Blue Mountain's first ever...

toast21602

OKay, I am def. in. I have two bids going on some hot 80s belted ski jackets--one magenta, one turquoise.

I cant believe you are going to miss your first parade day in Scranton. Bars are open from 9am until 2am, and you are going to go skiing at Blue. I for one will be in the streets at the parade, and then from 2pm till sunday I will be at a 200 person party at a friends land.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, it won't be that bad SMS. I"m planning on heading to Blue in the morning (drank in the morning last week, so i dont' feel the need to do it again) and if I leave at noon when the crowds hit, i can be in the city by 1 and still have 13 hours left to drink.

I cant believe you are going to miss your first parade day in Scranton. Bars are open from 9am until 2am, and you are going to go skiing at Blue. I for one will be in the streets at the parade, and then from 2pm till sunday I will be at a 200 person party at a friends land.

I've done my fair share of drinking, especially pre-noon. I can live without going to the parade. I can always go next year if I want. Also, because of my job, I have to be careful of where I drink. It would not be a good idea for me to be around at the parade drinking I think. It would reflect poorly on my boss, which is not good:)

I hope you have a great time though:)

Also, I'd like to report on my shopping efforts today for Retro Saturday.

The first Salvation Army I went to had a fine selection of retro jacets (ladies and gents), however they lacked accessories. The second Salvation Army that I went to was closed. I went to Wal-Mart looking for some Risky Business Ray-Bans, and I found some that were okay. These are apparently not in fashion right now. Then, I went to K-Mart and found an awesome retro headband in grey and white with with silver thread woven into it.

FYI I called Blue for details this evening and they said "you have to go to the Summit Lodge to get the $10.00 and registration doesn't start till 10 AM so that's when the discount tix are available.". They also said the $10.00 tickets will only be good for the afternoon session. I think the girl who answered the phone doesn't know what she's talking about though so I am going to call again tomorrow to confirm. I guess worst comes to worst I'll just use our Spring Flings.

So the people who dress up to get the 10 dollar ticket can't ski until Noon...bah bah bah Bullshit..Sexkitten you said you have 10 Spring Fling coupons..maybe you can help distribute/mail them to PASRs without a Blue season pass who are planning on attending the Retro/Gaper day. It would suck to be in gaper gear for 4 hours+ before people qualify for 10 dollar tickets..Why isn't there a Blue representative on here with the straight facts???

SK, if you can't get them to honor the $10 ticket all day, I will call as well, and perhaps mention a few pennsylvania consumer protection statutes or something like that, that I will research and find tomorrow morning. I don't like being materially mislead with the old bait and switch.

SK, if you can't get them to honor the $10 ticket all day, I will call as well, and perhaps mention a few pennsylvania consumer protection statutes or something like that, that I will research and find tomorrow morning. I don't like being materially mislead with the old bait and switch.

or you can just drink in the lot until 12 :)

73 P.S.

I'm hoping the chick on the phone didn't know what she was talking about. She wasn't even aware there was going to be a "retro day". She had to put us on hold and ask someone. I wish the info was on the website.

SK, did you get to call them today? If not, maybe I'll call. The email said to call the group services office. A morning ticket is only like $40 or something, which isn't a big deal, but the whole point of getting these outfits is for the $10 ticket. I'll be bummed if I don't get it:(

Looks like all the calls have paid off...

I just called and they said you need to get the ticket at the group sales office which is at the summit lodge. You need to be wearing your retro outfit when you pick up the ticket. I said I was getting there at 8 and was told that wouldn't be a problem as long I complied with the above.

Looks like all the calls have paid off...

I just called and they said you need to get the ticket at the group sales office which is at the summit lodge. You need to be wearing your retro outfit when you pick up the ticket. I said I was getting there at 8 and was told that wouldn't be a problem as long I complied with the above.

OMG, I just called to, and at first, I got their VM, maybe it was because they were on the phone with you!

The lady told me the same thing. Good for an all-day ticket, just come dressed and get your ticket at the group sales office.

SO EXCITED! I thought all my ebay shopping was in vain! Now if only Pennsylvania sold those cute little Sofia cans of champagne! Ah, sometimes I miss Virginia.

I propose a 9:00AM meeting at the top of the 6-pack...for those not familiar with Blue..the 6-pack is the lift with 6 seats..that is the 2nd lift from the left looking up..I'm glad that y'all got the ticket situation straightened up...now lets hope it doesn't rain that day....I expect Melissa and Sexkitten to be out..rain or shine..I'm not dressing up for myself...

edit: I thought about growing a moustache for Gaper day but I don't think I have enough time so I'll make due with my beefy ass'd sideburns..lol

mbike-ski..I see you're lurking...are you going to be there??? What about Mrs..SnowBunski and the children???

OMg, I will so be there. Go big or go home. I was planning on getting there at 8am.

BTW Melissa I love your Go Big or Go Home attitude..it gives me inspiration to really put together an uber good outfit..I really need to practice my Turkey Tuck..and later my beer chugging..

Seriously, you better bring it.

I'll be sporting this, http://i14.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/de/d3/c369_1.JPG

unless the ebay seller lied to me about shipping it priority yesterday. In which case, I'll go to my backup jacket:

http://i7.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/de/1d/bcc2_1.JPG

And if that doesn't get here, I'll buy something at the Salvation Army right quick. Remember, I'll be sporting one of those headband things (with silver accents), and some Risky Business Faux-Bans!! HOTT!

mbike-ski..I see you're lurking...are you going to be there??? What about Mrs..SnowBunski and the children???

caught me :o .....gonna try to squeeze in some runs but my son has a hockey tourney first thing in the am and then possybly baseball practice later that day :banghead damn kids....

Super pumped now. I'll be there early w/ my gaper gear ready. I"ll have to remember to pick up some beer on Thursday night. How many people are planning on showing up? Lets start a roll call, but don't let the roll call interfere with the chatter, its good stuff.

1. Schifdawg (Mike)

Mine has them

1. Schifdawg (Mike)

2. Melissa (Melissa)

3. GrilledSteezeSandwich(Doug)

4. Sexkitten (Leslie)

5. Boblikescats (Bob)

Oh, and BM said that we are good to get our tickets early at group sales at the Summit lodge just like everyone else said. It took three people to get the answer but we should be good.

Edited by sexkitten

1. Schifdawg (Mike)

2. Melissa (Melissa)

4. Sexkitten (Leslie)

5. Boblikescats (Bob)

6. snoskier (Jon)

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm going to give it a gaperific shot... we'll see! I'm still trying to decide what beverages will fit well in the fanny pack.

I'm definitely in for Saturday. I don't have all that much gaper-ish clothes (maybe a pair of pants that are a bit too tight, though), but I am willing to wear my helmet backwards while sporting shop goggles. You never know when some random woodworking may spring up. haha

1. Schifdawg (Mike)

2. Melissa (Melissa)

4. Sexkitten (Leslie)

5. Boblikescats (Bob)

6. snoskier (Jon)

7. Angry Hugo (???)

I will have to call around to find those Sofia Champagne cans. What is the best way to store alcohol while skiing? Fanny pack? Doesn't the alcohol get shooken (sp??) up?

Just check out Goodwill, there is tons of stuff there, very inexpensive!!