JFBB 3-9 TR JF

Windy Cold and crisp...

I arrived at the JF lot at 7:20 ish, booted up, strapped on the helmet, started the zune and got my ticket from the ticket shack.

They were still grooming and the mountain was dead.. I mean DEAD. I clicked in and went down Exhibition then through the east mountain gate only to realize that I was poaching!! Apparently the "ski with management and rangers for passholders at 7:30" thing wasn't in effect today as the lift was running but noone was there and the closed rope was still on it. About ten minutes later the liftie walked down challenge and walked over to me and got the lift stop box out and opened the lift. I got first chair (obviously) along with a ranger candidate. Chatting with him on the way up he said that floyd's was going to be closed (which it was) and he also mentioned that they were looking at March 22nd for their last day. :angry::angry::angry: They lost a boatload of snow in the past week, hell 8 days ago I was skiing in the trees and glades runs... wasn't going to happen today that's for sure. I headed down lightning to river shot and lapped that about 10 times as they did an excellent job grooming that... Not to mention that challenge, and thunderbolt were both closed as they were still grooming them. Thunderbolt was a complete mess, but somehow they got it groomed and did an excellent job with it too!!! The dropoff jump was seriously kicking ass and you could easily get 10-15 carries with speed... You know that's saying something when my big ass can air out for 10-15 feet length's without a jump. I was having so much fun that I lapped that for 5-6 runs in succesion.. DeMATTE'S demise was a little rough, with unlevel grooming spots and some death cookies.. There's a lot of big ice spots on the top of the dropoff's on challenge, thunderbolt (right side there's a HUGE ice patch.10 feet across easily), but the east mtn is in excellent shape.

The groomers do one hell of a job there that's for sure!!! I didn't ski anything skiers left of the park as it's pretty much a waste of time. Got in 30 quick runs and bolted out. There was still cord to be found on the sides even when I was leaving. I made it home in record time (probably because I was going well over my normal ( 15- 20 mph over) speed limit DOH!!! I even had fun making short work of two guys in a bmw 4?? ci convertable with MD tags... he wanted around me so bad and traffic wasn't letting him.. then he finally squeezed in and almost took my front bumper off in the process only for a third lane to open to the right... I downshifted and switched lanes he came out behind me and SEEEE YA I was gone.... by the time he was starting to get close because I wasn't going over 120 and he was trying desperately to catch up the additional lane ended and left him 5 or 6 cars back I was LMAO watching this fool weave in and out of traffic trying to catch back up to me and he finally caught up to me 5 miles later when I was exiting the freeway and gave him a little wave and laughed... (I did have a little jump on him cause I knew the additional lane was coming up and nailed it before he could jump into it remember he was from out of state...) It was fun, and it wasn't like I was street racing him or anything like that.... he was just being a prick riding my bumper when I clearly had nowhere to go in a line of traffic on both sides... then when I had my chance I made him look like an ass in his car that clearly costs probably 20-40 grand more than my little mitsu.. Oh well... now it's time to change, and get on with today's chores...

edit -- march 22nd my number lock was off..

Edited by phillycore

Having someone riding your ass when you have a manual trans can be mad fun.... nothing like downshifting to slow down and scaring the shit out of them because they don't see brake lights then nailing the gas so you don't get hit....lol Word to the wise... don't tailgate me, I'll make your day hell....just for shits and giggles.

Having someone riding your ass when you have a manual trans can be mad fun.... nothing like downshifting to slow down and scaring the shit out of them because they don't see brake lights then nailing the gas so you don't get hit....lol Word to the wise... don't tailgate me, I'll make your day hell....just for shits and giggles.

Sounds like intentionally endangering someone's life (dick move) and a reason to get your ass kicked.

You never know how the stranger you're f-ing with is going to react.

Word to the wise,

get out of the way if someone wants to go faster than you.

Don't be "that guy".

What's this Mistu you have?

Evo?

Edited by TT C6

I hate people who tailgate. I down shift, too, and try to spill their coffee.

ditto. if somebody wants to go faster than me... good for them. if they arent going to respect the speed that i'm going, i'm not going to respect the speed that they want to go.

