Chondola?

First Grade Teacher

:confused :confused :confused Is it a chair or is it a gondola? What's the benefit? :confused:confused:confused

Newry, Maine, March 26, 2008--Sunday River announced that the first chondola in the Northeastern U.S. will be installed at the resort and will be up and running for the 2008-2009 season. The chondola will transport winter and summer guests from the South Ridge Base Area to the summit of North Peak, a trip that took two lift rides. Doppelmayr CTEC will be manufacturing the hybrid lift, which will cost the new owners of Sunday River, Boyne Resorts, $7.2 million.

A chondola is a high-speed detachable six-person chairlift that carries gondola cabins at regular intervals. The 2008-2009 open date is subject to state approvals.

:ph34r:

I don't know what the benefit of this is but most Gondola's uphill capacity is actually lower than high speeds, Sunday River is generally a cold cold mountain. I'm pretty sure the coldest place on earth is Sugarloaf with Sunday River a close second. Larry's don't like to sit on an open lift in the cold so maybe they think this is a good mix of uphill capacity and protection from the weather.

I wonder what the lift line will look like ? Could you wait for a Gondy if you don't want the open chair ?

I don't know what the benefit of this is but most Gondola's uphill capacity is actually lower than high speeds, Sunday River is generally a cold cold mountain. I'm pretty sure the coldest place on earth is Sugarloaf with Sunday River a close second. Larry's don't like to sit on an open lift in the cold so maybe they think this is a good mix of uphill capacity and protection from the weather.

I wonder what the lift line will look like ? Could you wait for a Gondy if you don't want the open chair ?

i google'd it and saw a video of one that had two separate lift lines.

Thanks FGT, I was looking for something exactly like that earlier but couldn't find it before class.

Maybe GrilledSteeze, but thats what the bathroom of the lodge, the car, and hotel are for. Like I said before, I think its a really cool concept, I just can't see myself waiting for 9 chairs to go by just so i can sit in a gondola, even if gondo-head was available. I'll take more runs over that any day. (at least in the winter) ;)