Whistler - Spring 2008

snorovr

We should have wi-fi at the place we got so I'll be posting up pics and maybe some video over the next week. Right now I've been sitting in the airport with my bro all day during this stupid rain/wind storm. All kinds of delays, cancellations, etc... but if finally looks like we'll be getting out of here in about an hour. Just got in touch with Dan Sobey after not hearing from him for a few days, and hopefully we get a big rental vehicle so he doesn't have to roll up from Seattle in the Greyhound. We're gonna do a slow ride up to Whistler tomorrow and making some stops in Seattle and along the way to explore because my girlfriend is coming and she has never been out there before. I have a free upgrade coupon for our rental car so hopefully we can get something pretty baller like the new Pathfinder we got last year. I'm hoping that with $4.00 gas no one will want the bigger SUV's and we can pick one of those up. Next stop, Seattle!

Soooo stoked!

With gas prices i don't think you'll have a problem. When i had to drive from SLC to Jackson back in January, it was 90 bucks to fill the suburban we rented, and that was when gas was still under 3 bucks..

what a nightmare that was...

haha indeed it was. I had to save Justin, Yesterday i get this call "Yo, i need a huge favor, I forgot my boots, can you get them and bring them to the airport." Luckily i was free and was able to, or that could have sucked.

haha indeed it was. I had to save Justin, Yesterday i get this call "Yo, i need a huge favor, I forgot my boots, can you get them and bring them to the airport." Luckily i was free and was able to, or that could have sucked.

What a freakin' maneuver. I've done it before though, although not quite to that magnitude. Luckily my bro and I were stuck at the airport cuz of the storm and he was able to reach me to let me know he forgot them. He didn't even remember he could call you! You will be handsomely repaid upon our return.

It was a bit of a rough trip up to Whistler. Delayed forever in the airport because of the storm. Finally got out to Seattle after they put us on a direcAnt flight out of Philly which was nice to have after we were supposed to through Chicago. Picked up a pretty dope Nissan Armada for the price of a mid-size car. Under $400 for the week and a couple days. Anyway, got a speeding ticket only minutes before we got to the border where I missed the speed limit sign and thought the speed limit was still 70. Office Dick (real name) said that I was going 15 over, "gave me a break" and gave me a ticket for $100 for going 5 mph over. THEN, we got to the border and were detained for a while while they ran deeper background checks on all 6 of us. He had to get out and wait in the customs center for a while and then they finally let us go. I've never stopped at the border. Weird...

Finally made it up to Whistler a lil bit later. We have an awesome room and I'll make another post real soon.

I always look at trip reports and think they're lame. I wonder if this looks as dumb as I think it does...

What a freakin' maneuver. I've done it before though, although not quite to that magnitude. Luckily my bro and I were stuck at the airport cuz of the storm and he was able to reach me to let me know he forgot them. He didn't even remember he could call you! You will be handsomely repaid upon our return.

Haha it's all good. I just want to see some sick footage since im stuck in the warm, mountainless region...

one of the more weirder trips ive been on. which also made it one of the best. the park was pretty lame to be honest so the focus was a little more on the off hill activities....at least for me. plus i have a fractured heel (heal?). low 80 degree temps were tough but it worked.

ill put up the first pics of the trip i guess cause i got nothing else to do after pretty much shaving my head. whats up cue ball?

obviously more shitty cell pics....

everyone else has legit cameras though so theres sure to be better stuff on the way. most likely all of me.

in seattle at pike place market.

pikes1.jpg

pikes2.jpg

the fish locks

pikes3.jpg

pikes4.jpg

sea-to-sky

pikes5.jpg

this is on the way back from whistler

aquarium

pikes11.jpg

waterfront

pikes10.jpg

market again

pikes9.jpg

what..the 4 good shots?? haha

Pretty much

4 good shots. all kt. plus my keytone shit. i dont even care. it was a hella fun trip

im back in pa now too.

I thought Trev's five that was shot from the lift was pretty good.

you guys remember the time we went to whistler and the snow was seriously unstable cause it was 80 degrees?

http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123577

Holy shit that is exactly where we skied the first day we were there! We took that little line just to skiers right of that big rock.

Video and trip report are forthcoming. With the price of gas and everything else I've been super busy working. I'll get around to it ASAP.

• 1 year later...