Sounds like intentionally endangering someone's life (dick move) and a reason to get your ass kicked.

its more like saving a life by keeping somebody driving at a slower speed and keeping them in control of their car.... and you arent going to get your ass kicked for doing slowing down. for god's sake somebody breaks. oh the horror!

tailgating = dick move.

Edited by toast21602

OMG,

I think I'm beginning to hate a few of you.

I get out of the way when other people want to drive faster than me.

It's common courtesy.

I'm the guy who tailgates when people don't get the F out of the left land when they aren't passing.

I'm also the guys that rips people out of their car when they endanger my life.

Damn.

People's true colors are showing here.

Edited by TT C6

You never know how the stranger you're f-ing with is going to react.

Word to the wise,

get out of the way if someone wants to go faster than you.

Don't be "that guy".

What's this Mistu you have?

Evo?

If you ride my ass I will brake check the everloving shit out of you and then you can buy me a new car. Please "rip me out of my car" so I can take away the pretty one you drive in court. Thanks in advance.

Damn.

People's true colors are showing here.

:)

No way you're serious, TT C6. Nobody is this pissed off over stuff like this...are you sure we haven't met?

If you ride my ass I will brake check the everloving shit out of you and then you can buy me a new car. Please "rip me out of my car" so I can take away the pretty one you drive in court. Thanks in advance.

We used to watch The People's Court in college---the original with Judge Wapner...

Defendant: "He slammed on his brakes and made me hit him!"

Wapner: "And you obliged. Judgment for the plaintiff."

:dunno

Tailgaters are the worst, but they just slightly edge out the guys who camp in the left lane. For some reason all the eastern states are too lazy to put up "Keep Right Except to Pass" signs.

P.S. When I flash my high beams behind you, I'm not pissed. I just want you to pull into the right lane so I can pass. I can control my car, and my temper, thats why I'm signaling with headlights not tailgating.

The best part about all of this is the fact that TT C6 missed the WHOLE FUCKING POINT!!

I mentioned that I was getting tailgated and had NOWHERE TO GO!! I could not switch lanes or drive faster without hitting another vehicle.

No other option other than slowing down, or maintaining speed...

"he wanted around me so bad and traffic wasn't letting him"

I'm starting to quickly realize why everyone on here seems to think TT C6 is an a-hole

ditto. if somebody wants to go faster than me... good for them. if they arent going to respect the speed that i'm going, i'm not going to respect the speed that they want to go.

its more like saving a life by keeping somebody driving at a slower speed and keeping them in control of their car.... and you arent going to get your ass kicked for doing slowing down. for god's sake somebody breaks. oh the horror!

tailgating = dick move.

I'm pretty sure it is the job of the police to worry about my rate of travel thank you very much. I'm against riding someone's butt for sure as it is dangerous, on the other hand if someone is camped in the fast lane I have no sympathy. Just cause your going 60 in a 55 doesn't give you the right to hog it up over there, if I'm going 75 just get the hell over and let the cops do their job. I won't dangerously ride bumper, but I will wave at you in the rearview, flash lights, creep over to the left and give you headlights in the driver side mirror, and anything else that would relatively safely tell you I WANNA GO FASTER THAN YOU DO. Don't force people to travel at a speed that you deem to be safe.

No way you're serious, TT C6. Nobody is this pissed off over stuff like this...

I actually am serious.

This stuff really pisses me off when it happens to me like it did YESTERDAY.

I ALWAYS get out of the way if someone wants to pass me.

I always thank the other drivers by waving when they let me by.

It's just common courtesy.

It's a long drive to the mountains and having to deal with stuff like this makes the drive even worse.

Who is the 100lb kid between the Castro and Arafat?

No other option other than slowing down, or maintaining speed...

You just answered the question for yourself about what you should have done.

You should have done either of the above instead of being a dick.

Your "move" risked causing an accident that could have killed someone in the OTHER cars surrounding you two.

I read your post. I never said you had room and should have gotten over.

It's your "move" that made me make a comment.

