Winter Park Stoke

Glenn

Here's some stuff I've (and some friends) been doing the past few days.

Here's shadows straightlining a chute.

7f7587a7.jpg

55881755.jpg

A little coolie which dumps out on some drops. I pussed out on the drops though. (photo by Lindsy)

4a26e15f.jpg

Lindsy on a cliffy in bounds.

99a8d544.jpg

Lindsy on a pillow line in bounds.

de3c1f16.jpg

Shadows introduced me to Matt. Matt likes out of bounds pillows.

5cfc670c.jpg

ae9894ee.jpg

e581b90f.jpg

b5818071.jpg

I aired out the same section (photo by Matt).

dfbe3667.jpg

Totally sick!!! That little snow bridge in the third pics makes for insanely cool pics.

I don't understand how this gets three replies where as bitching about sno or camelback gets 100

Thanks.

I'm trying to bump the good threads and get views/replys. If people on this site want the nonsense to end we need to let the lame threads go away.

Thanks.

I'm trying to bump the good threads and get views/replys. If people on this site want the nonsense to end we need to let the lame threads go away.

yeah we need more posts with pictures like that, that show some sick skiing/riding... note flame wars. keep the stoke flowing Glenn!

Yea dude! You know i'm on the same page about posts. So back to the pics:

Why didn't you take a shot of me on the cirque, haha? I know my line was not nearly as cool as Yours and Shadows, but you literally cut me out of the shot of Shadows by a few feet, haha. It is all good brotha!

You keep mentioning that you want me to see the "good snow," but the pow at the bottom of the cirque as you enter the tree line was the illest powder I've ever riddin. I wanna hike out there again and do something a little more ballsy.

Yea dude! You know i'm on the same page about posts. So back to the pics:

Why didn't you take a shot of me on the cirque, haha? I know my line was not nearly as cool as Yours and Shadows, but you literally cut me out of the shot of Shadows by a few feet, haha. It is all good brotha!

You keep mentioning that you want me to see the "good snow," but the pow at the bottom of the cirque as you enter the tree line was the illest powder I've ever riddin. I wanna hike out there again and do something a little more ballsy.

My bad dude. Should have got a pic of you on the cirque. To be fair I didn't snap any pics of Daves nutso line either. The snow at the bottom of the cirque was good. Untouched usually is. I want you to see a day when the bump trails are actually fun to ride because the bumps are soft and the troughs are largely filled in. Days like that make some of the tree runs so outrageously good. When you are landing in untouched thats when you know its on.

It's dumping here right now, so this weekend may be good if it stays cold.

My bad dude. Should have got a pic of you on the cirque. To be fair I didn't snap any pics of Daves nutso line either. The snow at the bottom of the cirque was good. Untouched usually is. I want you to see a day when the bump trails are actually fun to ride because the bumps are soft and the troughs are largely filled in. Days like that make some of the tree runs so outrageously good. When you are landing in untouched thats when you know its on.

Sweet, my pass request is in to my boss. So hopefully I'll be out again.

edit: btw-no worries on the pics. i'm just busting balls.

Edited by nick malozzi

Dumping now? WAHOOOO. See ya tomorrow.

at the moment, i dislike you. but thats only temporary and based on my extreme jealousy, so dont hold it against me.

It's ok I'd hate me too, but as lame as it sounds this jobs perks keep reminding me why I worked so hard in college. It makes all the effort worth while. I mean I'm working in my field in the ski industry, and haven't bought a lift ticket this entire season.

Move west... you'll find free shit too i guarantee it.

yeah we need more posts with pictures like that, that show some sick skiing/riding... note flame wars. keep the stoke flowing Glenn!

There's plenty of stoke to be shown from the PA hills too. There are so many guys on here that kill it in the park. A few folks throw edits up which is awesome (especially if you aren't on lousy computers like I am and can actually see the vids). Pics of people in the park are still cool though. It helps your riding so much to see what you look like, and how you can better style things. Plus it gets everyone else amped on riding.

There's also racing and family/friends stoke to be had. We just need more of it.

Really nice picture album you have made this winter.

Thanks. When I get back home in the spring and I don't have to use 3 different computers and a jump drive to edit, upload and post then I'm going to put a bunch more of the scenics I have.

There's plenty of stoke to be shown from the PA hills too. There are so many guys on here that kill it in the park. A few folks throw edits up which is awesome (especially if you aren't on lousy computers like I am and can actually see the vids). Pics of people in the park are still cool though. It helps your riding so much to see what you look like, and how you can better style things. Plus it gets everyone else amped on riding.

There's also racing and family/friends stoke to be had. We just need more of it.

i agree. i'll definitely have to contribute more of that because i'm with you on that thought 100%. i'm a photo nazi myself and i'm always snapping shots (not just of skiing) Way too much bologna on this site that goes on, i cant say i haven't contributed to it, since we all have, but i can change the amount of garbage that i post and hopefully people follow the same path.

we all know that lame threads about cb are popularity because cb is way better than any thing i Colorado... i didn't even think they have any thing much larger than an ant hill

When I get back home in the spring and I don't have to use 3 different computers and a jump drive to edit
must be putting those peoples faces in pic's of cb's back country

Thanks.

Here's an idea. Buy PASR and moderate it. Then you can do whatever you want.

Last time I checked places like the lounge have descriptions like "Not related to winter? Chat about it here!"

That basically means it's a free for all.

So here's yet another off topic post in a thread with some cool pics.

Also maybe when you say "pictures inside" people just look and move on that's why your views are higher than your replies.

Maybe next time you could say" Pictures inside, don't look without posting something, bitches"

Do these threads make you mad?

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11283

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=184

Some people enjoy them...

Not 100% of your posts are winter / skiing / on topic...

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.p...mp;highlite=%2B

Really, does it matter that much? IMHO not really. Ignore the ones you could care less about and bump the ones you like. Its that simple.

Did I mention cool pics? :clap2

Here's an idea. Buy PASR and moderate it. Then you can do whatever you want.

Last time I checked places like the lounge have descriptions like "Not related to winter? Chat about it here!"

That basically means it's a free for all.

My comments are not aimed at random non-ski related stuff. Thats bound to happen, and I think there are some cool people on here that I'd like to chat with about things besides skiing. The nonesense I'm talking about is the general nasty attitude people have had towards each other and towards mountains ESPECIALLY within the last 3 months.

A well deserved flame of a new user to get them on track with the overall concesus of a board is one thing. It's a totally different matter when the vast majority of a boards topics degenerate into the same pointless bickering.

As members we generate the content. Mods can only moderate whats given to them. I'm saying we need better core content. The side banter is fine, as long as there is legit content. There are hobby clubs which are about socializing and drinking, and there are hobby clubs that are about the hobby, where people also happen to get together and socialize and drink. I'm just saying the site would be 10x's better if there was MORE skiing/boarding. We don't need less socializing for it to happen.

Glenn weren't you the one who PM'd me and told me that you were in the mood to see a good flame war???? Pot calling the kettle black...

Flamewars are fun, no doubt. Every site needs them. What we don't need is a site dedicated to flame wars, get it?