Salvation Army after work tomorrow. Thankfully I saw a couple of cool jackets there that would totally do. I cannot believe that I will now own 3 retro jackets. Great.

I have a bunch of jackets and stuff too which I will have with me so if you aren't loving your outfit you can always shop at SK Boutique.