I thought you were a HI-PO mustang guy ??? (serious driver)

I asked you 2 questions ans got ZERO response.

What Mitsu were you driving?

Don't you think people need to clear the left lane if you want to open up a Vortech or Procharged Mustang?

A lot of you guys have a pattern of being a smart ass, acting tough, and then crying about running to court when you are challenged.

You expose yourselves as cowards and it's embarrassing to read.

its ironic that you are hating people...

I'm starting to quickly realize why everyone on here seems to think TT C6 is an a-hole

To the haters,

you know what you can go do. :bj:yes (ear muffs)

Tailgaters are the worst, but they just slightly edge out the guys who camp in the left lane. For some reason all the eastern states are too lazy to put up "Keep Right Except to Pass" signs.

P.S. When I flash my high beams behind you, I'm not pissed. I just want you to pull into the right lane so I can pass. I can control my car, and my temper, thats why I'm signaling with headlights not tailgating.

I'm pretty sure it is the job of the police to worry about my rate of travel thank you very much. I'm against riding someone's butt for sure as it is dangerous, on the other hand if someone is camped in the fast lane I have no sympathy. Just cause your going 60 in a 55 doesn't give you the right to hog it up over there, if I'm going 75 just get the hell over and let the cops do their job. I won't dangerously ride bumper, but I will wave at you in the rearview, flash lights, creep over to the left and give you headlights in the driver side mirror, and anything else that would relatively safely tell you I WANNA GO FASTER THAN YOU DO. Don't force people to travel at a speed that you deem to be safe.

I TOTALLY agree with you guys.

THANK GOD there are some courteous people on this board that know how to drive.

I admit sometimes it hurts the ego to get out of the way and I have to resist my initial urges.

But, getting out of the way is the right thing to do.

I also admit that in the past I've been guilty of the same type of "dick moves" discussed in this thread.

Reading and responding to the original post only makes me more committed to keeping my cool while on the road.

Now, I need to work about keeping my cool on the shoulder of the road. :lol:

Edited by TT C6

To EVERYONE who is arguing against me:

How do YOU feel when you are about to hit a feature on the mountain and some gaper will not get out of your way?

How would you feel if the same gaper then had an attitude with you?

What if the same gaper then started flying at you and then pretends he is going to take you out as an attempt to piss you off?

How would you feel?

What would you say?

What might you do?

Edited by TT C6

TT C6, the kid pictured is the US National champion Roman-Greco wrestler in one of the upper weight classes. He came to PASR to kick some ass and take some names when not working at the CB tubing hill. His name is Assassin---for good reason, too.

One more crack out of you and I'm calling him.

REPOSTING ORIGINAL!!

"I made it home in record time (probably because I was going well over my normal ( 15- 20 mph over) speed limit DOH!!! "

That means I was driving quicker than 80-85mph speed limit 65 +15-20 = 80-85 <-- OVER!!

"I even had fun making short work of two guys in a bmw 4?? ci convertable with MD tags..."

The reason I know he has MD tags is because he WAS in front of me at one point and wasn't getting over when I was the one going quicker than HE was... Although I was NOT riding his bumper because I knew HE had nowhere to go BECAUSE WE were BOTH stuck

"he wanted around me so bad and traffic wasn't letting him.."

This means that HE made the decision to get out of the left lane and move forward.... he couldn't because he didn't have the room, he then decided to SQUEEZE back in front of me and

"then he finally squeezed in and almost took my front bumper off in the process only for a third lane to open to the right... "

A 3rd lane was about to open to the right which I knew about and obviously he didn't otherwise he would have stayed in the right lane instead of almost taking my bumper off

"I downshifted and switched lanes he came out behind me and SEEEE YA I was gone.... "

I switched lanes to the right as I had plenty of room to do so safely, and the 3rd lane came up and I then nailed it to go around the traffic that was in front of us holding us both up"

"by the time he was starting to get close because I wasn't going over 120 and he was trying desperately to catch up the additional lane ended and left him 5 or 6 cars back"

This means that he saw me go and decided to jump over 2 lanes to follow me but he was too far behind because I knew the road and he didn't and got the jump on him... then he got stuck 5-6 cars back when the lane ended and we had to merge back into the regular two lanes"

"I was LMAO watching this fool weave in and out of traffic trying to catch back up to me and he finally caught up to me 5 miles later when I was exiting the freeway and gave him a little wave and laughed... "

I drove normaly as I was back in traffic and satisfied that this jackass was no longer riding my bumper until I had to exit, but he was still having his issues as I noticed via rear view mirror and was weaving in and out of both lanes trying to get in front of me but I was 5-6 cars ahead. Then as he caught up as I was driving normally and my exit was coming up, I waved to him as he passed by in nascar mode.

"(I did have a little jump on him cause I knew the additional lane was coming up and nailed it before he could jump into it remember he was from out of state...)"

This is me explaining that why I pulled away from him...

" It was fun, and it wasn't like I was street racing him or anything like that.... he was just being a prick riding my bumper when I clearly had nowhere to go in a line of traffic on both sides... then when I had my chance I made him look like an ass in his car that clearly costs probably 20-40 grand more than my little mitsu.."

This is me explaining that I had NOWHERE to go and that HE was being the prick when NOONE had anywhere to go... And also that sometimes brains beats brawn... (knowledge of the road trumps horsepower)

FWIW my little mitsu is an eclipse...

As far as Hi-Po mustangs go... I DID own 2 mustangs and yes both were supercharged.... a 97GT with 99 motor and ATI procharger on it, and an 87LX 5.0 with a Vortech YSI on it.. I currently do NOT own a stang and don't see myself owning one anytime soon as it doesn't fit my needs..

The type of car really has no bearing on what happened as a damn yugo could have pulled away from some idiot with road rage who isn't thinking clearly and doesn't know the road...

Your Thread Mr. TT C6

"OMG,

I think I'm beginning to hate a few of you."

At least the feelings are mutual as I know I've tried to be as nice as possible to you with your obsessive pm's and double posts.

It just gets old after a while... It's a shame that you now have pretty much gotten yourself to the point that noone on here likes you.

At least not the majority. If I got myself in that position, I'd either backpeddle and apologize or move along to a place that I was accepted in.

I guess one can't be sure, but for the most part I feel that I am a good contributor to the site. The people that I have met and/or interacted with via online/IRL do value me as a positive person around here. Can you say the same??

"I get out of the way when other people want to drive faster than me.

It's common courtesy."

As do I, when I CAN!!

"I'm the guy who tailgates when people don't get the F out of the left land when they aren't passing."

I am the one who goes around and goes about my own way when this happens to me instead of tailgating.

If I know they can't change lanes due to traffic then I slow down and get behind them until we both can do something about our situation.

"I'm also the guys that rips people out of their car when they endanger my life."

Here we go... I definitely am not ripping anyone out of their car. I'm more cival minded than that and I don't care to find myself getting sued for something that could have been prevented.

Are you one of those internet tough guys who thinks they can beat everyone's ass??

Just curious...

"Damn.

People's true colors are showing here. "

Ain't that the truth...

My favorite color is black FWIW... but not on a car because they are a pain in the ass to keep clean...

I hope this clears up any confusion....

I might be looking into how this block feature works.... has anyone else blocked anyone before??

It would be a first for me...

i think i need to go back to blocking TT C6's ridiculous posts... somebody has a major anger problem and doesnt know how to control themselves other than Big Mr. Internet Bully. i thought he said he wasn't going to be a dick anymore. i guess being new to this site entitles you to be a dick. my bad. i must have forgotten about that.

I hope this clears up any confusion....

I might be looking into how this block feature works.... has anyone else blocked anyone before??

It would be a first for me...

it works well.

OMG,

yep he's gay

To EVERYONE who is arguing against me:

How do YOU feel when you are about to hit a feature on the mountain and some gaper will not get out of your way?

How would you feel if the same gaper then had an attitude with you?

What if the same gaper then started flying at you and then pretends he is going to take you out as an attempt to piss you off?

How would you feel?

What would you say?

What might you do?

o yeah did you happen to wear your sisters pants today?